View Poll Results: Is 4 dungeons enough for leveling in WoD?

Voters
320. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 43.44%
  • No, there should be at least 6/8

87 27.19%
  • No, there should be at least 7/8

43 13.44%
  • No, all should be available while leveling on normal mode

51 15.94%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Stonecore... Every boss as far as I remember had some mechanic that if you didn't react perfectly would one shot you. Also the room with imps... Had to corner pull half a mile away vanilla style.

Oh, and pugs getting MCed by Corla in BRC.

And the freakin' electro beams on Vanessa gauntlet.

But don't worry, every xpac had some bosses that PUGs would fail horribly at, for example in WOTLK: snake boss in gundrak, oculus flying on drakes, loken before people could just ignore mechanics and failing stopped being an issue, and the most dreaded first two bosses on halls of reflection.

TBC can't say I ran all hcs, I was mostly running a few of them that were considered "easy", but people were complaining about Arcatraz, Durnholde, Sethekk and Magister's Terrace trash.
    With the exception of MoP. MOP heroics were faceroll even with questing gear you had on when you hit cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Symby View Post
    That would require a lot of work on their end, a lot of scaling to be done, can't see that happening, tho it would make queueing a lot less stressfull and more fun, also more ppl will be able to experience content they never experienced before probably; BUt plz no Gnomergan!!!
    I could be wrong, but gnomergan is broken out into wings these days (as is mauraudon, and BRD) in the dungeon finder.

I agree that 4 seems low, but it's what we got in mop as well (options in mop: Shado-pan, MSP, SSB, Temple.) Frankly, this time around they're spending a lot of their energy on making the rest of the leveling experience a bit more rich (and i'm sure there'll be plenty who will agree to disagree there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    Obviously not, but it takes a lot of effort and resources to create a dungeon.
    Thus more work can go into raids.

/mindexplosionsz
    Screw raids, more dungeons would be better for time saving and more variety of loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    think your in for a shock
    Oh? What makes you say that? Currently in the beta it takes about 16 hours right now to go from 90-100. That's with someone who knows what they're doing and does all the vignettes and bonuses. It probably takes that same amount of time to go from 1-60 combined.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    I PuGGed it. Never really had much trouble with it, but I know lots who did have a problem.
    It's probably because you have never played at the start. They were really hard compared to other heroic dungeons and there were many wipes even with teams who knew what are they doing.

OT: I thought that questing is enough, we'll have plenty of time. If someone want group content, no problem, we'll have probably many group quests. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    With the exception of MoP. MOP heroics were faceroll even with questing gear you had on when you hit cap.
    Still not entirely true. Shado-Pan Monastery, Scarlet Halls and Scarlet Monastery were infamously quick to wipe on trash (and Armsmaster Harlan because tanks would ignore adds and/or Blades of Light would kill half the party) and for some strange reason people have gotten severe memory loss about that.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Oh? What makes you say that? Currently in the beta it takes about 16 hours right now to go from 90-100. That's with someone who knows what they're doing and does all the vignettes and bonuses. It probably takes that same amount of time to go from 1-60 combined.
    Only if you're non-stop spamming dungeons in all heirlooms and with guild perk. Questing takes a good bit longer, around 24 hours. I've done it more times than I want to admit to since Mists came out. (Even with all heirlooms, it slows down considerably after ~45.)
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    Obviously not, but it takes a lot of effort and resources to create a dungeon.
    Thus more work can go into raids.

/mindexplosionsz
    the dungeons are already implemented, what are u talking about? what i am saying is not make more dungeons(even tho they will come 6.1 or 6.2 or w/e) is just make the max level normal dungeons be redistributed to the leveling experience instead; did u even read this thread?

afaik they have 2 groups of ppl, one for dungeon and one for raiding, so one should not affect the other's 'ammount/quality' of content

Deleted
    How many leveling dungeons did TBC have? ( And how much XP did they give / was it fun leveling in them ? )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    How many leveling dungeons did TBC have? ( And how much XP did they give / was it fun leveling in them ? )
    i still have fun leveling through outland's dungeons(with few exceptions, like auchenai crypts or old hillsbrad foothills)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Only if you're non-stop spamming dungeons in all heirlooms and with guild perk. Questing takes a good bit longer, around 24 hours. I've done it more times than I want to admit to since Mists came out. (Even with all heirlooms, it slows down considerably after ~45.)
    Fair enough, but it's still considerably less time to go from 20-30 than from 90-100. :P

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    People should stop comparing the situation with TBC dungeons. The quality bar for the visual design is MUCH higher. Let me remind you that BC, besides some of the best dungeons in the game, also had some of the most HEINOUSLY ugly dungeons such as the entire Serpenshrine Cavern area, and Tempest Keep.

