Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only reason I Think they are pushing it is because #1, people loved Wintergrasp. I don't know if people loved Tol Barad or not, but people still do it (presumably for the weekly quest). Frankly, it also just "Feels" like pvp to me. Going into an instance? That's not really in the spirit. But it feels more war-like and more pvp-like.

I doubt that's why they are pushing it, but it's a good reason IMO. Sitting in a safe city queing for instanced pvp is pretty lame, you have to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    ... How exactly is WPVP going to work well in WoD? ...

This happens every time you enter in PvP Combat.
    Your gear that is 660 Item Level increases to 690 Item Level in order to give you higher stats against PvE Geared Players.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

If you seriously believe removing flying mounts will HURT world PvP instead of improve it, then you have no idea what you are talking about, no offense. World PvP has always been chaotic and unforgiving, and people frequently got their butts kicked long enough for help to arrive. Make no mistake, I think this PvP island is going to be a disastrous failure, but not for the reasons you seem to think.

I think it's because it's their game... could be wrong.

I do not understand why Blizzard is pushing WPVP in WoD. WPVP only became an issue in MOP when they made PVP gear complete trash in open world content.
    Because WPVP is the shit and awesome, and blizzard is trying to restore DANGER back into this game. Pve nerds better prepare, its going to be a shit storm this expansion. Better put all your spells on your bars, you'll need em this time pve'ers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Blizzard pushing WPVP
    Because it's the most spontaneous player-driven fun you can have in the game.

Removing flying mounts will be a huge boost to player interaction, environmental interaction and the "danger" factor. It's the best decision Blizz have made about this coming xpac.

For those ignorant whining PvErs, here is some advice:
    Take your nappies off, leave the city, group with your friends and get your fight on.

The real question is why their solution for "super awesome world PvP fun" is a map that funnels 99% of the actual PvP on a short road between the two bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It's fascinating to witness the magnitude of some players inferiority complex. Isn't it enough that you can continuously reroll a new FOTM class, pay someone a handful of money for a boost and have a new decked out overpowered class in a few days, but now you also need your opponents to be incompetent target dummies to get you off.

There are no winners in world PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Because WPVP is the shit and awesome, and blizzard is trying to restore DANGER back into this game. Pve nerds better prepare, its going to be a shit storm this expansion. Better put all your spells on your bars, you'll need em this time pve'ers!

Yes would be/is fun when evenly matched people/peoples go at it had some epically fun battles in nagrad at halla(sp?).
    But pvper's ruined themselves by choosing to go for easy kills and ganks rather then world pvp.
    Which left bad taste in most peoples mouths so either they completely avoided it(like me at all cost) or jumped on the easy kill/ganking bandwagon.

P.s. Isn't their an option in WoD to never be flagged?
    So how will people be forced into it if they choose this option?

Why is Blizzard pushing WPVP?
    Because nobody cares about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    This happens every time you enter in PvP Combat.
    Your gear that is 660 Item Level increases to 690 Item Level in order to give you higher stats against PvE Geared Players.
    Hmm... PvP gear + healer of other faction autoattacking you = more primary/ratings = more PvE killing power?

Edit: removed image from quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Yes would be/is fun when evenly matched people/peoples go at it had some epically fun battles in nagrad at halla(sp?).
    But pvper's ruined themselves by choosing to go for easy kills and ganks rather then world pvp.
    Which left bad taste in most peoples mouths so either they completely avoided it(like me at all cost) or jumped on the easy kill/ganking bandwagon.

P.s. Isn't their an option in WoD to never be flagged?
    So how will people be forced into it if they choose this option?
    Only on PvE servers, not on PvP servers that used to be balanced but are now 99/1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I think it's because it's their game... could be wrong.
    Sillies reply ever, how does that explain why they chose to push WPvP? It only explains how/why they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Who's forcing players into Ashran (PvP)?
    Their placement of capitol hubs.

Seems as tho they feel Ashran won't get enough attention otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Because it's the most spontaneous player-driven fun you can have in the game.

Removing flying mounts will be a huge boost to player interaction, environmental interaction and the "danger" factor. It's the best decision Blizz have made about this coming xpac.

For those ignorant whining PvErs, here is some advice:
    Take your nappies off, leave the city, group with your friends and get your fight on.
    Lol. No amount of gear, friends, or skill is going to offset 90% one faction and 10% other.

I do not understand why Blizzard is pushing WPVP in WoD. WPVP only became an issue in MOP when they made PVP gear complete trash in open world content.

Wew... only the first line and I can safely say you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Wew... only the first line and I can safely say you don't know what you're talking about.
    Ummmm... Crickets....

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is a noisy minority always yelling for it that is the problem.
    As is often the case, the community is to blame rather than blizzard.

PvP out in the world lost all meaning when the community was finally given a choice, fun or rewards.
    They chose the latter in battlegrounds.
    This is inaccurate. On Emerald Dream US the Wpvp is almost endless. At any given point in time there are significant battles going on somewhere with both horde and the alliance having established guilds that will engage. This occurs though because players encourage it, not Blizzard. You have to have a well established community to pull this off which is why I think it works best on RP-PvP servers. We actually want to fight the horde and they us at every chance. If its Red its Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    This is inaccurate. On Emerald Dream US the Wpvp is almost endless. At any given point in time there are significant battles going on somewhere with both horde and the alliance having established guilds that will engage. This occurs though because players encourage it, not Blizzard. You have to have a well established community to pull this off which is why I think it works best on RP-PvP servers. We actually want to fight the horde and they us at every chance. If its Red its Dead.
    I have a level 90 on a rp-pvp server. It is tremendous fun. Good world pvp without too much ganking

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    The ones whining don't want this fair back and forth pvp they want easy kills and ganking.
    Should seen some the tatics used to get people flagged on pve realms on the timeless island so they could get bloody coins.
    They would go some sort of camo/invisible and hide on top of the rare bosses being killed hoping and aoe would flag someone or while looting they would click on them and get flagged then gank them.
    They don't want the fun/fair back and forth they are looking for easy kills

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    The ones whining don't want this fair back and forth pvp they want easy kills and ganking.
    Should seen some the tatics used to get people flagged on pve realms on the timeless island so they could get bloody coins.
    They would go some sort of camo/invisible and hide on top of the rare bosses being killed hoping and aoe would flag someone or while looting they would click on them and get flagged then gank them.
    They don't want the fun/fair back and forth they are looking for easy kills
    I have not mentioned rp-pvp servers in the past because I am fearful if people find out how much fun they are the servers will get ruined. Such a stellar community on emerald dream.