Thread: Ghost of a Tale

Ghost of a Tale

We've been talking about this for a quite a while now since it's reveal last year, and I'm honestly surprised that literally no one posted a thread about it yet.

Basically, it's an adventure-puzzle game set in a small, compact world... where you play as a mouse. There's not much action to it, but that's not the point: the game is about exploring, solving puzzles, etc. (Also; if hostile mobs detect you, your basically dead; there's a heavy emphasis on stealth).

The game kinda reminds me of the scene from Ender's Game :>

7+ Year Old Account
    First I'm hearing of this game, definitely looking forward to it now, glad its for pc out the gate too.

Deleted
    the concept is interesting and it looks quite nice too ^^

Deleted
    It's a game made after a story, that was also a CGI movie. We basically know how it ends, so the story factor goes right out the window.

Deleted
    Looks really nice. Will probably buy it.

Basically looks like The Secret Of Nimh story but in game format ^^ aka one of my fav childhood movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Basically looks like The Secret Of Nimh story but in game format ^^ aka one of my fav childhood movies.
    You... remember... the Secret of Nimh? And you actually liked it? I knew I wasn't alone! And, now that you've brought it up; from what I've seen, the plot is actually quite similar. Hmph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouuuh nice ! I love that little cute death at the end.
    Do you know if they are going to make that game with a Co-op mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me a lot of Mouse Guard, which I adore.

Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You... remember... the Secret of Nimh? And you actually liked it? I knew I wasn't alone! And, now that you've brought it up; from what I've seen, the plot is actually quite similar. Hmph.
    i remember the book as being much better, but i'm also a fan....

the whole 'mouse knight' genre seems to be getting quite a bit of attention in recent years. i remember seeing a miniatures boardgame similar, as well as a few casual games that used the concept too...

i think generally its popular because developers can appeal to a younger audience because its clearly 'fantasy violence' which is more acceptable to ratings than human vs human violence.

and like in Secret of Nimh, having creatures that would pose no threat to a human as deadly obstacles is !#@$ing cute.

i'm reminded of that mouse knight in Narnia as well, but that was hardly the focus.

i'm kinda interested in this now... anyone know of any books/comics/whatnot that utilize 'mice knights' or something similar, but perhaps in a more unforgiving, gritty, 'adult' setting than even Secret of Nimh ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    i'm kinda interested in this now... anyone know of any books/comics/whatnot that utilize 'mice knights' or something similar, but perhaps in a more unforgiving, gritty, 'adult' setting than even Secret of Nimh ?
    It's not super gritty but I'd recommend checking out Mouse Guard (pictured above), can find them in a lot of book stores near the graphical-novels. Here's the authors description;

In the world of Mouse Guard, mice struggle to live safely and prosper amongst harsh conditions and a host of predators. Thus the Mouse Guard was formed: more than just soldiers, they are guides for common mice looking to journey without confrontation from one village to another. They see to their duty with fearless dedication so that they may not simply exist, but truly live.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Graphically quite stunning tbh.

Interesting,. has a bit of solid snake feel to it i guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I liked it too