Poll: Favourite cinematic?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    For me, it's like:
    Woltk > WoD > Cata > Vanilla > MoP > TBC

Wotlk wins because it never fails to send chills over my spine. The atmospere is just so epic.
    WoD and Cata because of sheer awesomeness. Vanilla because of Nostalgie. MoP and especially TBC were just boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of how much I enjoyed them;
    Cata
    WotLK
    Classic
    TBC
    WoD
    MoP

In terms of how good they looked;
    WoD
    MoP
    Cata
    WotLK
    TBC
    Classic
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    1. WoD. Looks best, character dialogue, familiar everything and epic.
    2. MoP. Looks great, epic music, cool fight.
    3. WotLK. Arthas, narration, familiar everything.

rest is okay

The WoD one seems okay, but then when you read between the lines.

"Drink the demon blood, blah blah blah."

"Then what......................... Gul'Dan? ......................... Because all of the fans are idiots, and couldn't possibly be able to surmise on their own that I am talking to you, ...........Gul'Dan..............., ...............Gul'Dan................"

"Well anybody who has half a brain can figure out at this point by your inflection that you have been tipped off as to the sinister nature of this plan... So instead of maintaining plausible deniability I'm going to confirm what you've been told."

*IT TURNS OUT AFTERALL THAT MANNOROTH IS VULNERABLE TO GIMMICKY SEIGE WEAPONS* So Illidan didn't need to use demon magic to defeat him after all either, all he needed was an iron star some chains and an axe. Next Expansion: Warlords of Aszhara .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    *IT TURNS OUT AFTERALL THAT MANNOROTH IS VULNERABLE TO GIMMICKY SEIGE WEAPONS* So Illidan didn't need to use demon magic to defeat him after all either, all he needed was an iron star some chains and an axe. Next Expansion: Warlords of Aszhara .
    Mannoroth didn't kill the engineers with his green lazer beams, the scrub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst was cata, Mop was light hearted and made the horde and the alliance look like doofuses but was cool. Wod was amazingly animated, entertaining but lacked punch at the ending imo the other gave me chills because of music or what it was showing but didnt feel the same in WoD.

The best 3 imo are vanilla, wotlk and tbc, which gave us the most quotable cinematic ever, "You are not prepared"!!

Personally: Cata > WoD > WotLK > TBC > Vanilla > not counting mop as it was such a big letdown.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk for me, that soundtrack is beyond godlike.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    In terms of how good they looked;
    WoD
    MoP
    Cata
    WotLK
    TBC
    Classic
    That feels pretty obvious

Wrath of the Lich King captured a somber, ominous tone that the other trailers haven't really come close to.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    Weird how so many people vote wotlk.
    All he does is stick a sword in ice and a dragon comes out and flies away. The end.

I don't get how it's nr 1 x_X

Classic WoW cinematic is nr 1 for me, it shows a lot of what WoW is about generally, I just like seeing all the races and love the music and voice in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Warlords>Wrath>Cata>TBC>Vanilla>MoP

But I still think the Elder Scrolls Online cinematics are better than all of them, by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords > Wrath > Cata > TBC > Vanilla > MoP

Lich King is my favorite character in the series but I like Grom a lot as well, the thing that really got me and got anyone who likes Grom is when Garrosh dives and saves him from the explosion. It was one of those moment that was you watch you briefly in your head had that flashback of him dying and as you watch it happen again it changes at the last second. What they did there and how they did the music and Garrosh saying "Times change" just made me excited as hell.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wod!!! \o/ hallelujah

WoD. Don't see what there is to like about WOTLK one, honestly. Don't get me wrong, Arthas was my favorite Warcraft character but the cinematic was meh compared to WoD one imo.

WoD and WoTLK are tied for my two favorite cinematics.

MoP comes in at 3rd for comedy.

TBC - Illidan's famous line and Vindicator Maarad using the Libram equals awesome.

Vanilla

Cataclysm - Didn't feel it when I first saw it back then, still don't today.

WoD > WotLK > BC > Vanilla > Cata > MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Weird how so many people vote wotlk.
    All he does is stick a sword in ice and a dragon comes out and flies away. The end.

I don't get how it's nr 1 x_X

Classic WoW cinematic is nr 1 for me, it shows a lot of what WoW is about generally, I just like seeing all the races and love the music and voice in it.
    This post would be like saying:

"I don't see why Citizen Kane was so critically acclaimed it didn't have as many colours as Ninja Turtles 3. Ninja Turtles 3 had way more going on so it was way better."

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    This post would be like saying:

"I don't see why Citizen Kane was so critically acclaimed it didn't have as many colours as Ninja Turtles 3. Ninja Turtles 3 had way more going on so it was way better."
    But seriously it was. He stands in the snow, sticks sword in the ground, dragon comes out and flys over. It has the least of everything out of all the cinematics. I seriously don't understand it.

WoD has more lore, TBC had a better ending, Vanilla was more authentic warcraft, cata has more coolness (big ass dragon being created, flying over the world, pledging to destroy everything), tbc/wod had more action. It baffles me what people like about wotlk's intro.
    Last edited by IKT; 2014-08-15 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort