Poll: Do you still think Alliance will get the last laugh in WoD?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question So, has Metzen sold you on the idea that WoD will be "the Alliance's finest hour"?

I have a feeling Draenei will be nothing more than a bunch of quest givers in this expansion.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. This is an Orc, Horde, and Thrall fanservice expansion. The Draenei are tacked on so the Alliance can join the expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, was there another event that's more important or big than this that should have been showcased instead?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not at all. This is an Orc, Horde, and Thrall fanservice expansion. The Draenei are tacked on so the Alliance can join the expansion.
    The Draenei live on Draenor.... How can they be tacked onto something that shares their name?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bookmarking to necro thread at the end of WoD. The content patches better have Khadgar absolutely wrecking shop on a bunch of Warlords, or at least Varian. SOMETHING, ANYTHING.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Well, was there another event that's more important or big than this that should have been showcased instead?
    Nah, there isn't. But idiots will complain regardless.

I've been Alliance since WoW released and I've never felt like Alliance has been completely overlooked for an Expansion. I love Alliance lore.

I would say people that whinge and bitch about Horde bias have never actually looked into much if any of alliances lore and instead see a few orcs in "main roles" and go ballistic like 3 year olds throwing a tantrum.

15+ Year Old Account
    They also said the Alliance SOO cinematic was going to be an epic fist-pumping moment for the Alliance, if I recall correctly. All we got was Varian bleating empty threats like a schoolyard bully.

Sig by Isilrien

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The Draenei live on Draenor.... How can they be tacked onto something that shares their name?
    Because this isn't their expansion. It's about Thrall, Durotan, and Grommash.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It'll probably be Dalaran all over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    IIRC this is to be translated as something like Exile, because they fled there from those demons, and orcs were dumb enough to have no name for their world so they accepted that as the name for it.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    They also said the Alliance SOO cinematic was going to be an epic fist-pumping moment for the Alliance, if I recall correctly. All we got was Varian bleating empty threats like a schoolyard bully.
    It wasn't supposed to be cinematic, it was supposed to be fistpumping moment. And Varian wasn't a bully, he was a weakling crying 'Second strike!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Well, to be fair, he did stick his sword in the ground, too. And it made a pretty cool noise.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance leaders will drink the demon blood and invade Draenor.

Deleted
    Obviously Alliance will win this expansion, the final raid tier will be our finest hour! Let them filthy orcs have their fun now while we gather our armies. We will prevail, we will destroy them all and put a spacegoat on the dreanor throne!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Because this isn't their expansion. It's about Thrall, Durotan, and Grommash.
    Or Gul'dan and Khadgar.

Deleted
    I'm not a fanboy or something (still hate blizz so much because of capitals lol) but i have to agree that is a cool expansion for the alliance, i will be pretty happy to kill many manyyy orcs

Wouldn't like this expansion as a horde player, as an orc i would more likely want to join garrosh and his vater, especially after the cinematic. As for other races of horde it sounds pretty lame to me too.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be World of Orcraft: Orclords of Orcnor. Not a single Draenei (nor a single Alliance race/member) appears in either the cover art or the trailer. Any Draenei we do encounter appear to be no better than Alien Pandaren, with no obvious affiliations to the Alliance; so to say that any content involving them is somehow the 'Alliance' content is flat-out nonsense. I'm not impressed, to put it mildly.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2014-08-14 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    He sold me the idea that I would get to kick some Orc but. Nothing remotly tied to Horde or Alliance. Just asswhopping.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Or Gul'dan and Khadgar.
    Khadgar doesn't really count as Alliance in WoD; like that supposed Alliance race known as the Draenei, he's for all intents and purposes neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen is a clown.

Protip: Don't listen to the dev team, they only serve up what you want to hear at the time.