Thread: CM spec?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    you're very desirable so getting a group shouldn't be hard.
    Hah. I fucking wish. The only desirable thing nowadays is already having 9/9 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Sorry, how does a time-based event not have anything to do with playing the spec that does the most DPS? And it's been Destro, forever. Don't feed people misinformation, especially people asking for advice on the best way to prepare themselves for gold. The attitude that I find cute is that someone asks for advice on 'what would be the best spec for challenge modes' and 'Is there any big differences between the specs?' and your response is 'it's about what class your playing'. Yeah man, that's the attitude right there. Go get 'em.

This is straight up wrong. Not only is Destro likely better AoE for the majority of groups out there but you want to be going into Rattlegore with full embers. As far as examples go that is a really bad one (you shouldn't be spec switching period).

I get that you probably enjoy demo — it's my favorite spec too — but are you serious? The OP professed to only recently leveling a warlock, and you're going to advise him to play a spec that's not only significantly more complex but also inferior in every respect? Ok.
    You are feeding misinformation. You haven't carried 9/9 as demo (which I have), likely haven't gotten any realm best or world top 20 bests (which I have), and I'd wager haven't even tried demo in cm's. I've done 9/9 carries, including 3 mans as both specs, and have just overall done cm's a ton of times (selling carries mostly). They are about the same overall, in some cases slightly better, in some cases slightly worse. Hasn't been destro since forever, demo blew destro away by a mile until it got nerfed. I'll give you the complexity thing though, and agree that the op should just go destro since it's easier to play.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    demo blew destro away by a mile until it got nerfed..

The truth, anyone who did CMs early in the xpac knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    You are feeding misinformation. You haven't carried 9/9 as demo (which I have), likely haven't gotten any realm best or world top 20 bests (which I have), and I'd wager haven't even tried demo in cm's. I've done 9/9 carries, including 3 mans as both specs, and have just overall done cm's a ton of times (selling carries mostly). They are about the same overall, in some cases slightly better, in some cases slightly worse. Hasn't been destro since forever, demo blew destro away by a mile until it got nerfed. I'll give you the complexity thing though, and agree that the op should just go destro since it's easier to play.
    I have done over 10,000 individual CM dungeons along with numerous world/US top times across a multitude of characters and specs. I know more than you, can't say it any plainer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I have done over 10,000 individual CM dungeons

I lol'd, not gonna lie.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you give a crap about times and optimal play go Destruction; MOST players will see better results if they don't play Demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I lol'd, not gonna lie.
    I lol'd at what you said on the other page. Or most of your posts in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's question has been answered. Going to close this thread before it goes even more downhill.