Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    You all realize suicide in your 60s is a little less traumatic than suicide in you teens and 20s right?
    I see a lot of incredibly stupid and/or insensitive and/or clueless things posted on these boards, but this statement has definitely earned a spot at the top of that list.

What I "realize" is that this is a tragic and heartbreaking loss for his family and everyone who cared about him. Nothing more need be said.

I agree with those who are requesting that this thread be closed out of respect for him and his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    "Within inches of your life and still not give in". What does it have to do with coming within inches of your life? It's not about living in a jungle. It's about feeling so miserable every day you'd rather not exist anymore. This is nothing that goes away, it will always stay with you. Even if it lays low, it will emerge again. It's an illness. These people don't feel depressed because their life is hard, they don't want to quit life because they have a shitty job. These people can have loving families, be wealthy, have passions in their lifes and still can't muster up the strength to leave their bed. What do you say to people who have great physical pains every day because of a tumor and who'd rather end their life on their own terms than to suffer like a dog?
    You are correct, it does and will manifest itself again, into what no one knows but it comes back, thats why treatment is an ongoing process and having a support group that can identify trends in your life to say well thats certainly not something I have seen from you before is paramount to continuing the battle.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, can't be arsed signing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    I see a lot of incredibly stupid and/or insensitive and/or clueless things posted on these boards, but this statement has definitely earned a spot at the top of that list.

What I "realize" is that this is a tragic and heartbreaking loss for his family and everyone who cared about him. Nothing more need be said.

I agree with those who are requesting that this thread be closed out of respect for him and his family.
    Why are people acting like the Williams family is watching the board. Of course you don't discuss these things with a mourning family, but this is a board.

this came as a shock ...and i heard about this in trade channel, i love you Robin, you made me laugh, some of the most memorable roles and character every watched.

Love you man

p.s. anyone who likes this great man please sign the petition, i think its an amazing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post

Nice editing. First hand experience on both fronts gives me plenty of understanding on the subject. But hey you've got it all figured out.

Fuck it why not. No harm is doing so. WoW is already filled with pop culture stuff and I don't see anyone bitching about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    You are correct, it does and will manifest itself again, into what no one knows but it comes back, thats why treatment is an ongoing process and having a support group that can identify trends in your life to say well thats certainly not something I have seen from you before is paramount to continuing the battle.
    He had a drug problem. It wasn't just depression. You can say a lot of the depression could have came from drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Adding an entire zone around Indiana Jones or Rambo is borderline acceptable (know I cringed while typing this), adding an ingame memorial for a real life celebrity who had nothing to do with the game apart from being a regular player doesn't make sense.

Do this and every John, Mary and Nikolay will want someone from their family who played WoW as a npc, and then on what grounds could every single one of them be denied?
    They already have tons of people that are important to them as NPCs in WoW. on what grounds will they deny all the hordes you speak of? The same grounds they always have, it's their game, they get to decide who they add in the form of NPC.

You act like they have never added random people into the game. It has been done before, it will be done again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several NPCs based on dead people, and most of them practically NOBODY knows. We're talking about ROBIN FUCKING WILLIAMS here, EVERYBODY knows him. And he played WoW to boot. Definitely give him an NPC. That guy is a legend.

The least they could do is post his character as an uninteractable NPC like they did to that one NE hunter in Shatt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Why not? He also played video games too. And he was a fan of warcraft.
    ..My heart

Some of you are just so damn toxic. grow the fuck up.

it's okay to honor twitch heroes in your game: venruki, swifty, hotted, reckful, sodah. but god fucking forbid they honor a great man/ actor/ comedian in their game.

When WoW does finally die. it's not going to be lack of content, it's not going to be LFR or LFD, won't be any raid or bg, it won't even be because the game is easy, It's going to come from this cesspool you call the WoW community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You do realize your defending somebody killing them-self. I think the guy did great things in his life, and I respect him for that. I do not respect his decision on suicide though. No matter how psychologically hard it gets. Why is this hard to understand?
    Yes I am defending his decision to kill himself. I'd wish he'd not done it. I wish nobody would do it. It must be terrible to go through this, to even feel like you'd rather not exist anymore and it must be real hard for the families of these people. And I don't even truly understand what they go through because I have never and likely will never experience this, because I don't have this illness. And that's why I shut up. It's so easy to say these people are weak when you don't know what it feels like to go through that. But I understand that some people at some point just can't take it anymore and as much as I wish it would never come this far, for anyone, it is their life and they decide what they do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

He had a drug problem. It wasn't just depression. You can say a lot of the depression could have came from drug use.
    Or the alcoholism was a way to deal with his depression.

- - - Updated - - -

I have read this thread with great interest and outside of one or two trolls I think everyone understands he was suffering and the debate is over a tribute.. I am torn on this myself, as someone who has dealt with long term clinical depression I feel what Mr. Williams was going through, everyday is a battle with that demon inside of you, EVERY DAMN DAY. I am married with kids and have sought and continue to seek professional help as long as it does not lead to a chain of prescriptions that artificially numbs my mind. WoW has been a boon over the 8 years I have played it and it continues to be a source of therapy.

