Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm not going to lie, this news pissed me off. Why on earth do Blizzard think it's acceptable to do this after adding no new content to the game for 14 months when numerous other MMO's have avoided increasing the price for UK players? It's just blatant milking as has seemingly become the norm. They did this not long ago to the paid services which were already pretty overpriced.
    You paying the same as everyone else is milking you? Maybe get some effin' perspective? The real surprise is that prices have stayed the same for TEN YEARS despite inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    It's pretty shady when they failed to deliver fresh content for an entire year. Other MMO's have managed to provide fresh content and avoid raising the price of a monthly subscription. It's just greed and little else.

huh
    Well, no other MMO has (for me) delivered the same QUALITY of content that blizzard does. I think that's a pretty major difference. Also, in case you haven't noticed, WoD, despite some minor cuts (because really they are) is an incredibly exciting expansion from everything seen in beta so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by regelord View Post
    I don't think fighting for every single customer they can earn would make them gone. Now they don't care, they see it now that even without effort to release expansions faster they still have brainless followers to pay them.
    The f* brainless followers? I know this might seem totally insane to you, but most of us pay to play the game because we enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it and just have this asinine outlook on things maybe you should unsub and do something with your life to make you happy?

It's called adjusting for inflation. The increased price of expansion packs is in itself a manifestation of Blizzard's reluctance to touch the cost of their subscription. Apparently they feel people would notice that more. As far as I'm concerned they could've increase the subscription cost more gradually and not bump the cost of the expansion packs as much. Better cash flow for then, more even out-stream of money from my account for me. But, their marketing team seem to think that is a bad idea so, what do you do.

Deleted
    Lovely how they waited with the anouncemnt until everyone already had pre-purchased the expansion.

And it would not be Blizzard if they would not try to profit on everything they do, even on making more profits.

Now they promise you can continue to pay the old price for the next 2 years if you just do not quit. So they make you feel like loosing money if you quit before WoD.and even after it if you are disappointed again.

Congrats to Blizzard. Why waste your effort developing the game and fixing the situation, when you can just pull out one nefarious trick after another to keep making the player feed you more and more money like sheep.

If you consider yourself as being milked, it's up to you to stop it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    You have to pay in Euros.. a weak ass currency.. so your whole argument is a fail. You are still paying in Euro after a conversion from SEK. If SEK is weaker than the pound (which it is even after todays dip) then your still paying with a weak ass currency, converted into another weak ass currency
    If we'd beeen allowed to pay the 12.99euro value from 10 years ago in crowns we'd be paying less than you are. You do know that the british pound has lost like 20% of it's value versus the crown in the last 5 years, right? You've had a recent recovery of about 10% but that's unlikely to last considering your economy is in a shittier place than ours is at the moment and the last 3 months have already seen something of a slump in the value of your currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Lovely how they waited with the anouncemnt until everyone already had pre-purchased the expansion.

And it would not be Blizzard if they would not try to profit on everything they do, even on making more profits.

Now they promise you can continue to pay the old price for the next 2 years if you just do not quit. So they make you feel like loosing money if you quit before WoD.and even after it if you are disappointed again.

Congrats to Blizzard. Why waste your effort developing the game and fixing the situation, when you can just pull out one nefarious trick after another to keep making the player feed you more and more money like sheep.
    Oh the drama... Also, sheep do not feed us, we feed them.

People considering it to be worth the higher fee to stay subbed, will. It's actually free thinking if anything to choose what you want to support or not. Playing the victim? Now that's sheepish.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-08-16 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I think the US-EU price difference is rather a tax issue.
    Afaik americans do not pay VAT on these kind of items, we in europe do.
    No, the yanks just don't list VAT in the prices, they still pay it but never publish their prices with it included for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Any one of the big banks. Argos. Amazon. They bend over backwards if your complaint is perceived to be valid. Blizzard is also very responsive to complaints. Why would you think that they don't? Because they dismiss complaints without merit? And why should it be limited to companies with more than that amount of revenue? Complaining can work exquisitely well, particularly the more people that do it. I know being cynical is very hip but you'd be very wrong in thinking large companies don't care about complaints.
    Amazon doesn't bend over backwards - they pinch FBA stock or load all the blame on the seller even if it was their screw up. People who run via amazon FBA are allowing amazon to not only fully reimburse customers for any complaint, but also give them EXTRA above the order (which actually happens) without any contact made with the person who's money they're spending.

Nearly everytime amazon pays out of 'their' pocket, it is then charged off a seller, or taken from an FBA sellers stock and their stock is 'co-mingled' and replaced with trash.

