Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

"You know you're a sad elitist when.."

So I was in an LFR just now on my main, because I like to do those for pets sometimes. I get aggro on a Massive Anima Golem for whatever reason and I ask for the tank to tank it. I am then told to calm my shit it's only LFR. I quite literally only said "please tank".

Some curse words are then thrown around and eventually after I noted that I asked for them to tank it so I might do better dps (you know, to get this over with faster) the tank says "You know you're a sad elitist when you worry about ratings in LFR".

I don't know, I don't even, what? How is this even a thing? Has LFR literally evolved into a state where the group is literally BEGGING for you to go afk so you're not noticed as much and can silently collect loot while not showing up on any meters so to add to your stealthyness?

And because I know there will be some "hurrr not whole story" posts here, I'll list the offensive things I said. After a random guy's "shit up jinze" when I asked to tank I said "Shut up waste of space". The end, yes, that is the whole story, I have screenshots.

/Discuss

SCREENSHOT HERE PLEASE CLICK
    Last edited by mmoc0d22b7d23b; 2014-08-14 at 11:52 PM.

Only one rule for LFR: Hide your chat.

Not the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol i troll people like that tank. they often get so angry they leave or become quiet themself.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Not the whole story.
    I've run into people who don't function like normal human beings in LFR. Nothing the OP wrote is that far fetched.

Deleted
    Whenever something like this is posted I just know that the OP is the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do that at times on my warlock. Just pull the threat right off of the poor tanks I'm running with.
    I just let the healers know ahead of time I might need extra healing, and I'm good.
    As for pissy tanks, they'll be ok. They have a taunt for that. Or they can go afk. Doesn't really matter to me.
    I'm just there to throw chaos bolts at things from boredom.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Come one come all que right up for the feel good slot machine!

Deleted
    There you go nonbelievers, screenshot now included.

You know you are a sad elitist when you have to troll LFR by doing stupid shit to purposely cause grievance and wipes.

But it's ok, you're 14/14 Heroic, no one can tell you how to play.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Sorry you were slighted, possibly happened because other sad elitists crawl up the tanks ass about things in LFR more than your 'offending words', which were borderline at worst.
    Tanks take a lot of shit, from bosses, from trash, from raid leaders, from heals, from random asshats in LFR...
    Think about it, dps dies, no problem, encounter goes on no big deal.
    Heals dies, mmm COULD be a problem, might be okay.
    Tank dies, unless someone hustles off a brez, it's a wipe.

By very nature they have to eat a lot from people, sometimes, just sometimes mind you, they get a little touchy about it.
    If it happens to me...well I pop a threat reduction or duck through a gateway, but if I did need some help I'd maybe /i my bad please taunt off me
    Or something that lets them know you aren't being a caustic spaz like "please tank", which probably when we reread it, sounds like you are claiming they haven't been tanking at ALL this entire time.
    Sorta makes you sound like a dick, even though you and I both know you weren't being one.

Communication isn't some perfect science bro, it's an art.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I put LFR chat in a different window, and try my best not to go full retard on dps since I KNOW that my main outgears the tanks in LFR by far and that they're not always very experienced.

But yes, some people are horribly bad at the game so thus they pretend to be edgy and not CARE about performance...since they can't manage it.

I once got a whisper in Mogu'shan Vaults from a random saying "Lol you pissed them off ". I had no idea what he was talking about so went to the chat window...appearantly, I had joined LFR just to e-peen myself by topping meters...I didn't even bother responding. -_-
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-08-14 at 11:59 PM.

The degenerates are quickly and easily offended if anything other than complete silence is going on. They do not want to be called out (even politely), but they also want to make a miserable experience even more atrociously unbearable since things like 30k+ dps are crimes punishable by death in LFR.

Oh, I'll join in since I liked the thread title even if it was just what someone else called you.

You know you're a sad elitist when you actually sit through an LFR queue and expect anything other than mindless dribble.

Anyways, I'd rather be elitist than conform to lowering the bar and making a single LFR wing take longer than current content progression nights.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Not the whole story.
    I 100% believe this story. Its the reason I refuse to do LFR, or even bother getting on an alt that needs it. The word "elitist" is vastly overused and misused. If you make any sort of suggestions, you're instantly labeled as an "elitist" or a "try hard". Maybe not every time, but from my experiences a simple suggestion always led to name calling.

When I wanted a Holy set for my Paladin, I decided to tank it since that is what my gear was for. The healers are horrible and couldn't keep me or the other tank alive, even when we outgeared the content. I was told to stop being an "elitist" and pull a normal amount of mobs instead of all of them. I was pulling one pack at a time.

There are many other stories, some of me being kicked for suggesting someone do something (to stop us from wiping again).

There are "average" players in LFR, and then there are mouth-breathers. The favor seems to be in the latter, which is why some groups still wipe in there despite it being extremely trivial. Tanks taunting on CD and getting massive stacks so they die. Healers who don't use key abilities such as Healing Stream Totem or Healing Rain. DPS who still manage to pull 50k DPS at 520 item level.

But... if you offer up any suggestions to prevent the constant wipes, you're labeled as an elitist or an asshole.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2014-08-14 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    @Bigbamboozal: The reason I typed please tank was mostly because I was simply trying to type quickly to continue dpsing, otherwise it would probably lose me more damage than a taunt would gain. ^^; But you're right, being a tank isn't the easiest job especially in LFR, it's quite thankless.

But I can't imagine an experience like this would make new players stick to the game for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I 100% believe this story. etc...
    Exactly. There is no doing anything right in LFR. You get underperformers and berated for not being trash at the same time.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    You know you are a sad elitist when you have to troll LFR by doing stupid shit to purposely cause grievance and wipes.

But it's ok, you're 14/14 Heroic, no one can tell you how to play.
    I can not make sense out of this post, especially the bolded part, clearly my sarcasm dectector isn't working.

Also LFR Luls, I don't pug period if I can help it. ps: I am one of those elitists that will be a dick to anyone who acts superior when he/she is clearly shit due to the sole reason LFD made me hate pugs. Can't say anything without being a elitist because you have Pve gear, wut. I AM SCARRED.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2014-08-15 at 12:03 AM.

The tank might be in the wrong but you replied to him like a little bitch. I often see good geared players in LFR, unfortunately I've had to do it to farm the cloak for my hunter alt, I saw a Warlock yesterday doing 600k dps on some bosses in TOT LFR. How he expects an ilvl 490 tank with no gems/enchants and minimal experience to be able to hold agro on trash I don't know.

Not that it would matter in his case, a Warlock with that much gear can probably genuinely tank no issue. When I do LFR on my Warrior main (Arms) as I've done to boost a friend in the last few weeks (HOF/Mogu/ToT etc) I always pull agro on trash, every single trash pack I will pull agro because I'm basically an expansion pack ahead of them on numbers output... Such is the difference in gear across MOP.. I do ask them if they can taunt but I completely understand that it's not that unusual that I'm going to pull agro from them.. it doesn't matter because I can survive it anyway.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-08-15 at 01:18 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I never speak in LFR....ever. Probably the best course of action.

This is why I always afk in LFR. The people of LFR are truly the worse. LFR actually encourages this behavior believe it or not.