Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they might have some news about the x-pac after wod, and i believe they might spoill it next Blizzcon, just because they hinted in recent interviews that they are already working in it, and that they want to ship content faster then ever, which means that we might see 3 patches for WoD, at an average of 3/4months each, at that rate they would deliver next x-pack a year after WoD. That means that next Blizzcon is the best place to present it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeknightX View Post
    So now that we know the official release date of WoD....the Thursday after Blizzcon 2014 ends, some questions do rise for me.

Blizzcon is mainly to showcase their products and what can we expect from them....but somehow it seems this is going to be a drought-y one?

Lets break it down quickly for their franchisees...

-Warcraft

There are limited to almost zero options here, unless they pull something like....oh we are releasing a remastered HD version of WC1, 2 and 3 for the anniversary....its gonna end up most likely just a release party for the new expansion, no new info will be revealed or spoiled beyond 6.0 period.
    They'll announce the next xpack the one after the WoD.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    Because of the pruning, core rotations are now only a couple of buttons. And if the console users start in WoD, then you don't start in a 10 year old game. Characters are updated and so is the world.

PC gaming as we know it, is dying. Console and tablets are the future. Blizzard realises this, as proven by Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and the Diablo III port.
    Your comments are full of nonsense. New character models don't make a game next gen. It stays a 10 year old game and it feels like one, with or without the shiny new models. Also, PC gaming isn't dying. Tablet gaming is also non existent. Maybe it will go up in about a year or 10, but atm tablets are only good for games like Hearthstone. Also, what exactly is Blizzard probing with Heroes of the Storm? Heroes of the Storm is PC only and will be only for PC. Or are you also suggesting that one will be brought to consoles. Dream on kid. Not-going-to-happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    They'll announce the next xpack the one after the WoD.
    Ofcourse they won't. Do you really think they are taking all the attention away from WoD to a new expansion, a few days before the expansion launches. If they are really going to make an expansion launch every year (which I highly doubt) I don't know when they are going to announce it, but I sure as hell know they won't announce it a few days before the expansion before is even launched yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah forgot about the movie...though most of my thinking were about the games

As for the folks thinking about 6.1/6.2/next expansion....that's a bit farfetched imo, if the game was to launch BEFORE blizzcon then it would have been a possibility, we get to try the game, play it and go through the story to reveal whats coming next, but being AFTER blizzcon directly, PR-wise and in general that would just mess things up, there is never a clear patch cycle, things change whether being added or pushed back or scrapped.....and frankly looking through the community and the "promise" issues....you don't need anymore headaches while spilling future plans of yet to be played experience....and in blizzcon....again.....on an anniversary....making it a sinking ship ><....just not smart enough if they do that honestly.

Hasn't there been rumors on new IP acquired or revived from earlier this year? iirc an old console game, and a mention of something during 1st Q investors call....got to search around a bit....
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

-HoTS

That's the most promising one of them all, expanding on info, possible switch from alpha to beta whether closed or open, new heroes and improvements, release date/structure...etc.

-Hearthstone

Again could arguably get new info on an expansion or improvements/features to the game.
    I agree that we might see a switch from Alpha, or at least away from such a tight Technical Alpha, we'll see. I think Hearthstone might be the big winner here. Brode said in a podcast that there will definitely be a huge release. They're working on adding "substantially more cards" than were added in Naxx. This could be a major highlight of the show.

A Death Knight class for Hearthstone probably?

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Deleted
    -Starcraft

Now that IP do have something to be talked abut, the 3rd installment for SC2, previewing it and any possible enchantments to it.
    They fucking better announce it or else...grrr.

Compared to he previous Blizzcon...it seems lackluster this time around or am I missing something?
    Warcraft Movie?...

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2014-08-17 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna say the big one will be the movie. We'll finally see a new trailer or the one they showed at Comic Con. Big QnA with the director and actors. They have no reason to hype up the movie next year because the movie will only be 4 months away in theaters.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

There will almost certainly be a new IP announced in this year's BlizzCon

So now that we know the official release date of WoD....the Thursday after Blizzcon 2014 ends, some questions do rise for me.

Blizzcon is mainly to showcase their products and what can we expect from them....but somehow it seems this is going to be a drought-y one?

*snip*

Compared to he previous Blizzcon...it seems lackluster this time around or am I missing something?
    Warcraft
    -They already hinted at remastered versions of the warcraft RTS games, it's not that unlikely
    -Warcraft movie
    -Unlikely but possible, a new RTS(its about goddamn time)
    -Doubt they will go a blizzcon without WoW talk

Starcraft, can't really comment as I've got like 1 hour played total.

Diablo
    -2nd expansion, it really felt like a "to be continued", also this release plan shows a 2nd expansion planned(dates are wrong, d3 was half a year delayed, d3x1 was a year delayed): www.maxfreak.com/diablo3/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/diablo-3-schedule.png
    -Early preview of next game, unlikely at this point, they will probably wait a year or 2

HoTS
    -As you said, switch to beta, release info, new content
    -Probably also lots of talk like hearthstone got last year

Hearthstone
    -Preview of next adventure
    Edit: Also android release date announcement

New IP
    -Would have to be Titan, but as it was sent back to the drawing board after years of development(it was originally planned for a late 2013 release)

The one thing you can always expect blizzard to do is doing their best for blizzcon, I wouldn't be too worried about lack of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Hearthstone
    -Preview of next adventure
    They haven't said much but they have said it isn't an adventure like Naxx.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

-Warcraft

There are limited to almost zero options here, unless they pull something like....oh we are releasing a remastered HD version of WC1, 2 and 3 for the anniversary....its gonna end up most likely just a release party for the new expansion, no new info will be revealed or spoiled beyond 6.0 period.
    They might have more than you think....

Given the timing...

Early access to WoD for attendees.
    Public raid contest using WOD raids
    First players into TMvsSS and MC100
    The movie
    Patch 6.1
    The next Xpac...yes, again with the "faster cycle" nonsense
    If they are holding any surprises back for the anniversary, this would be a good place and time to announce it
    I seem to recall new versions of WC1-3...again, good place and time.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot of lies that they won't do later and blizzard fanboys will still defend them as "not guaranteed just promises"
    And a lovely mini pet for wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Considering they have the team now to accommodate annual expansion, I would say

- WoD hype x 9999, patch content sneak peeks
    - Expansion 6
    - Heroes of the Storm
    - Hearthstone Tournament
    - Legacy of the Void announcement
    - Diablo 3 Expansion 2 announcement
    - Warcraft Movie

More than enough content there to make a good Blizzcon.
    You just lost The Game