10+ Year Old Account

Alternate Azeroth??

Ok, the general story of WoD is that Garrosh go's into an alternate timeline of the past Draenor, so they never invade that version of Azeroth but instead come to ours.

What do you think would be happening on the Alternate Azeroth if the orcs never invaded?

I'm insanely curious.....
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been said, best said by Nobbel, that if the horde never invaded Azeroth, the planet would be doomed, between the Legion, Old Gods, civil wars, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think they could delve into it in like Caverns of Time?
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that would be awesome. But, I have another theory (I've seen it posted a few times on MMO Champ here).

Wrathion in MoP discusses that if we want to defeat the Legion, the alliance and horde needs to unite in one and that we are nothing without each other. Kairoz (the one who frees Garrosh and sends him back to Draenor) is working WITH Wrathion. Wrathion might show the heroes that Azeroth on this alternate timeline is doomed because the horde never invaded, thus convincing our alliance and horde to work together against the Legion.

There are several times in Azeroths history where the world would could only be saved by the alliance and horde working together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I think that would be awesome. But, I have another theory (I've seen it posted a few times on MMO Champ here).

Wrathion in MoP discusses that if we want to defeat the Legion, the alliance and horde needs to unite in one and that we are nothing without each other. Kairoz (the one who frees Garrosh and sends him back to Draenor) is working WITH Wrathion. Wrathion might show the heroes that Azeroth on this alternate timeline is doomed because the horde never invaded, thus convincing our alliance and horde to work together against the Legion.
    That seems AWFULLY convoluted, the horde and alliance have worked together on multiple occasions before when faced with a greater threat. The only barrier to that happening again was Garrosh and with him removed from the equation and reasonable people back in charge of both factions there is no reason such a dramatic display would be necessary to convince them. Why would Wrathion have both sides fight a pointless war and waste lives / resources that they will need when the legion comes to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven... he could just sit down both sides and be like "yo, remember when you guys had to band together to defeat the legion... yeah get ready to do that again." and Tyrande would be all like "i'll get the wisps."
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account

That is an interesting theory...

I think that being past Draenor conected to modern day Azeroth a lot o things just won't happen on the alternate Azeroth.
    - The orcs are still in Draenor, and not in Azeroth, which means that horde will never exist.
    - Kadaghar will never destroy past Draenor;
    - Ner'Zull won't be able to turn into the LK, which means that Arthas will never be corrupted, and the scourge won't even exist.

There are a lot more diferent things, but the alternate Azeroth events will be a mistery, that i really hope not see just because this stuff of alternate timeline already looks weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion wanted the Alliance to conquer the Horde in MoP, uniting all of Azeroth into a single force under a single leader. It bothers him that Varian had the chance to subdue the Horde and elected not to do so in the spirit of bringing the bloodshed to a close.

Wrathion also initially was supporting Hellscream until Garrosh started breaking the Horde apart and turning them against one-another, and then switched to supporting Varian.

Wrathion's ultimate goal seems to be putting together a force ruthless enough to protect Azeroth from anything. That's why he's dispatched Garrosh to raise the Iron Horde and bring them to Azeroth - the Iron Horde will become the perfect defenders for Azeroth, ruthless conquerors that unite the world under their heel and will fight against the Burning Legion (and win - they already took out the Legion's top general).

My theory on Azeroth B... A future expansion, the next legion expansion, will have the legion invading with their new army of fel humans from Azeroth B.

The other Azeroths only fate is destruction by Deathwing. Thrall was required for the Aspects to bring down Deathwing. They needed the powers of all 5 aspects and no one else could have become the new Earth-Warder.

People go on and on that the legion would end Azeroth. Not true. The first invasion was stopped when Malfurion sought out Cenarius and the Aspects. After that failed, Sargeras returned to Azeroth in Northrend. Here his avatar and forces were stopped by Aegwynn and the dragons.

The second invasion was only possible because of the orcs. Kil'jaeden decided they need pawns to attack first to weaken Azeroths forces(remember, the alliance hadn't formed yet, but ppl think Azeroth had no defense without the alliance formed). The orcs ultimately failed in taking control of Azeroth. But Kil'jaeden came up with a new plan, by capturing Ner'zhul and turning him into the Lich King he was able to mass a force of undead to lay siege to Azeroth. Which worked very well. Without the demons in control of the orcs how ever this will not come to pass. No Lich King, no scourge. So Lordaeron will never fall.

But as we see in the trailer the orcs had already been chosen by Kil'jaeden, and prevented. Now it is possible that with Medivhs birth Sargeras could still locate another force in time and use Medivh to bring them to Azeroth like the orcs would have been. but that is unlikely.

Now, with no orc invasion and no scourge the other outcome would be a civil war. Lets face it, the humans would win that. They had seven kingdoms at hand, with a large army.

With the full force of the humans still intact since the orcs never invaded, and there is no scourge. Nothing would have been able to try and take over Azeroth until.

Deathwing. Deathwing was first beaten in Warcraft 2. Then after some events he fled to Deepholm and gathered strength. The sundering still would happen and Deathwing with his new power would emerge. But at this point nothing on Azeroth would be able to stop him. Thrall was required to re-empower the demon soul to use it to defeat Deathwing. Without that power, without Thrall. There is no stopping Deathwing and he will destroy Azeroth. All the events that took place with Deathwing did not require the horde to be there.

The only change is that the Dragonmaw clan wouldn't have been around to be used by Deathwing to bring his flight back to strength. This change however would also have not allowed Rhonin to locate the Dragon Soul and use it to return the power the other Aspects gave it. Theoretically this wouldn't have allowed them to injure Deathwing the way they did to cause him to retreat to deepholm. So his power would have grown regardless. also without this event, Deathwing would still have been in disguise as Lord Prestor and controlling the alliance. Even though Kraus did discover who he was regardless, it may still have come about and Deathwing may have still retreated to Deepholm.

The only force that couldn't have been stopped without the horde is Deathwing.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2014-08-15 at 05:07 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Given the number of things that have happened with the horde's influence, trying to draw a picture of the alternate Azeroth is rather like trying to determine what our world would look like if Germany had completely ceased to exist before the second world war. That is to say, it's impossible. There were so many major changes to the political landscape, to technology, and to the lives of people everywhere in the world, that you simply can't predict all the possible differences that would occur.

Then also, remember that without a portal to alternate Azeroth it's going to be just another star in the sky as far as we are concerned on Draenor. It really doesn't matter what happens there. Imagine if our alternate Earth as depicted above were to exist in another galaxy? It really wouldn't matter, because we have no way to interact with them, and they have no way to interact with us, if we even still have anything in common with that world.

Deleted

Never Consider Wrathion was just showing us what could happen. Just sort of assumed he wanted the Iron Horde as a hammer to smash the Legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    My theory on Azeroth B... A future expansion, the next legion expansion, will have the legion invading with their new army of fel humans from Azeroth B.
    World of Warcraft: Kings of Azeroth!

Deleted
    Pretty much this:

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can all agree that this is all Thrall's fault.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be dead and gone long ago without an equal force opposed to the alliance around to help out against vanilla/WLK/Cata bosses and enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

And there we have it.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

After the cinematic, I would like to think Kil'jaeden was saying "oh yeah?" and had some other Pit Lord show up on Azeroth and start feeding blood to malcontent humans (early Defias? Bloodsail?) with the eventual goal of going after the Draenei from the Azeroth side, basically full inversion of MU lore. Fel Humans, yo.