Deleted

Why the reagent tab if vanilla-mop reagents will become obsolete?

So I recently read some blog about the new toy box (which is great) and the new reagent tab. But I don't grasp why they would add the reagent tab since I also have heard that they will be applying the 1-reagent-only-to-max-profession treatment (that Mining saw in MoP) to all other professions. They said that all in all there will be a "catch up method" of leveling a profession from skill level 1 to 625 by using the new (warlords of draenor) reagents just like miners can farm ghost iron ore from level 1.

Here's a pic given on that site: http://www.junkiesnation.com/wp-cont...agant-bank.jpg

And as you can see it's only old reagents sitting there that I'm guessing will have near to no value in WoD. At the moment I have about 2 alts banks/bags filled with cloth, another 3 with herbs and one has a guild bank filled with JC and enchanting reagents. Sure this is needed now, but if it is only for reagents in one expansion and not 5 then I just don't see the point. Why not just make the new mats introduced in WoD (ores, bars, cloth, gems, dust, gems, herbs etc.) stackable to high amounts (which they already have said they would do)? If the new stacks will be.. say limited to 200, then there's no point for a reagent bank unless you are stacking tens of thousands of reagents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, it may still be cheaper to level up with old mats. You just won't hit that brick wall where one guy is selling that mat you really need for the next five skillups at 500g/stack.

Sig by Isilrien

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is if that reagent bank is account wide or not. If it's not, I don't really see the point. I have my own guild bank specifically so I can access all the same stuff on my alts.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What I want to know is if that reagent bank is account wide or not. If it's not, I don't really see the point. I have my own guild bank specifically so I can access all the same stuff on my alts.
    Not everyone has an army of alts and doesnt need linked storage.
    I'm glad it's not account wide, the tab is not big enough to hold all my alts reagents.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    Not everyone has an army of alts and doesnt need linked storage.
    I'm glad it's not account wide, the tab is not big enough to hold all my alts reagents.
    You don't have to have an army of alts to appreciate the linked storage. Yes, it's less storage by having it linked but it's also a lot easier to find your stuff instead of hopping around on every character to check their bags.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    You don't have to have an army of alts to appreciate the linked storage. Yes, it's less storage by having it linked but it's also a lot easier to find your stuff instead of hopping around on every character to check their bags.

Addons can solve that

Doesnt the catch up BS just make useless items?

Whereas even after catching up, if theres a pattern/item you like the look of you can go back and farm the mats for it.

Also, Alts and lowbies wont land in the max level content to farm those nodes to level their professions, so the UI is fine for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, you can certainly level mining solely in Pandaria, but at what cost? I mean, sure, if you just want to level mining by itself for whatever reason and you don't care about accumulating ore, then go for it. I think the better idea, though, is to level mining alongside another profession that it synergizes with, like engineering. It's slower, but you're farming mats you'll actually put to good use. Also, the catch-up mechanic that blacksmithing uses is a horrible, horrible waste of money. It's incredibly expensive to level BS this way and all the items you make are worthless vendor trash, so again, I think you'd be better off gathering your own mats or buying old mats off the auction house. These kinds of leveling shortcuts definitely have intended downsides, so I don't see a problem with them existing. I think that for the wealthy and ignorant, they will use the shortcut methods, but the more efficient way will still be using the old mats. I sincerely doubt they will go out of their way to make the mats from 5 expansions worthless.

Don't understand what you're saying about the reagent bank. How can extra space possibly have a downside?
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-08-12 at 08:32 AM.
    Look! Words!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because you can still make items from previous expansions that still require previous expansion Items.

AKA Blacksmithing/LW/Tailoring Transmog items.