Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should WoW 2 continue the story or revamp it?

A br team may mean a brand new WoW. Should they redo WoW in a new way, kinda have the framework of Wilsdstar but better, witht eh story telling power of SwTOR but better, oand fix a lot of the horrible lore mistakes? or should they go forward?

OR, should they start the new WoW at Warcraft 1? then go through each warcraft game.

Why would you make a new WoW if you can simply update the current one? They will never create WoW2, never a Warcraft 4, simply because they can continue the story in the current WoW.

I've yet to hear someone explain how WoW 2 would be anything but a huge waste of resources. This is why we have expansions
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Dispersedshadow View Post
    WoD is essentially WoW2.
    Yeah, it's not. Get that out of your head.

I think the only way for people to enjoy a WoW 2, is if the first WoW died off, WoW 2 comes and there was a way to redeem their old characters in the new game: like getting access to them updated in the new game after you hit their level in the game or something like that.

I feel like you'd need to introduce further cataclysmic events and relocating/smashing of capital cities in a Warcraft 4 type game to set the story for a WoW2, though.

Then again, I've learned some time ago not to trust the WoW lore people with doing a satisfactory job at progressing the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    while were at it gettin things out of our head, lets add WoW2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    You're right. TBC was WoW 2.
    Look! Words!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is essentially WoW2.
    Not just WoD, but all that has been changed along the time. WoD, happns to gathering it all.

WoD is essentially WoW2.
    No, not even close. It's a lot of content, sure, but still an expansion.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    there is not, nor will there EVER be a WoW2 so the question is totally wrong OP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, some of you don't keep up with the news, are you? Not even a few days ago, Blizzard stated that Titan was World of Warcraft #2 and that they've been thinking about Wow 2.0 for then years already (Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6421751/). The fact that the game was revamped either mean that the concept was bad, or that the game was still technologically too similar to what World of Warcraft had.

As for me, I think I'd like the story to pick it up where Wow is currently. In fact, in a perfect world, the two would be timed together; while one game fight one problem, the other one fight the other.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2014-08-16 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    there is not, nor will there EVER be a WoW2 so the question is totally wrong OP!
    Except Tom Chilton just said in an interview that they've been talking A LOT about the possibility for years now, but first they need to figure out how to go about it.

Do you really think they will let WoW slowly die forever when they would basically break the market if they came out with a new generation MMO called World of Warcraft 2?

It won't happen anytime soon, but it will happen FOR SURE.

I'm hoping for WCIV when WoW eventually winds down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Wow, some of you don't keep up with the news, are you? Not even a few days ago, Blizzard stated that Titan was World of Warcraft #2 and that they've been thinking about Wow 2.0 for then years already (Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6421751/)
    Bro, please. The author of the article mistakenly calls Titan a World of Warcraft follow-up, which it never was. Mike Morhaime has already come out and said it wasn't WoW 2.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-of-warcraft/1
    And that was three and a half years ago.
    Look! Words!

Look at how much WoW has changed since it launched. We're already playing WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I've yet to hear someone explain how WoW 2 would be anything but a huge waste of resources. This is why we have expansions
    A new game engine and new 'business model' will be necessary at some point. It's a long way off tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    A new game engine and new 'business model' will be necessary at some point. It's a long way off tho.
    No need for new engine. WoW engine is upgradable. Just look at how much it changed, and its even more under the hood. Business model can also change over time. They implemented wow store for example.

WoW 2 should just be like Street Fighter, except everybody is Illidan dual weilding frostmournes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Feel free to link to it then.

All I can remember is they have talked about that a WC4 could happen.
    I don't have permissions to post links, but the guy who commented just before me linked the interview.

"I think that there are a lot of challenges there in seeing how World of Warcraft 2 relates to World of Warcraft; do they live alongside each other, does one feed into the other, what is that product, etc. These are challenges that have to be figured out before that becomes a reality."

The fact that they are openly talking about this kind of things means that they'll do it at some point.

WoW is a living breathing entity, their is no need for your "wow2" because it just keeps evolving in to what it has become and what the vision it will be through the eyes of the storytellers.