Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    This song and dance is getting very old now, they have done everything short of removing the LFR. They even removed the tier so the normal and above progression player would no longer find the LFR appealing. Besides the afk and standing around numb nuts, these people in heroic raid gear and even some that just had nothing better to do caused more issues in the LFR, which all it did is help to make the LFR toxic cesspool it turned out to be. Now you can stand a bit higher ilvl to start with, even with the armor buffs that are coming from crafting profession that give the gear a 10 point boost, you and many like you far and exceed any sort of ilvl and LFR person will be able to obtain.

It is time for you to let it all go, you get the special gear and trinket and even nicer looking gear than the LFR, you will be very bit of the very special snowflake you feel entitled to be. Seriously your not getting cheat out of gear or something, stop whining about ilvl. People like you set out to make the LFR crap, you exceed now move on to your next intended target, so Blizzard can make that worthless as well.
    This, 100x. Taking gear away from one group of people to appease the special snowflakes (read: people who have to stroke their ego on forums and in game with pixels) is unnerving. The only reason LFR can be a bad place right now is shit attitudes from people who get pissy when a tank/dps/healer doesn't do something. These are the same people that MUST run it for that trinket for that proc so their dps can go up 1%. It's pathetic. Really. I'd love Blizz to implement a "Raider" button, that once clicked on character creation will NOT let your "Raider" character into LFR and only into normal/heroic/mythic, see how that changes the overall attitude and environment of LFR. My guess, it would be a lot less toxic given all the pretentious dbags would have to find another group to pick on when their over-aggrandized ego gets slightly deflated.

TL;DR - projection bias

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryam View Post
    No. There absolutely does not. Edit: Aside from seeing content. Blizzard has stated that they want LFR to be like a guided tour mode, and nothing more --> Sentiments I strongly agree with.

LFR is the absolute bane of my wow play time. If there is any way to avoid it, I will. Those who want to avoid it, like me, should be given a way to progress straight from heroics to normal raiding. If this is the case, and we can progress from 630 ilvl to 655, then great! No probs here. If I have to run LFR to get into normal raiding, I'm telling you right now, I would consider skipping this xpac and every subsequent until LFR is absolutely skippable.

Point: LFR is the absolute worst.
    You can now create a group of 10+ anywhere and queue up for LFR. Free of random pugs. It will scale to 10. So you have the ability to avoid all the toxicity contained in LFR to get your basic gear.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    Why? Why does there have to be anything more incentive than what people enjoy doing. Not everyone that plays this game inspires to be a raider in this game, nor should they forced be or do. That is like saying that someone that only enjoy doing PVE raid content, should be forced to PVP as well or vice versa.

If someone just does not care for all the things that come with raiding; which some of those things are yelling, screaming, whining, not being on time, having to spend hours searching for one or two people because someone could not make it or chose not too, bitching who should have the gear and the endless name calling and blaming that goes on as to who's fault it was for the last wipe only after 20-30 minutes later you are all right back to the point where the boss is still standing and you got like 30 or 45 more minutes of raid time because someone took their time and decided to jerk around.

Seriously, I been through all this and more and I am more than sure I forgot a few things to add to the list, these things are what took place in Cata for me. I raiding in Wrath with a guild I started with in BC and the people never acted like this, if they did they were long gone. Cata was the end of raiding for me, until the LFR (which is nothing more than a dungeon wrapped in raid boss atmosphere). Now on average I have to wait for like 30 to 45 mins to get in and maybe have to deal with a few people standing around or be afk and then have an occasional raider whining and bash people for be bad.

I find that part so assuming because the LFR is for people from the people that never raided before up to the person like me that just does not no longer want to play the whole song and dance that seem to come with raiding. Sure there are many groups that don't do much of what I first explained in their guild, but I have had enough bad that I would just rather zoom through some content and move on with my life. I don't consider it easy mode either because you still have to deal with idiots of all kinds in the LFR. What I do find it to be is, I really don't have to engage another person, if i chose not too. Which in turns helps me to maintain my sanity more than anything else.

When I get in a decent LFR group of like minded people, it is truly a wonderful experience and very much a joy to complete. I do not have to here all the damn noise in vent, people whining and crying about this and that, It is so peaceful and takes me back to when I first started raiding way back when.

My incentive, is to have peace of mind to retain my sanity and every bit of it I can. if i have to deal with couple numb nuts per run in the LFR, so be it because it is much better than the alternative. That is what I think of your incentive.
    Then seeing the content is a valid reason and more power to you. It is understandable from that viewpoint. However then it should have nothing to do with gear or iLvl which is the complaint. Better gear to blow up PvE questing content and LFR is not valid, which is the subject under scrutiny in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maulis425 View Post
    This, 100x. Taking gear away from one group of people to appease the special snowflakes (read: people who have to stroke their ego on forums and in game with pixels) is unnerving. The only reason LFR can be a bad place right now is shit attitudes from people who get pissy when a tank/dps/healer doesn't do something. These are the same people that MUST run it for that trinket for that proc so their dps can go up 1%. It's pathetic. Really. I'd love Blizz to implement a "Raider" button, that once clicked on character creation will NOT let your "Raider" character into LFR and only into normal/heroic/mythic, see how that changes the overall attitude and environment of LFR. My guess, it would be a lot less toxic given all the pretentious dbags would have to find another group to pick on when their over-aggrandized ego gets slightly deflated.

