Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Vanilla Player View Post
    I am hearing very little about scenarios and I couldnt be more pleased.
    I think having Scenarios tell stories is all they should of ever been. Not a way to get gear or farm justice
    If they make Instances relevant again (Like in WoTLK), as something that is challenging but worth it because it gives GOOD gear, I will be very excited.
    I wish they had either made the Scenarios live up to their promises or - if they DO - make it more obvious. Anybody else remember how scenarios were going to have more interactive NPCs and problems that could be solved in multiple ways? I never really saw much of that. Again though, maybe I just missed it - often you enter a heroic scenario and everybody kinda looks at each other, goes "Yep we're badasses" and then it turns into my favorite scene from Predator, where they mow down a large swath of forest.

Using Scenarios for story telling is awesome though, I'm really glad they're continuing that.

This is like watching a train wreck. I for one am enjoying it immensely. Why? Because Blizzard needs this They need this train wreck to open their eyes. To help them return to what they were, Games made by Gamers for Gamers. Success has corrupted this company to its very core. Good ole boys club. When the employees with real talent get fed up with no recognition but Derpy Yesman gets the promotions. Talent jumped ship, this is what we get stuck with. A bunch of fucking no-names trying to steer this massive ship, yea I am looking right at you Celestalon, fucking QA no-name now in charge of shit way out of his league but I bet he is a huge yes man.

Watching this and laughing my ass off.

Why do you pay Blizzard for substandard entertainment. They do not care about you. Only about how stupid of a sheep you are so they can continue the fleecing.

Deleted
    An extra £1 a month isn't going to eat away at the savings or get me overdrawn, but the fact that blizzard have the nerve to increase the price at all is outrageous especially when...
    1) Their revenue has increased since wrath and is actually at an all time high
    2) They talk about current world currencies but i don't remember subscription prices going down during recessions
    3) Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced
    4) The price of expansions has increased
    5) So many free to play alternative mmos
    6) The time between expansions and raid content is increasing

Like i said the actual value increase isn't an issue its the fact that they have the cheek to increase the price but i bet that extra money wont be invested back into development. Absolute joke, just waiting for the day that some other company makes a half decent mmo so i can uninstall this game.

eavy Legion influence in the raid with Grom?! BLIZZARD YOU MESSED UP! The raid should be the final stand of the Iron Horde, or heck maybe not even- just an assault on their biggest stronghold. Unless the influence of the legion is simply taht as u fight the iron horde u also have to fight the legion as the legion is trying to also destroy you and the Iron Horde, with a couple or more legion bosses attacking the stronghold, but taht should be it. Grom wouldnt have allied himself with the Legion, that was the whole kickoff point for not only the expansion but the Iron Horde itself, which would destroy everything he had believed. It also cannot be taht he was somehow captured by the legion and corrupted no, cuz not only would it paint him as a complete pussy, its GROM, in the cinematic he said "we will never be slaves!" he would be captured alive hed go down fighting, or kill himself in an escape attempt becuz he wouldnt want to live enslaved. And yes while in WC3 he had been captured by humans, not only was this an older, more experienced, more patient AND MERCIFUL version of Grom(in the lord of the clans book his clansmen had captured a young human boy and wanted thrall to kill him as an initiation ritual, but Grom stopped them, telling them that they dont kill defenseless children, asked the boy if he would tell anyone about where they were, which he of course said no to, and told them to take him to a road and leave him UNHARMED, or he would slay whoever harmed him), but when he had been captured by the alliance so had the entirety of his clan, and while the clan could live on without him were he alone captured or killed, it could not if they were all captured and killed in a hair brained escape attempt by themselves, meaning he couldnt just attempt to escape and possibly die in the proccess, and instead had to wait. This Grom however does not know the patience and mercy that our Grom learned in the 20 years btwn the fall of the Old Horde and the rise of the new, he wouldnt allow himself to be captured. He would never ally himself with the legion since he knew it meant enslavement. The original Grom nvr knew they were enslaved by the legion, only learning it after he drank the blood of mannoroth a 2nd time to defeat Cenarius, after which Mannoroth told them it meant their enslavement. He never would have drinken once nor twice had he known. During those 20 years he realized that the bloodlust had controlled, even enslaved them to the urges, but never knew how far it went. This Grom learned b4 he drank, and would never allow himself to be the Legion's pawn. Blizzard better not make him a puppet of the Legion, and i hope he gets a redemption story and joins Vol'jin's Horde, so he may learn as our Grom did, as Garrosh failed to do.