I was in the US Navy for 21 years and during that time it was easily controlled or masked if you will because of the organizational culture and structure, it provided me with a daily road map along with group counselling sessions both at home and deployed to be a very successful member of the US Military, as my retirement date approached (forced due to other medical issues) my depression re-manifested itself into social anxiety disorder which of course led to many more therapy sessions which now with the help of the VA.. (ironic i know) has that under control, still without medications...but after reading about Mr. Williams I can see where I am going to need to do something I have always shied away from (pills) because once my children are grown up and I hit my 60's I fear that the will to fight the demons will begin to whither away and that option to say I fought the good fight and my children now are parents themselves why continue the struggle..

What does this have to do with a tribute.. no idea anymore, but my empathy is real and well I guess this is another form of therapy.
    I wish you the best

for the people who talk about average joes not getting memorials in wow.
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1832/a-...game-memorials

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    His kids are adults. The dude suffered from depression which drove him to alcoholism. He must've fought for decades, unless you know what it's like to live like that think twice to judge him.
    well it was not alcohol i fought on a daily base but someting else. and i still fight it every single day. yet i keep on going. and see the good parts in my life and hold on to them. and sure it sucks for them. but 99% of the people only know him from a few movies. and now that he is dead its all how terrible etc. yet more then 2000 people(mainly childeren) where killed in gaza. and more then 1000 people died to ebole. and they wanted to live. they where happy so i have more sympathy for them. then i got for him.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well it was not alcohol i fought on a daily base but someting else. and i still fight it every single day. yet i keep on going. and see the good parts in my life and hold on to them. and sure it sucks for them. but 99% of the people only know him from a few movies. and now that he is dead its all how terrible etc. yet more then 2000 people(mainly childeren) where killed in gaza. and more then 1000 people died to ebole. and they wanted to live. they where happy so i have more sympathy for them. then i got for him.
    that's were I'm coming from too. Not to mention how many people who commit suicide daily around the world that get dismissed and called names. Yet we must respect his decision no matter what because he was in movies? No sorry I'm not buying that. He was amazing in a lot of ways. Which makes the decision sting even more for people.

Omg Robin Williams played WoW?

WHAT IF I PLAYED WITH HIM AND DIDNT KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Some of you are just so damn toxic. grow the fuck up.

it's okay to honor twitch heroes in your game: venruki, swifty, hotted, reckful, sodah. but god fucking forbid they honor a great man/ actor/ comedian in their game.

When WoW does finally die. it's not going to be lack of content, it's not going to be LFR or LFD, won't be any raid or bg, it won't even be because the game is easy, It's going to come from this cesspool you call the WoW community.
    who says they are oke with honoring twitch heroes?? and he is just a man just like the other god knows how many killed by isreal/hamas or ebola or issi. but they had a live full of joy they didn't want to die. yet they did. and sure we are not sure if he killed him self. but it would be to first celb who had alcohol or drugs problems and didn't kill him self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Omg Robin Williams played WoW?

WHAT IF I PLAYED WITH HIM AND DIDNT KNOW IT.
    then maybe you didn't wipe on the boss and got your shiny epic armor you always wanted?

10+ Year Old Account
    that's were I'm coming from too. Not to mention how many people who commit suicide daily around the world that get dismissed and called names. Yet we must respect his decision no matter what because he was in movies? No sorry I'm not buying that. He was amazing in a lot of ways. Which makes the decision sting even more for people.
    I see where you are coming from, those of us who fight depression or other illnesses have a part of them who are angry for what he did, I am not going to lie, a part of me is angry too, why because we look to those in positions of authority or those who have brightened our lives (like Robin did with his humor) to show us a way, that there is hope, that there is a light at the end of a tunnel no matter what disease or illness you are fighting, and a fight it is, you yourself said you were at the lowest of lows at a point in your life but you came back a better person, and seeing someone who has fought those lows like Robin Williams did decide to end his life stings, it stings badly so you can see why i said originally why i am torn on an in game memorial or an NPC, or w/e Blizz decides to do..in this case his demons won, maybe the next time the demons will lose and we can memorialize that.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I see where you are coming from, those of us who fight depression or other illnesses have a part of them who are angry for what he did, I am not going to lie, a part of me is angry too, why because we look to those in positions of authority or those who have brightened our lives (like Robin did with his humor) to show us a way, that there is hope, that there is a light at the end of a tunnel no matter what disease or illness you are fighting, and a fight it is, you yourself said you were at the lowest of lows at a point in your life but you came back a better person, and seeing someone who has fought those lows like Robin Williams did decide to end his life stings, it stings badly so you can see why i said originally why i am torn on an in game memorial or an NPC, or w/e Blizz decides to do..in this case his demons won, maybe the next time the demons will lose and we can memorialize that.
    Yea you pretty much get what I'm saying. That's why I think people are even having a hard time seeing what I'm posting. In the end it's probably not a great idea to memorialize him imo, but look what happened to Kurt kobain. People glorified his suicide.