Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

siege of orgrimmar 2.0, electric boogaloo

remember the blizzard that made ulduar, and icc?

remember interesting characters like arthas, and illidan?

what happened, how have they fallen so far that they are recycling SoO...twice? with a hellscream as the final boss...again? i'm genuinely curious if they replaced/fired people on the lore/story team, cause this is a joke. what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    remember the blizzard that made ulduar, and icc?

remember interesting characters like arthas, and illidan?

what happened, how have they fallen so far that they are recycling SoO...twice? with a hellscream as the final boss...again? i'm genuinely curious if they replaced/fired people on the lore/story team, cause this is a joke. what gives?
    Just shut up. Threads like this are pointless. If you want to discuss this, go to an already existing thread. Don't create a new one. All you're doing is putting more filth into these forums by posting more stuff.

You throw off the whole cadence of "Whatever 2: Electric Boogaloo" by throwing a ".0" in there. "Boogaloo" doesn't rhyme with "point oh".

Quote Originally Posted by Runiccleave View Post
    Just shut up. Threads like this are pointless. If you want to discuss this, go to an already existing thread. Don't create a new one. All you're doing is putting more filth into these forums by posting more stuff.
    yes, how dare I be critical of a company making questionable decisions instead of accepting everything they do as wonderful, without being critical.

i'm genuinely curious why the story has gone to shit. this is awful, they are literally throwing new paint on the 5.4 patch and saving it for 6.4.

Deleted
    yes, how dare I be critical of a company making questionable decisions instead of accepting everything they do as wonderful, without being critical.

i'm genuinely curious why the story has gone to shit. this is awful, they are literally throwing new paint on the 5.4 patch and saving it for 6.4.
    You´re not critical, you´re just wrong

Wait, where did you see a recycled soo? Minus orcs 2.0, I haven't read anything about SoO 2.0

Yes, I know that Blizzard created those raids.
    Yes, I know the characters Arthas and Illidan.
    I am not sure what you mean by "recycling SoO...twice". As far as I know, there is only a single Siege of Orgrimmar raid.
    I believe an Orc expansion should have an Orc boss.
    I am not sure what you are asking in "what gives?"

Grom is an interesting character but he's interesting as what he was, a Hero of the Horde, not a villain and honestly it seems like Blizzard is just trying to rehash the Warcraft series because they've run out of ideas just you wait Grom is going to drink the Demon Juice for the thousandth time.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    You´re not critical, you´re just wrong
    opinions, etc.

so tell me, when will chris metzen be receiving his pulitzer for this entirely original and amazing story, about a corrupted orc as the final boss after an expansion with a corrupted orc as the final boss?

at least PANDAS were creative.

all im wondering is...why recycle the same story, twice, for two expansions? they really couldnt do an azshara xpac, south seas, emerald dream, ANYTHING but the same f'n idea twice? it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Moradim; 2014-08-16 at 04:11 AM.

You have no room to talk considering you act as if the old Blizzard did absolutely nothing wrong.

Can we get a lock? This didn't exactly deserve its own entire thread.

7+ Year Old Account

Except it has entirely different characters, yeah I'm not psyched about it being Grom either, but to say that it's "essentially the same thing" is complete and utter bullshit, it's like saying that Firelands was Molten Core 2.0 or Blackwing Descent was Blackwing Lair, and those had the same final boss, and they had little to no similar mechanics. It was obvious when we entered another Orc focused expansion we'd be dealing with another Orc as a final raid boss, and to be angry with the story direction is one thing, but this is just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    You have no room to talk considering you act as if the old Blizzard did absolutely nothing wrong.

Can we get a lock? This didn't exactly deserve its own entire thread.
    the old blizzard made BC and Wrath, two expansions with a great story and content. i'm trying to figure out why they cant write a compelling story anymore.

garrosh - leads a "true horde" and is corrupted by an external force

grommash - leads a "iron horde" and is corrupted by an external force

come on, it's like playing mad libs.

7+ Year Old Account
    opinions, etc.

so tell me, when will chris metzen be receiving his pulitzer for this entirely original and amazing story, about a corrupted orc as the final boss after an expansion with a corrupted orc as the final boss?

at least PANDAS were creative.

all im wondering is...why recycle the same story, twice, for two expansions? they really couldnt do an azshara xpac, south seas, emerald dream, ANYTHING but the same f'n idea twice? it's ridiculous.
    It's not the same story at all, it's just a bad one. And if you've played Warcraft for more than 10 minutes you'd realize the story has always been bad.

all im wondering is...why recycle the same story, twice, for two expansions?
    But, it's not the same story. If you simplify it, then maybe it's similar, but that's like saying all horror movies have the same story (scary stuff happens).

Deleted
    opinions, etc.

It´s not opinions, you wrote "recycling SoO twice" which is wrong. Also we don´t know if Grom will be corrupted or not that´s just an assumption from you. You´re just complaining for the sake of complaining and praise the things Blizz did a few years ago as if they were gods back then. Take off your nostalgia goggles

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    It's not the same story at all, it's just a bad one. And if you've played Warcraft for more than 10 minutes you'd realize the story has always been bad.
    BC was interesting, as was Wrath. WoD is essentially reheated leftovers that we already had before in siege of orgrimmar. Even foundry on the beta feels like another siege raid. Why do we have to recycle the same ideas over and over again? At least they took a chance with MoP and made something new.

it just feels like they are going through the motions, this doesnt feel like an "expansion".

We don't know yet how the raid will look like exactly. It's premature to judge the final raid with Grom as another SOO.

Just because it has another Hellscream as final raid boss is not indicative of anything.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

the old blizzard made BC and Wrath, two expansions with a great story and content. i'm trying to figure out why they cant write a compelling story anymore.
    That is your opinion. Don't speak as if it was fact. I wasn't a fan of TBC's storyline. Also, The Lich King showing up because I breathed at a different pace became annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    We don't know yet how the raid will look like exactly. It's premature to judge the final raid with Grom as another SOO.

Just because it has another Hellscream as final raid boss is not indicative of anything.
    but doesnt it suggest they are creatively bankrupt? especially given that we're about to get a new raid tier of orcs orcs orcs (and an ogre or two), after a raid tier of orcs orcs orcs (and a dinosaur)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    But, it's not the same story. If you simplify it, then maybe it's similar, but that's like saying all horror movies have the same story (scary stuff happens).
    In MoP, we go to try to become powerful on Pandaria and make allies out of the natives, we end up defeating the local issue at which point we go to take down the power hungry orc who has been corrupted by a sha.

In WoD, we go to stop the iron horde from invading Azeroth in an AU and end up fighting the horde while there, we will over the course of the expansion slowly defeat the horde clan leaders culminating in a fight at the iron horde capitol in which we fight the power hungry orc who has been corrupted by demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.