Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

UK Price increase= unacceptable.

After 10 years Blizzard increase the subscription fee!? not decreasing it due to an aging game that is becoming slower and slower with content releases.

They've already delayed the expansion whilst increasing its price, then increasing the subscription fee after!

They are already double dipping from customers with the excessive amount of content in the online shop which should of been implemented in-game.

£22 for a mount? A SINGULAR IN-GAME MOUNT? I know it's optional content but still that is excessive for a digital mount.

1 British Pound Sterling equals 1.67 US Dollars!!!

£22 = $36.73

So the UK subscription fee would work out as £9.99 = $16.68

US Pay $14.99?

Blizzard are already milking the UK player base as it is due to the strong nature of the pound.

Blizzard already rip off UK residents when they buy merchandise from the online store, pay the agreed postage and packaging THEN having an added tax invoice from fed ex which is more than the items purchased combined with the postage and packaging (which is not stated or addressed when you order)

I have never had this before regardless of ordering from America, China, Australia.

With all the bleeding subs, loss of players and a poor product being released, Blizzard should be ashamed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    im sure blizzard feels very ashamed now after this post

Dont like it, dont pay it.

Deleted
    It's £1 a month extra. If you're outraged at having to spend another 25p a week to play WoW, then don't play WoW anymore. I get that you're annoyed about the principle of it, but it's like they're doubling the price. Two choices: get over it, or don't play. Either way, did we really need another thread about this?

Let your wallet speak and Blizzard will eventually learn. I honestly think this is wrong aswell and I'm already unsubbed from this game until WoD comes out and if that doesn't work out I'm quitting the game and not even looking back. At this point I have so many games in my steam library that quitting now gives me time to play some and if I quit permanently I could play them all without the thought of logging in to WoW lingering in the back of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start doing more chores around the house and get that extra pocket money coming in.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't find sympathy here on this forum.. but yeah, that sucks.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Speak with your wallets then, and stop playing the game. But people won't, people will just bitch about it but not actually do anything.

That's all there is to it, Blizzard isn't going to change their mind because a post on a fansite, if people are actually upset about this then unsubscribe, otherwise just accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    After 10 years Blizzard increase the subscription fee!? not decreasing it due to an aging game that is becoming slower and slower with content releases.

They've already delayed the expansion whilst increasing its price, then increasing the subscription fee after!

They are already double dipping from customers with the excessive amount of content in the online shop which should of been implemented in-game.

£22 for a mount? A SINGULAR IN-GAME MOUNT? I know it's optional content but still that is excessive for a digital mount.

£22 = $36.73

US Pay $14.99?

Blizzard are already milking the UK player base as it is due to the strong nature of the pound.

Blizzard already rip off UK residents when they buy merchandise from the online store, pay the agreed postage and packaging THEN having an added tax invoice from fed ex which is more than the items purchased combined with the postage and packaging (which is not stated or addressed when you order)

I have never had this before regardless of ordering from America, China, Australia.

With all the bleeding subs, loss of players and a poor product being released, Blizzard should be ashamed.

According to Google

Quote Originally Posted by www.google.com
    14.99 US Dollar equals
    8.98 British Pound Sterling
    11.19 Euro
    How much were you paying prior to the increase?

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post

£22 = $36.73

US Pay $14.99?

You sound like you're about ready to quit.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

You're not meant to compare to US prices, but the pruces i euro. Currency rates change all the time, shoyld just be happy they don't make all payments be i one currency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    According to Google

How much were you paying prior to the increase?
    £8.99 if paying month to month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is just getting more and more greedy. People now have to pay for mounts and pets. We get less and less content all the time. Increased sub prices. It is only going to get worse.

How about you stop comparing UK prices to US prices, everyone that pays in euro pays way more than $15 so why are you so special?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Blizzard is just getting more and more greedy. People now have to pay for mounts and pets. We get less and less content all the time. Increased sub prices. It is only going to get worse.
    Get lost will you, this adds nothing at all to any discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Then yeah, I don't really think the UK can complain. They've been paying less than everyone else on the continent for years. It's been £10.41 to everyone else.
    Agreed. At first I was a bit miffed at the timing of the announcement - it seemed a tad.. weird.. to announce it so soon after giving the release date - but then I got over it, and was like "Well, £1 a month extra isn't a massive difference anyway, it's just one energy drink less". People love to overreact.

To clarify, I meant "So, yeah, the expansion is 3 months away.. By the way, we're also putting the prices up"

I like all the righteous fury I see 'round the interwebs for prices I consider to be spare change. Are you actually going to show them it's unacceptable by unsubbing, or would like like me to lend you a bit of pocket money so you can afford their exorbitant prices?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    How about you stop comparing UK prices to US prices, everyone that pays in euro pays way more than $15 so why are you so special?
    I detailed it in my first post the comparisons and why Blizzard benefit from UK subscribers and the British pound.

Converting from dollars to pounds doesn't address the fact that the profit margin is higher for Blizzard when the POUND is converted to DOLLARS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You won't find sympathy here on this forum.. but yeah, that sucks.
    All you'll get here is the BDF telling you "if you don't like it then quit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Then yeah, I don't really think the UK can complain. They've been paying less than everyone else on the continent for years. It's been £10.41 to everyone else.
    Converting from dollars to pounds doesn't address the fact that the profit margin is higher for Blizzard when the POUND is converted to DOLLARS.

Deleted
    I don't understand how people are just accepting?

They are producing less content now, they are losing subscribers, they have share holders who wants to see a return, the solution? Raise the prices!

This will just start with the UK and will spread to the other regions, and then as subscribers continue to drop they will continually look at this option. Why? Because no one stood up and challenged it.