Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

And the milking of EU continues

"The new price for recurring subscriptions will be £9.99 for 30 days, £28.17 for 90 days, and £52.14 for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be £20.99."

No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU

Woah what the fuck?

14 months no content, a more expensive expansion pack release, and now they're increasing the price of subs.

What the hell is going on?

funny thing is £8.99 works out $14.99

£9.99 is $16.67

so i'd like to pay for my sub in dollars please blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    UK?? UK only really.. What a joke.

Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fucking disgusting tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Well hang on isn't there that thing where you just buy it at us.battle.net and then gift it to your EU accounts?

I know lots of friends got themselves "free" upgrade to deluxe edition WoD or something recent at least, simply by paying in dollars and gifting it to themselves. The price of DE in dollars = price of normal version in ££.

Silly Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU
    the price change does not take effect until WoD releases, meaning.. you will have new content to go along with the new price. what happens between now and then, during the "no content" time you speak of, is absolutely no change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously you will call me a Blizzard apologist, so I would happily change my attitude if you give me another solution what to do.....
    Increase the price for ALL of their customers evenly maybe? I mean just off the top of my head.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    £2.50 a week is a single pint of beer, hardly what I would call price gouging.

10+ Year Old Account
    UK only, because their currency is continually dropping in value, slightly faster then the rest of the world's currency value. /nod
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So after 10 years of no increase, UK players are asked to pay 10% more. Tell me..how have the prices for rent, gas, food, water developed in the last 10 years?

You can easily avoid "being milked" especially since you very cleverly noticed "No content for 14 months" - but you need to figure that out yourself.

Obviously you will call me a Blizzard apologist, so I would happily change my attitude if you give me another solution what to do.....

- - - Updated - - -

I expect the rest of the EU to follow.

Honestly, since I pay 6-monthly, I am already getting a deduction, compared to people who only buy time cards. Bring on a life-long sub for a fixed price.
    You ARE a Blizzard apologist though, I don't think i've ever seen you even so much as question a single Blizzard decision. It's a very unhealthy mental position to have.

How about increasing everybody evenly?

You say this "quit or deal with it" stuff, but clearly more and more people ARE quitting and it's sad that people who enjoy the game are being asked time and time again "eat this shit sandwich or fuck off and quit".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    UK only, because their currency is continually dropping in value, slightly faster then the rest of the world's currency value. /nod
    That's not true, the pound is stronger against the dollar and Euro than it was a couple years back

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Increase the price for ALL of their customers evenly maybe? I mean just off the top of my head.
    indeed, why isn't the US sub going up to $16.67, thats what £9.99 gets you.

That's still less than rest of the Europe pays :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    It hasn't changed for 10 years. Why now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Deleted
    The timing deserves a big facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebslack View Post
    It hasn't changed for 10 years. Why now?
    About time then.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    If it is bringing it in line with the rest of Europe because they predicted the currencies would balance it out for them then I guess its fair enough. They should probably be more transparent about it if it is

EDIT: Saw it on front page

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the price change does not take effect until WoD releases, meaning.. you will have new content to go along with the new price. what happens between now and then, during the "no content" time you speak of, is absolutely no change.
    Ah that's my bad for overreacting since I didn't read into it, if they have the content to go with it then I have no problem. Increasing for now with no content would be disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ah that's my bad for overreacting since I didn't read into it, if they have the content to go with it then I have no problem. Increasing for now with no content would be disgraceful.
    Also:

"As a thank you for current World of Warcraft subscribers, we guarantee that players with recurring (auto-renewing) subscriptions at the time of the price change will retain their current price for two years, as long as they remain in the same recurring subscription without interruption. This applies to anyone who is already in, or signs up for, a recurring subscription prior to the price change, which is scheduled to take place at the Warlords of Draenor release. We will reach out to relevant players approximately two months prior to the price change with a reminder."

That suits me I guess. By the end of 2016 who knows if I'll still want to play; in the mean time it will be the same price