Argos will be doing the same with ebay sellers next year.

Blizzard doesn't have a resource like that to tap into.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-08-16 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmidgit View Post
    Which is why they should update all of the subscription fees so it doesn't feel like Blizzard is just targeting the UK. Which is most likely why the other UK posters seem so annoyed is because blizzard was targeting one country/ countries. Or they could atleast update all of Europe.
    Update to what? We'd love to have the lower price the UK is paying but that's the price target blizzard set for their product. I have a hard time feeling sorry for you when you get "milked" by paying the same as everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?
    /thread

I wish I could gold the shit out of this.

inb4 Price raise for NA players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I don't see the need for Blizz to change it for us, change it for everyone, or don't change it at all =/
    If they changed the entire EUs pricing so it was as low as the UK's is you'd probably sit here whining too "because everyone gets a price decrease but not us".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    This is exactly why the static pay model doesn't work.
    It does seem to work actually. It's pretty far from fair though and really shafts the poorer parts of europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post

Nice name.

I wouldn't worry, they've made all the wrong choices so far, and the tale will be quite telling come the first quarter post launch. Lots of folks will have hung up their hats.

Pretty sure the sky is falling.

This is what should happen. When Europe gets itself into another war that is when Blizzard should increase the price; seems like the only time they give a shit about anything. They might actually raise up to arms without begging for American help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Because that is not how the world works. How much you are making is of no concern to the customer if you wish to trade internationally you should account and plan for fluctuating exchange rates the customer does not care that suddenly you are $1 out of pocket because you have failed to anticipate exchange rates.
    See that's where you're wrong. The world DOES work like that. Because the seller doesn't give two shits about selling his product to you at a loss, then he'll just not sell it. It's up to you as a customer buying an international product to acquire the financing that the buyer will accept. If you don't, then no product for you and that's fine too, but don't pretend like you have some magical right to a product that you're not willing to pay for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm gonna love it if more people quit over this. i love it when blizzard's decisions blow up in their smug fucking faces.
    You seem a little obsessed with them, maybe stop playing their games and get bit more of dat dere sunlight instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    people say its not much, but consider how going by the wow census, over one million players come from europe, of the 6 million players worldwide. Now just based on a hazarded guess but I'd say around half that comes from the uk, scotland and ireland, so around half a million sub fees a month with a £1 increase, thats an extra 500 thousand pounds roughly.
    What kind of crack are you on? You think half the EU playerbase is based on the brittish isles?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I'm sure they've always floated around in the £40.00 range.
    console game prices have floated between £35.99 and £50 wiht a few below and above that so yeh they have stayed the same

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Brittish logic: We pay less for sub in EU, get a price increase and still pay less than EU --> Complain

Dat logic brits... dat bloody logic
    stop generalising plz im brittish and i dont really care about the increase an extra £ wont affect me really, i wont be paying that extra £ as i plan to stay subd for the next 2 years anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitethe View Post
    1eur a month makes me sick to my stomach im so angry fuck blizzard, this is outrageous i just can't believe this is happening to me...

^this thread

Infracted.
    well you still pay lesser than EU and this change will come with WoD..not now

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    funny thing is £8.99 works out $14.99

£9.99 is $16.67

so i'd like to pay for my sub in dollars please blizzard.
    Lets bring math into this... just for the fun of it
    Minimum Wage US: 7,25$ per hour
    Minimum wage UK: 6,31£ = 10.54$ Per hour

US 1 Month Subscription, 14,99$ = 2,06 Work hours
    UK 1 Month Subscription, 9,99£ = 1,58 Work hours.

/thread
    Last edited by Crainial; 2014-08-16 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we still have blizz fanboys who will never see blizzard do anything wrong, even if the current CEO of activision blizzard David KoDICK (typed wrong on purpose) said he see games as money, profit and nothing else

If they want to increase sub then you should get EVERYTHING in game free, not mounts for money, pets for money, helmet for money, xp boost for money, transfer for money and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    So...
    US pays 15$
    UK will pay 16,68$
    Europe pays 17,40$

Stop whining!
    And Russia pays 9.94$
    Why don't people whine about that? We still play on EU realms but pay almost 40% less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    And Russia pays 9.94$
    Why don't people whine about that? We still play on EU realms but pay almost 40% less.
    2 reasons.

1. Most europeans don't give two shits about russians unless they start spamming in cyrillic text on their server.
    2. You guys make less than a third of what we make in a month. It's still a bigger relative expense for you.