Deleted
    Meh boring legion rehash bullshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    First rise in 10 years, and UK only. Considering the shocking state of the UK economy (ignore the politicians) its not hard to see why the price is being raised - the pound just isn't worth as much as it used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably does, yeah. That's another contributing factor, VAT was raised a few years ago (despite politicians saying it wouldn't be).
    In the EU, you pay VAT (think sales tax) in the member state where the business is located, not where the customer is located. If you pay online for a WoW subscription, then you pay the VAT in the country where Blizz EU is based (I thought it was France but somebody else mentioned Ireland).

Also, the Pound is at its highest value against the Dollar since mid-2008.

Deleted
    Having Grom as the raid boss is fine by me, ill probably enjoy it if he starts to side with the legion. however, i feel a missed opportunity has happened, i was really, really hoping for Gul'Dan.

we thought, Meat ball cthulu [GOD] in vanilla. Half emerged Kil Jaden [DEMON] in TBC. Arthas [UNDEAD] in wrath, Deathykins [DRAGON] in cata and garrosh [WARRIOR]. with guldan we'd have a caster boss, a super warlock, something we've not seen anything really of in terms of an end boss.

But this is simply my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conmanW View Post
    eavy Legion influence in the raid with Grom?! BLIZZARD YOU MESSED UP!
    Legion influence in the raid DOESN'T mean that Grom is influenced himself. Also pleas format your wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by conmanW View Post
    eavy Legion influence in the raid with Grom?! BLIZZARD YOU MESSED UP! The raid should be the final stand of the Iron Horde, or heck maybe not even- just an assault on their biggest stronghold. Unless the influence of the legion is simply taht as u fight the iron horde u also have to fight the legion as the legion is trying to also destroy you and the Iron Horde, with a couple or more legion bosses attacking the stronghold, but taht should be it. Grom wouldnt have allied himself with the Legion, that was the whole kickoff point for not only the expansion but the Iron Horde itself, which would destroy everything he had believed. It also cannot be taht he was somehow captured by the legion and corrupted no, cuz not only would it paint him as a complete pussy, its GROM, in the cinematic he said "we will never be slaves!" he would be captured alive hed go down fighting, or kill himself in an escape attempt becuz he wouldnt want to live enslaved. And yes while in WC3 he had been captured by humans, not only was this an older, more experienced, more patient AND MERCIFUL version of Grom(in the lord of the clans book his clansmen had captured a young human boy and wanted thrall to kill him as an initiation ritual, but Grom stopped them, telling them that they dont kill defenseless children, asked the boy if he would tell anyone about where they were, which he of course said no to, and told them to take him to a road and leave him UNHARMED, or he would slay whoever harmed him), but when he had been captured by the alliance so had the entirety of his clan, and while the clan could live on without him were he alone captured or killed, it could not if they were all captured and killed in a hair brained escape attempt by themselves, meaning he couldnt just attempt to escape and possibly die in the proccess, and instead had to wait. This Grom however does not know the patience and mercy that our Grom learned in the 20 years btwn the fall of the Old Horde and the rise of the new, he wouldnt allow himself to be captured. He would never ally himself with the legion since he knew it meant enslavement. The original Grom nvr knew they were enslaved by the legion, only learning it after he drank the blood of mannoroth a 2nd time to defeat Cenarius, after which Mannoroth told them it meant their enslavement. He never would have drinken once nor twice had he known. During those 20 years he realized that the bloodlust had controlled, even enslaved them to the urges, but never knew how far it went. This Grom learned b4 he drank, and would never allow himself to be the Legion's pawn. Blizzard better not make him a puppet of the Legion, and i hope he gets a redemption story and joins Vol'jin's Horde, so he may learn as our Grom did, as Garrosh failed to do.
    I'd rather avoid a redemption story even if it is a potential outcome. I'd honestly rather see his head on a pike next to the Dark Portal, along with a thousand other orcs and a sign in front that reads, "The orc expansions end here."

