Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Awesome as always Watching it made me shiver just like the WotLK Trailer did. Music was great too.

Deleted
    Really amazing cinematic but the Orcs are so dumb. They are still just pawns doing exactly as the legion wants just this time they decide not to "flask up" before the raid. 1% wipe inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Or maybe it doesnt matter because Garrosh is invading Azeroth without KJ pushing the Orcs toward it.
    I imagine it very well would matter, since KJ wasn't pushing the Orcs to invade Azeroth, but to humiliate, destroy and butcher every single Draenei on the planet. The fact that they're still around, and even worse, now more from an alternate timeline around...I can't see him letting that go.

Not to mention the fact that someone is simply ruining plans of the Burning Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, looking forward to it.

And yes, I know lorelol, but I am very curious how Garrosh ends and what Burning Legion will do.

Deleted
    Anyone realise this is the first expansion cinematic where they have on-screen character dialogue, not just narration.

I thought that was a nice little fact, but that's just me...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Isn't the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 in 2018? In the US we call it Veterans' Day and practically no one knows what its really about.
    This year for us is the 100th Anniversary of WW1 as it began in 1914, and since Australia still had and still does have close ties with England when they called for troops the government of the day sent them there.. With the most well known being the Gallipoli landings, the thing is that at least here in Australia everyone both young and old know all about it.. And why we all celebrate ANZAC Day and pay homage to the sacrifices our troops made in WW1 and WW2..

It wasn't till WW2 that Australia began to seek an alliance with the US, as it was a combination of Australian and American forces that stopped the Imperial Japanese Army from invading Australia..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It wasn't till WW2 that Australia began to seek an alliance with the US, as it was a combination of Australian and American forces that stopped the Imperial Japanese Army from invading Australia..
    Japan had no intention of invading Australia, and we could not have stopped them if that was their plan (remember Kokoda? That was a retreat). The Japanese ruling cabinet decided it was a stupid idea to try and conquer/occupy the vast emptiness that is Australia, and instead strove to cut us off from our allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Anyone realise this is the first expansion cinematic where they have on-screen character dialogue, not just narration.

I thought that was a nice little fact, but that's just me...

i kind of miss the narration. the voice - especially in wotlk - was really epic and a big reason why it's so good.

Deleted
    Oh, more orcs! Especially more Hellscreams! Couldn't wait to see more orcs, FINALLY! /sarcasm *rolls eyes*

One of the most powerful warlocks in the history was redesigned into a pussy into the cinematic, so climatic Q_Q

My main is horde (thankfully not an orc) but I feel sorry for Alliance - not a single character from their side.

Highly dissapointed.

Deleted
    - Boring Cinematic - looks pretty but so weak and so meaningless
    - release date.. omg.. after bleeding out 800k subs, i thought they will release it faster. now the new negative change has come - 1 month more added between release date and date announcement
    - world of horde? i remember the 1st cinematic, all races were seen. after focusing on horde in MoP, we will have an only horde game.
    - the more info i read the more i lose my interests in the coming addon

Extremely disappointing. I have sold all of the gold, after disenchanting and sell it in AH, also all pets that I collect gonna be sold. This was for me with WoW...

Deleted
    can pls someone spell what mannoroth say in the cinematic,because i lose some of the words with his deep growling voice. thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatitosaka View Post
    can pls someone spell what mannoroth say in the cinematic,because i lose some of the words with his deep growling voice. thanks
    "You would reject this gift?"
    And did you bring these mongrels here... just to watch you die?"

I thought Gul'dan was supposed to be bad-ass? The cinematic makes him look like a pussy.

I really liked the cinematic. And i'm going to love WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Really amazing cinematic but the Orcs are so dumb. They are still just pawns doing exactly as the legion wants just this time they decide not to "flask up" before the raid. 1% wipe inc.

I totally agree. They are dumb as hell.
    "Oh hell naw, I won't drink this blood here so you can order us around and use us to invade Azeroth! AMIRITE Guyz?! We are NOT slaves! Ok so now that we have that out of the way, let's invade Azeroth!" *orcs cheering*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melko22 View Post
    Hate to be the party pooper here but is it just me who thought the cinematic was a let down? I'm so sick of orcs, having 8 months of the worst end game content to date wasn't enough, now he have an entire expansion of killing some random orcs? I'm sorry but its boring, we've killed the Lich King, defeated old gods and overthrown dragon aspects (even if Dragon Soul wasn't the best and was out entirely too long Deathwing was still a damn sight more interesting of a bad guy then Garrosh ever was), I just can't bring myself to care about some orcs, and frankly I don't care if they're hot stuff in some weird lore way, they're just orcs at the end of the day.

The expansions have begun to lose a lot of their grandeur since MoP but mists was fun because of the excellent atmosphere and art direction and that truly carried it, the fact that it had no expansion villain worthy of the name was almost forgettable and forgivable at times, until of course we were given 10 months of Siege. To then be given an entire expansion of essentially everything that is wrong with Siege seems not only disappointing but frankly bad for business. I have been playing the game for around 8 years and I am by no means a lore buff, I have some interest in the back story if such story seems interesting, such as that of the Lich King but I have no interest in it beyond that. That being said, and the fact that I'm not a complete lore idiot simply due to the extensive amount of time I have spent playing, I honestly couldn't tell what was going on in the cinematic and why I should care, it took my much more lore versed friend to explain to me what was going on and why that was significant, after which unfortunately I still completely failed to care one bit. As a matter of fact the only person I even recognised was Gul'dan, whom I know nothing about and only recognised him from Hearthstone.

These cinematics are supposed to capture the essence of the expansion, to entice players to want to play, to really get people pumped up and think yea thats a game I want WITHOUT the need for extensive lore background (i.e. Wrath of the Lich King cinematic). If I a player of 8 years doesn't get what the cinematic is about nor grasp its significance how an earth is a casual or new player going to respond? Its all well and good that blizzard want to appeal to their lore buff fans but frankly a game which has lost over 500k subscribers every single quarter since the start of Cataclysm, an almost 50% drop in subscriptions since its WotLK days, appealing solely to the dedicated lore and and original warcraft enthusiasts and alienating anyone else just seems bad for the game as a whole as well as a bad business model.
    Nailed it hard.

EPIC CINEMATIC ! I also enjoy Lord of War

- - - Updated - - -

EPIC CINEMATIC ! Maybe better than Cata cinematic. I also enjoyed Lord of War

I prefer the Nicolas Cage version of Lord of War! Humans >orcs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    With this comment I'm certain some people are born to be thick. Out of all the things you called it short when it is the longest one ever.
    Edited it to include what was in my head but missed due to typing too fast. Hope that helps you out.

Feel bigger and better about yourself after insulting a stranger do you?
    Last edited by mmoc4ba93b9265; 2014-08-15 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for the expansion to come out but, the cinematic itself was really weak and for people not versed in the lore, it doesn't draw them in as much. I had to rewatch it a few times to finally understand everything going on in it. How do they expect to interest new customers with a story being presented smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Cata and MoP might've been complete blow out expansions but, their cinematics drew me in and made me excited for the new expansion and really got you pumped. This one? Not so much. Probably because I'm disappointed at the November release.