Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Server problems cost me a night of raiding....

I was able to login myself but none of my guild members are able to login and we had to call the raid tonight because over half the raid is having issues. I want a refund. How is this acceptable at all? What is the point for bringing down the servers if they are just going to break when you bring them back up? When was the last time their servers were upgraded and/or repaired? This and Battle.net constantly disconnecting is starting to get really annoying I hope this doesn't become the norm.

0/10

please cry some more

First world problems
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not entitled to or deserve a refund of any kind. Disruption in service happens. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. It's really unfortunate it ruined a night of raiding but it's hardly something happening every day, week, or even month.

Shit happens. It's Tuesday, even if there's no content being released you should be prepared for server issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for one, this is MMO-Champion, Blizzard isn't going to see this, and the vast majority of the people here just don't care about your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I was able to login myself but none of my guild members are able to login and we had to call the raid tonight because over half the raid is having issues. I want a refund. How is this acceptable at all? What is the point for bringing down the servers if they are just going to break when you bring them back up? When was the last time their servers were upgraded and/or repaired? This and Battle.net constantly disconnecting is starting to get really annoying I hope this doesn't become the norm.
    You must be new to WoW.

Very, very new.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

I want a refund.
    A great injustice has been done today. You poor, poor soul. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family, your raid team, their families .. any pets you may have, cousins, second cousins, your family dentist and orthodontist (if applicable) and anyone else who may have suffered because your night was compromised by this heartless corporate entity that obviously cares not for you and your precious time.

God speed.
    Last edited by Frozensushi; 2014-08-13 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do think that the OP is whining for no reason I seem to remember a time where Blizzard would credit your account with a free day when the servers went bOrk. That was before Activision though so I don't think we'll ever see that Blizzard again.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Other people have it much MUCH worse than you do. Think of all those starving kids in Africa, and people in North Korea being forced to eat grass to survive.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    While I do think that the OP is whining for no reason I seem to remember a time where Blizzard would credit your account with a free day when the servers went bOrk. That was before Activision though so I don't think we'll ever see that Blizzard again.
    That was when servers went down for pretty much everyone sometimes for days at a time. That kind of thing hasn't happened in years.

Perkanus your avatar just made me spit out my water lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That was when servers went down for pretty much everyone sometimes for days at a time. That kind of thing hasn't happened in years.
    And certainly is not what happened in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I specifically waited already though till tonight because I expect server problems on maintenance day, but I don't expect them to last into raid night. Am I expected to sit here at my computer all day waiting for things to work? Is that not a reason for a refund, I don't like having my time wasted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Do you want them to not fix the game or not? If there's a problem, they need to address it.

They don't WANT problems, problems happen. The game can't cater to your little raid when 100,000 others can't even log in the servers.

Is it acceptable? Personally, I don't think so, because it's been 10 years and you'd think they have their shit figured out, but we can't control their servers being up or down.

But the reality is, you need to adapt or perish.

You want a refund for what? The terms and use say they factor in downtime into the monthly subscription price of the game.
    Blizzard also doesn't disclose what the actual problem is nor should they. It could be drive failures, Routers having problems or nic's going bad. Failover's may come online but couldn't keep up so they take it all down. These things need replacing, then the equipment rebooted. That stuff happens all the time in a data center.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Excuse blizzard for not being perfect...

Why would you care that much anyway this late into the expack?

10+ Year Old Account
    I specifically waited already though till tonight because I expect server problems on maintenance day, but I don't expect them to last into raid night. Am I expected to sit here at my computer all day waiting for things to work? Is that not a reason for a refund, I don't like having my time wasted.
    I'm sorry but that's probably not going to happen. Downtime and interruption is an expected part of a service. You cannot expect 100% perfection at all times. The times my raid has been disrupted we shrug it off and do something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Other people have it much MUCH worse than you do. Think of all those starving kids in Africa, and people in North Korea being forced to eat grass to survive.
    Gotta love all these people pretending to never complain and bringing up starving kids in Africa as if they give a shit about them even remotely. lol
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time their servers were upgraded and/or repaired?
    I believe they completely replaced many of their servers last week or the week before
    I don't like having my time wasted.
    you're talking about playing a video game, it's all wasted time.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2014-08-13 at 02:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They still maintain a 99% uptime overall. Scheduled maintenance doesn't get included.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222