Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Troll Models: Wicked Witch Stereotype Influence?

Having seen the new troll models, I have to admit some surprise in the stark features of the female models. We all pretty much got an idea what the males were gonna look like from seeing Vol'jin during MoP, but wow, the females are all shades of unattractive, but there's the strong initial impression of the stereotype wicked witch motif to the females' faces. Granted, the trolls could have gone the path of the frost trolls from Northrend which would have been downright hideous, but they chiseled some almost straight razor features on the female models faces' that would make you hope they had some amazing boobs if you were setup on a blind date with one. Yeesh, these gals look hard as barn nails. I hope some of the female model faces are softer and less... stoic? Spartan?
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

People caring about pretty have Blood elves and Alliance races.

What is it with females looking STRONG? I as a female am extremely happy with the female troll. She's beautiful in her own way thanks to looking so fierce. The female trolls have had ONE face that was used by most, the "pretty" face. I'm sure it'll still be available. I will make a fem troll looking like I imagine them...fierce, sly and won't hesitate to rip your face off.

They're not meant to be particularly attractive to begin with so I don't see what the issue is.

I'm somewhat dissapointed with the troll male. I still wish we'd someday get the Vol'jin mohawk. It's looking so damn good. At least they made a huge improvement on the hair though.

While I don't find them to be as horridly deformed as some people on this forum are making them out to be, if you want a pretty race there are options out there for you.

I'm really glad Blizzard isn't focusing on sex appeal, and frankly I think some warts add character. However the extent of some of them make her look seriously ill, reminds me of chicken pox or shingles or something. I can see Trolls not giving a shit about appearance, but hpv (tpv?) is an easily spread virus, you'd think they'd call in a Druid or something.

disappointing that they added warts where there were none before

Even if it was a quick look, they're not done with the models yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was also one of the "ugly" faces from the original model. The "pretty" face will still be pretty and probably wart-free.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    That was also one of the "ugly" faces from the original model. The "pretty" face will still be pretty and probably wart-free.
    I'm sure there would have been "where are my ugly warts? gg blizz beautifying the only ugly female race" threads if they showcased the pretty face. We saw how worked up people got about Night Elves fangs...
    You just lost The Game

Yeah I'd like the female mohawk on a male too, it looks so much better. Just the mohawk though, not the rest of the hairstyle. Still, I'm happy. I would like to see other faces though.

Face #3 looks retarded.
    Face #1 is great. It looks a tad bit annoyed, I like that.
    Face #2 has the same mistake the new horde 100 3v3 mount has. These horns are oddly shaped. They are thin in the mouth, fat in the middle. It looks... bad.

To me it looks like the #1 face is the one I have, except that I've just a facepaint added. I so hope to whatever god my troll will look like the face #1 with a facepaint.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-08-13 at 12:48 AM.

What are you talking about? Did you even look at the old model next to the new ones? If anything the new version of that face is prettified, although still ugly like they should be.
    I'm pretty sure the "pretty face" will still be available too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Face #3 looks retarded.
    I'm fairly positive that is mid emote.

Yeah I'd like the female mohawk on a male too, it looks so much better. Just the mohawk though, not the rest of the hairstyle. Still, I'm happy. I would like to see other faces though.

Face #3 looks retarded.
    Face #2 has the same mistake the new horde 100 3v3 mount has. These horns are oddly shaped. They are thin in the mouth, fat in the middle. It looks... bad.
    #3, that's not a face, it's a facepaint showcase, it's /roar. I think #2 is a showcase of a different face with a different tusk. Agreed though it looks a little wonky.
    You just lost The Game

Face #3 looks retarded.
    The second face's tusks are shaped about the same on the old models, and the third face is mid-shout.

The female looks eerily like my boss... Wicked Witch stereotype confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female trolls look hideous! Super ugly! They look like absolute witches! ...it's perfect! /manlytears
    I'm now seriously considering undergoing a sex change on my male troll rogue. I love the new male troll models too, but the beautifully ugly femtrolls are my favourite so far!

I was under the impression Trolls canonically had fur and warts, anyway. They've just given them the latter and dropped the former.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the female Troll, really looks good, nicely done. Never liked the model on live, but she looks more appealing while staying 'savage'.

I actually really like the new female troll models. I was a bit surprised at the warts being shown, but I find the new models attractive in their own right. They look better than the "pretty" races, especially those damn blood elves.