They look like something from the N64. Now compare these with WoD dungeons. There may be fewer but they are far better. I would rather take 1 dungeon over 3 crappy ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    I'm very disappointed. It REALLY blows having to do the same few dungeons leveling up in MoP, I cannot even imagine how old those four dungeons are going to get when it has to cover 10 levels.
    and those 10 levels should take the same amount of time as MOP 85-90 took. it dosnt matter if its 5 or 10 levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They were IMPOSSIBLE to finish in LFD. People who only played with guildies have no idea of the PAIN they were

But yeah, 4 dungeons in 10 levels is just RETARDED. People saying "quest" probably forget this is a MMO, so it should fucking have some group content.
    They weren't impossible to finish. The only one that was really really hard was Grim Batol. The other were certainly pretty hard as well, but doable most of the time.

OT: We only had 4 dungeons while leveling up in MoP as well, quite honestly I think it's stupid, the game could use more 5-man dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    It had 15 at launch, I think Coilfang, Shadow Lab and Shattered Halls were max level so that would make it 12 if I remember correctly. Also heroics were the max level content, so it was normal to have most of the dungeons be available as non-heroics while leveling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmar View Post
    People should stop comparing the situation with TBC dungeons. The quality bar for the visual design is MUCH higher. Let me remind you that BC, besides some of the best dungeons in the game, also had some of the most HEINOUSLY ugly dungeons such as the entire Serpenshrine Cavern area, and Tempest Keep.

They look like something from the N64. Now compare these with WoD dungeons. There may be fewer but they are far better. I would rather take 1 dungeon over 3 crappy ones.
    Really? I actually liked the looks of the BC dungeons, aesthetically. They really fit the theme of the dungeon at hand. They've had seven or eight years to improve the quality of the doodads and such, so comparing the MOP dungeons to the BC dungeons in terms of looks (saying the BC are "N64") isn't really fair.

Now, shall we compare which ones were more "fun"? Which ones actually had you engage your brain instead of just lolroll through them? Looks aside, BC dungeons were more quality in terms of gameplay if you ask me. AND they managed to make more of them.

Sig by Isilrien

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post
    There's 5 though isn't there?

- Bloodmaul Slag Mines (90-92)
    - Iron Docks (92-94)
    - Auchindoun (94-97)
    - Skyreach (97-99)
    - Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (currently scaled up to 100 on the beta, but I believe is a 90-92)
    I believe Burial is meant to be the Alliance-themed alternative to Bloodmaul. Both are located in the starting zones, and both tie into the major threat in said zone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I believe Burial is meant to be the Alliance-themed alternative to Bloodmaul. Both are located in the starting zones, and both tie into the major threat in said zone.
    But we can still do both as each faction, right? Horde can do Stockades, even though we have no quests for it, and Alliance can do RFC.

Sig by Isilrien

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    But we can still do both as each faction, right? Horde can do Stockades, even though we have no quests for it, and Alliance can do RFC.
    Yeah we can do both. But it's not going to make as much sense to do the other side's.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    Cataclysm heroics weren't hard yet they nerfed them so many times and people complained how hard they were.
    Quest. It's even better and quicker for you to quest in MoP instead of doing dungeons. I'm sure it'll be the same way in WoD.
    Though hopefully they'll add more dungeons in WoD. MoP there are barely any dungeons. 6, so much fun :/
    6 really shitty/boring dungeons at that. MoP had some really good raids but some really really shitty dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah we can do both. But it's not going to make as much sense to do the other side's.
    *shrug* With so few dungeons, I don't care about sense as much; just gimme variety. Throw me into a dungeon with trogg mobs named "caster trogg" and "melee trogg" with a boss named "boss trogg". I'll take it, at this point.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's probably because you have never played at the start. They were really hard compared to other heroic dungeons and there were many wipes even with teams who knew what are they doing.

OT: I thought that questing is enough, we'll have plenty of time. If someone want group content, no problem, we'll have probably many group quests. :-)
    I played at the start of cata and while the heroics were hard, they weren't impossible to complete. I remember wiping alot on heroics but my first thought wasnt omg this is too hard nerf plz.