So...
    US pays 15$
    UK will pay 16,68$
    Europe pays 17,40$

Stop whining!
    This/10char

Deleted
    I have no problem with that

Quit and play archeage. The community there is really nice too, makes wows look like complete shit. It's like how it was back in vanilla, before all the ass-munching morons all joined the game because it was popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I really don't know what you're crying about, the rest of europe currently pays 65,94€ for a 6-month subscription. This equals to 52,90GBP (as of today).
    So even after the change you are still paying less than in €.
    Heres a radical Idea , lower the European price to match the UK

If I were a Brit I'd say fuck 'em and unsub without a second thought. There's a million other games I can be playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Stupid people like yourself, totally agree
    you really do enjoy brit bashing dont you, i did wonder why you were banned.

as a brit, i have no problem paying an extra £1 per month, its not like its going to break the bank.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2014-08-16 at 04:48 AM.

Surprised it has taken them this long to up the price for the subscription.
    They should have done it when they increased the paid services and all that's left it probably the increase in prices in the shop for all the pets, mounts and transmog pieces.

As much as i have enjoyed reading this Brit vs eu collective bashing "nice change from the general merica bashing", i kinda have to side with the Brits here. All these others can say what they want but if they announced a 1 dollar increase for NA there would be a literal shit storm, and they would lose subs. I dont care if its only a fucking dollar there already double dipping us with subs and buying xpacs. The greedy pigs dont deserve anymore money.

well they nearly lost 1m subscribers, they have to make up for it so they will increase subscription price. we can expect a store mount very soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    well they nearly lost 1m subscribers, they have to make up for it so they will increase subscription price. we can expect a store mount very soon as well.
    They are in absolutely 0 trouble financially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matchitehew View Post
    As much as i have enjoyed reading this Brit vs eu collective bashing "nice change from the general merica bashing", i kinda have to side with the Brits here. All these others can say what they want but if they announced a 1 dollar increase for NA there would be a literal shit storm, and they would lose subs. I dont care if its only a fucking dollar there already double dipping us with subs and buying xpacs. The greedy pigs dont deserve anymore money.
    I've paid my EUR 12.99 since I started 10 years ago. Having a steady price unaffected by inflation over 10 years isn't a bad thing.
    Of course USD-EUR values haven't been static at all - http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=EUR&view=10Y
    It has fluctuated between 1 EUR = 0.62 - 0.85 USD, so while today my EUR 12.99 makes Blizzard a whooping $17.4, in 2005 it only made them ~$15.

The GBP however has had pretty steady value since 2009 when it crashed:
    http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=USD&view=10Y - and I'm assuming Blizzard wants to bring it closer to current EU pricing, since general income in UK is comparable to rest of the Europe - right now UK has been getting their WoW dirt cheap - and even after this "price hike" - it's still chaper than rest of the EU.

So I'd say I agree with the title - EU is getting milked. However UK is not.

And 'mericans can just STFU about this - your WoW has always been much cheaper than rest of the market - and unchanged through your inflation. Painting Blizzard as greedy pigs is... well I don't know - a bit harsh maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    Heres a radical Idea , lower the European price to match the UK
    Yeah but then the same UK ones that cry now that the price is increased will cry even more that EU prices are lowered but not the UK ones.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So after 10 years of no increase, UK players are asked to pay 10% more. Tell me..how have the prices for rent, gas, food, water developed in the last 10 years?
    This ridiculous argument needs to stop being brought up. Technology has not gotten more expensive in the last 10 years, it's gotten cheaper. World of warcraft was designed with the intention of supporting itself at 500k subs, they have millions. There is absolutely no justification for a price increase beyond increasing profit margins, this is not a reasonable result of inflation.

Don't white knight anti-consumer corporate behavior, it is in no way beneficial to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    World of warcraft was designed with the intention of supporting itself at 500k subs, they have millions. There is absolutely no justification for a price increase beyond increasing profit margins, this is not a reasonable result of inflation.
    As a EU player, I've always found it incredibly unfair that we have one area of europe, playing on the same servers, that gets much cheaper monthly sub.
    UK income levels are compareable to rest of the Europe - why the hell do they get cheap monthly sub?

I see this price alignment as a good thing - even with £1 raise, the UK sub is still cheaper than rest of EU. Maybe they should look into dropping the sub price in rest of the EU with €1 to bring us even.

Why do ppl keep bringing in the US 14,99 arguement, do ppl not know that in US they are allowed to advertise prices to consumers Ex. VAT. While as fas as i know consumer prices in EU have to be advertised Inc. VAT by Law, only Business to Business can advertise Ex. Vat. in EU as far as i know. The few US players i know all pay $16,xx (differs per state, as VAT is statewide there, not country wide).

Which is alot closer to the new 9.99 UK price point and the 12,99 EU pricepoint. The 8.99 price point in UK just had become pretty cheap compared to other West european and even most US prices Inc. VAT. I dont see it as weird at all that they bring the pricepoints more in range of eachother, and even then UK can still enjoy a discount for the next 2 years if they commit to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    As a EU player, I've always found it incredibly unfair that we have one area of europe, playing on the same servers, that gets much cheaper monthly sub.
    UK income levels are compareable to rest of the Europe - why the hell do they get cheap monthly sub?

I see this price alignment as a good thing - even with £1 raise, the UK sub is still cheaper than rest of EU. Maybe they should look into dropping the sub price in rest of the EU with €1 to bring us even.
    Seriously? As a consumer paying a billion dollar company more money should never be a good thing. This thread is amazing. They raise the price just because and people defend it. What sort of consumers are you people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Seriously? As a consumer paying a billion dollar company more money should never be a good thing. This thread is amazing. They raise the price just because and people defend it. What sort of consumers are you people?
    Bleh, that "billion dollar company" argument again.
    I don't really care how much money Blizzard makes as long as they don't exploit their market position.
    I enjoy their products and services - I have the disposable income needed.

What pisses me off though, is that people who live in the same region and have similar disposable income level get the exact same service much cheaper.
    That's not fair consumer practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Bleh, that "billion dollar company" argument again.
    I don't really care how much money Blizzard makes as long as they don't exploit their market position.
    That ship sailed a long, long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    That ship sailed a long, long time ago.
    Yeah? Link me the lawsuit please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Totally this...

You brits still pay lower than rest of whole eu, why are you so mad at this price increase that REST OF WHOLE EU already is paying?! :S
    You make me exhausted in my brain...
    Why is it some can call us 'Brits' and 'Britland' yet anything against US gets immediately infracted?

On topic, this is just another reason to not resub for me.
    Last edited by mmoc5e3a361b6a; 2014-08-16 at 09:37 AM.