Guess the cash shop I mean blizzard store isn't making them enough STILL wonder how long till the US get's a price increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGanto View Post
    Having Grom as the raid boss is fine by me, ill probably enjoy it if he starts to side with the legion. however, i feel a missed opportunity has happened, i was really, really hoping for Gul'Dan.

we thought, Meat ball cthulu [GOD] in vanilla. Half emerged Kil Jaden [DEMON] in TBC. Arthas [UNDEAD] in wrath, Deathykins [DRAGON] in cata and garrosh [WARRIOR]. with guldan we'd have a caster boss, a super warlock, something we've not seen anything really of in terms of an end boss.

But this is simply my opinion.
    That would have been a really cool idea. I curse you though as you just made the reality that it's another Hellscream even lamer (a feat I thought was impossible!)

On another note, I'm seriously face-palming at the price-increase. I'm still amazed at how much content we got for Mists, and now going ahead they're asking for even more money (both for the xpac itself & now also for the sub) for the most lacklustre xpac yet. SMFH.

Kudos Blizzard, you just went full-retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibbles View Post
    In the EU, you pay VAT (think sales tax) in the member state where the business is located, not where the customer is located. If you pay online for a WoW subscription, then you pay the VAT in the country where Blizz EU is based (I thought it was France but somebody else mentioned Ireland).

Also, the Pound is at its highest value against the Dollar since mid-2008.
    Not necessarily true. I am not quite sure how a subscription transaction is regarded, so it could be the coutnry of the customer, but it's more likely to be Ireland (if that's were the european branch is registered)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGanto View Post
    Kel'thuzad and Kil'jaeden don't call as caster bosses? Also wouldn't C'thun be more of a caster than anything? Or is it a caster boss only when the boss NEVER meeles?

I wouldn't be happy as a tank about that. Dammned to take the adds...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemmy001 View Post
    An extra £1 a month isn't going to eat away at the savings or get me overdrawn, but the fact that blizzard have the nerve to increase the price at all is outrageous especially when...
    1) Their revenue has increased since wrath and is actually at an all time high
    2) They talk about current world currencies but i don't remember subscription prices going down during recessions
    3) Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced
    4) The price of expansions has increased
    5) So many free to play alternative mmos
    6) The time between expansions and raid content is increasing

Like i said the actual value increase isn't an issue its the fact that they have the cheek to increase the price but i bet that extra money wont be invested back into development. Absolute joke, just waiting for the day that some other company makes a half decent mmo so i can uninstall this game.
    of course it won't, this isn't going into development, its going into the pockets of their investors to make them still feel wow has purpose.

How often I've wanted to punch some of these devs in their smug, arrogant faces.
    #boycottchina

Make Kara a 10m queue-able raid that will take some effort on the part of those that are in the group. That's what would be awesome.

Doesn't have to be some sprawling, really poorly re-done version to fit 30ppl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Guess the cash shop I mean blizzard store isn't making them enough STILL wonder how long till the US get's a price increase.
    Nope, and they ran out of people to make cash shop items for, so instead of 'option' pay extra, its now 'mandatory' pay extra.
    #boycottchina

The price rise is such BS and greedy. The game is 10 years old , the business model is outdated; online games are F2P today, hell, they already use the base of the F2P model where you can buy pets and mounts for real money; that alone should be the business model for WoW after 10 years, not ~15$ per month + an online cosmetic shop. Add to that the 10$ increase to the next expansion (40$ vs 50$)...so much greed! I blame Activision for this crap, all the greed started since the fusion with them.

"Rather than armor dyes, the team has made multiple color variations of armor sets and provided different ways for players to earn them. A dye system might cause the team to lose a little bit too much control over the way the world looks. Players coming into the game shouldn't see everyone wearing crazy neon colors or something like that."

Soooo don't make fugly neon colors available as dyes? How hard is it to give us the palette they currently use for their gear sets?

Deleted
    13.11.2014 + 2,5 weeks = ~30.11. (new ID => 02./03.12.)

So raids will be open in December, and Mythic even mid December? Omfg.

Calling it now, we'll fight alongside or to save Grommash from the Legion.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 weeks was too short my ass...