10+ Year Old Account

Getting killed by a bloodcoin farmer not afflicting the debuff

I just got killed 4 times in a row by the same guy on the Timeless Isle before I got the debuff and he stopped killing me.

Checked death records and combat log, he got the killing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I just got killed 4 times in a row by the same guy on the Timeless Isle before I got the debuff and he stopped killing me.

Checked death records and combat log, he got the killing blows.
    Report the matter to Blizzard, probably a bug. Are you sure though it wasn't a player of the opposite faction, who wasn't farming coins? No use posting here, we can't investigate and fix it.

Was it an opposite faction player? If so he probably had a Firewatchers Oath on instead of a Censor. People don't always get a debuff when killed by others with that on.

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromaniac View Post
    Was it an opposite faction player? If so he probably had a Firewatchers Oath on instead of a Censor. People don't always get a debuff when killed by others with that on.
    Never. If you kill someone with Firewatchers Oath they never get a debuff.

Are you a dk with purgatory? Or a mage with cauterize? last time i checked Purgatory and cauterize prevented the debuff.
    Was the player an ordos dude or did he just look red and was a normal race? Firewatchers oath transforms you in the ordos dude and won't give you a debuff, censer gives you a debuff and the only appearance change is that you have this red color.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    Never. If you kill someone with Firewatchers Oath they never get a debuff.
    Uhhh what? Yes they do. I seen it and done it on timeless isle.

To the OP

Yeah its probably a bug because sometimes when i farm coins in timeless isle on my rogue i would have to kill the same person a few times before i get the coin.

Some things i know, if they are fighting with something while you gank them chances are you wont get the coin. Probably something to do with being in combat prevents it from happening?

Were you in combat while you were being ganked?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Uhhh what? Yes they do. I seen it and done it on timeless isle.

To the OP

Yeah its probably a bug because sometimes when i farm coins in timeless isle on my rogue i would have to kill the same person a few times before i get the coin.

Some things i know, if they are fighting with something while you gank them chances are you wont get the coin. Probably something to do with being in combat prevents it from happening?

Were you in combat while you were being ganked?
    Firewatcher's Oath does not apply the sacrificed debuff. I have farmed the coins on 2 different accounts with both Censer and Oath, and only the Censer applies the debuff

Debuff is only applied by the "original" censer, and also when using both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Debuff is only applied by the "original" censer, and also when using both of them.
    Ah ok thats right i use both so i can get 2x coins from a kill.