The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

PC Game Suggestions for Two Couples

I'm looking for games suggestions for two couples using the PC. We are burned out on WoW, or that would be the obvious choice. Genre doesn't really matter, but fun, engaging and advancement are important.

Really need some help here. Thanks!

There's a sticky at the top of the video game discussion forums. :-)
    Might find an answer there.

Borderlands and Borderlands 2
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I can just suggest what I'm looking at/playing/hyped for at the moment.

Warlords of Draenor (if your burn out feeling goes away)
    Archeage
    Heroes of the Storm (or League/DotA2, but they are quite different)
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Civilization: Beyond Earth (October release)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (November release - last I heard there was multiplayer, haven't looked recently though.)

And as said above, check the sticky. Might find something there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    Guess I can just suggest what I'm looking at/playing/hyped for at the moment.

Warlords of Draenor (if your burn out feeling goes away)
    Archeage
    Heroes of the Storm (or League/DotA2, but they are quite different)
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Civilization: Beyond Earth (October release)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (November release - last I heard there was multiplayer, haven't looked recently though.)

And as said above, check the sticky. Might find something there.
    Are any of these (aside from WoW) playable with four people at the same time in the same game?

What about Diablo III Reaper of Souls or Torchlight 2? Both are solid A-RPG's.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm looking for games suggestions for two couples using the PC. We are burned out on WoW, or that would be the obvious choice. Genre doesn't really matter, but fun, engaging and advancement are important.

Really need some help here. Thanks!
    Diablo 3, ladders coming out in the next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you'll be looking for Co-op games or team games.
    Which there has been a real resurgence on Co-Op games as of late.

If you're looking for a game where you both can play alone then I can't exactly help too much. (But there is a shit load of them. Just google Co-op games, and look at the steam-tags) But if you don't mind playing a game together, but also with other people, I can help.

If you both enjoy MOBA's at all, then, Dota 2, League Legends, and Smite are really good choices. Mind you that these games (discounting Smite) are rather hardcore and take +200 hours and a lot of research to play well. If you both get interested in playing Dota 2, I wouldn't mind teaching you both. ^_^.

If you like shooters, then Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a good choice, also as someone said earlier Borderlands is good but it's a mindless loot shooter, while CS is a smart shooter.

Terraria and Minecraft are pretty fun to play with someone, I prefer Terraria cause its like....10 dollars and every sale it goes for like 5 dollars or even 2.50.

I hope you two find something to play together. ^^.

Deleted
    Dark Souls.

Deleted
    Had a real blast playing Dungeon Defenders with some friends for a long while, lots of advancement going on here, leveling, upgrading, getting gear, upgrading gear.
    If diablo type games are on the table Path of Exile is a really great game with a ton of depth, but it´s pretty dense to get into with the daunting passive skill tree and all those systems.
    Alien Swarm "source", a free source engine port of a UT2k3 mod, which is 4 player where the original mod was 6 or 8 or something.. I liked the mod better, but it´s still fun and it´s free.
    Half Life 2 Coop via Synergy mod was pretty fun with 5 players.
    Dota 2 is pretty fun so Ill second that, but tbh you´ll have a 5th internetguy hating on you for a couple of months, takes a while to get into if you´re not familiar with the genre. (though you can spend some time in Bot matches to get into it).. and it´s entirely free aswell.
    Going to second Terraria aswell, spent a lot of time and had a lot of fun in that game.