Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Which would you rather do?

PvP in PvE armor, or PvE in PvP armor? Go!
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    PvP in PvE armor, or PvE in PvP armor? Go!
    Definitely PvP in PvE armor.

The game is and always has been centered around PvE. PvP, as important as it is to some, is merely a mini-game in WoW (And that's not to be-little it in any way. It takes an extreme amount of skill/talent at its highest levels).

From the start all you had was PvE armor to do PvP in. When that's all everyone had it made sense and worked (albeit it was unforgiving to new comers). With the advent of Resilience and PvP Armor, things really went their separate ways.

I'm not particularly fond of iLvL caps in Battlegrounds but it is what it is. My only wish is that they separated talents and skills from the beginning; Having 9 years or so of balancing would make one think they might have PvP (and ultimately our skill/utility sets) in a better place than it currently is. Just my .2 cents

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP in PvE armor because I'm less worried about doing well in this case. I still value other people's time enough not to enter BGs with my raiding gear on though, what little PvP I do is World PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp in pve gear, pveing in pvp gear would get you murdered by both the mobs and the raid >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't PvP gear no longer take the PvP stats out of item budget? Wouldn't that basically make it function identical to same-ilvl pve gear in pve?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    PvE in PvE gear.

PVP in PVE gear. That's been the lion's share of my PVP anyways.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Doesn't PvP gear no longer take the PvP stats out of item budget? Wouldn't that basically make it function identical to same-ilvl pve gear in pve?
    Well technically yes, but you can get better PvE gear than even the best glorious conquest equipment available. Even if I had a full set of the shiniest CP gear in the market, I'd still not use it over my heroic raiding stuff. Since I much prefer raiding to PvPing I focus all my efforts into PvE gear, but if I were to do both I suppose it makes sense to go for CP gear first.

Deleted
    PVE in PVP gear since Prideful is close to equal to flex gear in terms of performance. PVP in PVE gear will only result in your getting instagibbed and shat on. No fun in that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Correct. PvP stats don't weigh in on ilvl anymore, so pvp gear is basically equal to pve gear of the same ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well technically yes, but you can get better PvE gear than even the best glorious conquest equipment available. Even if I had a full set of the shiniest CP gear in the market, I'd still not use it over my heroic raiding stuff. Since I much prefer raiding to PvPing I focus all my efforts into PvE gear, but if I were to do both I suppose it makes sense to go for CP gear first.
    We're not talking about what performs better against it's intended counterpart, but what's more doable. PvP in PvE gear gets you destroyed, while PvE in PvP gear is very much doable, since pvp stats don't cost ilvl anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Correct. PvP stats don't weigh in on ilvl anymore, so pvp gear is basically equal to pve gear of the same ilvl.
    Trinkets are an exception, they're still useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely PvE in PvP armor.