TL;DR - projection bias
    Those raiders that you speak of so poorly are generally your tanks that are organized, your healers that are making up for the healers who can't pull 60k HPS and your dps who are doing well above what it takes to get past the enrage timer and making up for the people doing 60k DPS. I believe the beloved LFR community usually calls us "Try Hards" in your super special LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    LFR isn't more difficult than MoP heroics, so frankly they don't deserve it. Also from the looks of the heroics dungeons in WoD it is clear that actually heroic dungeon gear should be higher iLvl than that of LFR in it's current state. LFR is 6 good players, 2-tanks, 2-3 healers and 1 decent dps who down the boss while 19-20 other windowlickers AFK and die to a mechanic that a 5 yr old would know was not good to stand in.
    No. I don't care if LFR has a higher ilevel than Heroic 5 mans. I have come to accept that. What I am worried about is the constant need to do it once again like in MoP. Trust me. I am glad they made these changes. LFR being easier, dropping more gear, and has flex tech involved; just brilliant. If they can truly do what they said and add more heroic 5 mans per tier, even better.

If the difference is 10 however, I assure you, people are going to keep running it again and prefer to run that and never run the new heroics. Its just a design choice I ain't sure I am going to like. 10 in this game is extremely big when it comes to ilevels. Doing 10k dps and jump to 12k dps. 20% increase. Just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I see no problem actually. New players also NEED to do Normal to gear up for Heroic. It's a part of the MMO games I think...

Guild group with are doing raids with you, do you have it?

If you have -> go LFR with them and setup LFR raids in your calendar(you guys will gear up to do normal, then you'll gear up to do heroic, and then for mythic(kick 5 players anyway)).
    If you don't -> why do you need better gear anyway if you don't have guild group for raids?

It's like saying "we're forced to do normal because we need to gear up for mythic".
    Dude... seriously, I have no idea what the fuck you just said. Please restate once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You can now create a group of 10+ anywhere and queue up for LFR. Free of random pugs. It will scale to 10. So you have the ability to avoid all the toxicity contained in LFR to get your basic gear.
    Not true, the game will just match you up with other people to get to 25. LFR will only scale down if there aren't 25 people looking for that LFR part after a time period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Not true, the game will just match you up with other people to get to 25. LFR will only scale down if there aren't 25 people looking for that LFR part after a time period.
    Are you on beta to confirm? Blizzard said this would be possible but that was months ago.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Are you on beta to confirm? Blizzard said this would be possible but that was months ago.
    LFR isn't active on beta. They have said multiple times that the LFR system will do its best to get 25 people together.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    This has been talked about to death. LFR item level is fine at 640 since it will open in slow wings compared to heroic dungeons which can be repeated many times at launch when gearing. There needs to be some incentive for people to run LFR.
    This has indeed been discussed to death, and LFR being better than Heroic dungeons once again consigns Heroic dungeons to irrelevance. They will be run in a, what, 1 month window out of a 2 year expansion cycle, after which they will be totally obsoleted by LFR again? Dreadful.

The highlighted portion is true, but the incentives should not be better than organized difficult content like Heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Oh please. Stop using this as an excuse. Yes there are dicks out there that will demand higher gear level than they have and that is required for what they want to do, This has always been the case. However there is NOTHING to stop you forming your own group and doing the content you want to do. There are multiple routes to do this, from asking friends, to Openraid and Oqueue. Stop using the "but people ask this" as a crux and just get out there and do it yourself.
    thats what the lfr crowd said when heroic raiders complained they had to do lfr first to get geared because "it was required by their groups and their groups wouldn't let em in without lfr gear"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This has indeed been discussed to death, and LFR being better than Heroic dungeons once again consigns Heroic dungeons to irrelevance. They will be run in a, what, 1 month window out of a 2 year expansion cycle, after which they will be totally obsoleted by LFR again? Dreadful.

The highlighted portion is true, but the incentives should not be better than organized difficult content like Heroic dungeons.
    heroic dungeons have always been a joke after a month cause by then people have outgeared em anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    heroic dungeons have always been a joke after a month cause by then people have outgeared em anyway
    Heroic dungeons in WoD are supposed to be on the level of lower Cataclysm launch-tier Heroics and require Proving Grounds just to queue for. Designing them to become obsolete after a few weeks like the old Heroic dungeons is pretty bad.