Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Fastest way to 100k gold

Hey guys.

Currently only playing WoW (till WoD) gold making only, though I'm not very good with gold making hehe.

I want to make 100k before WoD, currently sitting on 18k with 280items on AH for around 25k.

My current professions:

600 Alchemy
    600 JC
    600 Cooking
    600 Fishing

AH addons:
    Auctioneer
    Auctionator
    TSM (which I don't get at all)

How can I make 100k gold the fastest way with these professions/addons? And of course farming if necessary.

ps. I only have one toon on this server (Silvermoon).

Thanks in advance

15+ Year Old Account
    Not with those professions.

herbing, mining, item enhancement professions are up atm, maybe blowing up ore for the gems and selling those?.

no one is buying gear or pots atm. A few are, but not enough.

Deleted
    Sell drugs in booty bay

10+ Year Old Account
    See what's selling on your AH. Start an alt on the opposite faction and see what sells on their AH. Steady turn over may be better than random huge profits. There are people that try to manipulate the AH data, be sure to look at stuff yourself from time to time instead of just trusting the addons. Check the market for pets and see if you can farm them. You may do better if you farm a pet, stone it, then level it. If you haven't done a lot of pet battles, look at a guide for tips on how to do it quickly. If your auctions seem like they should be selling, and they aren't, someone may be swooping in and undercutting you. For serious AH play, you probably can't just post and forget.

If it were completely easy, everyone would do it. If too many people did it, Blizz would probably nerf it (as they have done with several farming areas).

Caveat: I play in China, we're a different server group and may have different market conditions. I haven't really pushed hard for gold during MoP, listen to others who have. These are just simple rules of thumb.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro-tip: make a second (lvl 10 preferably) character, with a lot of bag slots on him and in the bank and mail every little shit to him, and post it. It adds up.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

herbing, mining, item enhancement professions are up atm, maybe blowing up ore for the gems and selling those?.

oh i see, might be tough then.

Not sure how relevant my advice will be since I usually only do it for the 2 months after a raid tier since that's when it yields maximum profit. Might not be as great this late after a patch but you could give it a try. It also requires enchanting, you only need a level 85 to get max enchanting minus level 90 weapon enchants.

- Buy ore of the AH, prospect it, keep both rare and green quality gems

- Cut the rare gems into ones that are useful (spirit or stamina is generally not, thus may not sell at all), but don't just make 10+ of the same type. Flooding the AH that way will leave you constantly having to re-post in masses due to undercutting.

- Over a few months, find the gems that sell the most, for the most profit using your own experience and the data gathered from your AH addon.

- You will probably find putting the gems up within a day before a raid reset for a significantly higher price than the rest (not too extreme) may yield even further profits if all the cheap ones get bought out on the first raid night leaving yours up on top.

- There are 6 different types of the green gems, 3 make a necklace and the other 3 make a ring. If you can get an enchanter, make the necks and rings with your JC then DE them all.

- Do some quick maths with a calculator and find out whether up-scaling the enchanting matts will yield you more profit than just putting raw dust up. Also consider if actual enchants on the AH would yield you even more profit. Due to upscalling it would be best to stockpile dust up for 2+ weeks since a lot gets used to go from dust -> sha crystals

- This part is only really effective if you have multiple 90s with all 4 farm plots. If you're able to plant the songbell seeds every day and gather the spirits of harmony, you can trade them in at shrine for golden lotus to then make flasks from. Again, more profit is made if you stockpile the flasks up and put them up some time before typical raid hours after the first reset.

- More extreme ways of getting gold have lately involved low level green items that are commonly used for transmog purposes. Its possible to get gold capped within a month this way from what i've heard but i've never been motivated to even try since it requires a lot of research and time spent sitting on the AH. There are very detailed spreadsheets that exist on the internet however that contain which ones sell the most (eg, some pieces go with others to create unique looks like a stormwind guard, or even a super hero theme), and if you're able to buy something off the AH for 10g then sell it on for 3-5k you can imagine the profits can get pretty insane.

Farming...

100k isn't much (in the grand scheme of things) and most Professions on the AH require bulk and a bit of investment. Throwing up some Epic gear on the AH with 6 others listed takes a long time to sell.

However, with the expansion looming, lots of players are doing a profession shuffle on mains and alts alike, as such, there seems to be a pretty good demand still for raw materials. So, while it might be boring, you can easily gather yourself to 100k gold with zero risk... just time investment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Not sure how relevant my advice will be since I usually only do it for the 2 months after a raid tier since that's when it yields maximum profit. Might not be as great this late after a patch but you could give it a try. It also requires enchanting, you only need a level 85 to get max enchanting minus level 90 weapon enchants.

- Buy ore of the AH, prospect it, keep both rare and green quality gems

- Cut the rare gems into ones that are useful (spirit or stamina is generally not, thus may not sell at all), but don't just make 10+ of the same type. Flooding the AH that way will leave you constantly having to re-post in masses due to undercutting.

- Over a few months, find the gems that sell the most, for the most profit using your own experience and the data gathered from your AH addon.

- You will probably find putting the gems up within a day before a raid reset for a significantly higher price than the rest (not too extreme) may yield even further profits if all the cheap ones get bought out on the first raid night leaving yours up on top.

- There are 6 different types of the green gems, 3 make a necklace and the other 3 make a ring. If you can get an enchanter, make the necks and rings with your JC then DE them all.

- Do some quick maths with a calculator and find out whether up-scaling the enchanting matts will yield you more profit than just putting raw dust up. Also consider if actual enchants on the AH would yield you even more profit. Due to upscalling it would be best to stockpile dust up for 2+ weeks since a lot gets used to go from dust -> sha crystals

- This part is only really effective if you have multiple 90s with all 4 farm plots. If you're able to plant the songbell seeds every day and gather the spirits of harmony, you can trade them in at shrine for golden lotus to then make flasks from. Again, more profit is made if you stockpile the flasks up and put them up some time before typical raid hours after the first reset.

- More extreme ways of getting gold have lately involved low level green items that are commonly used for transmog purposes. Its possible to get gold capped within a month this way from what i've heard but i've never been motivated to even try since it requires a lot of research and time spent sitting on the AH. There are very detailed spreadsheets that exist on the internet however that contain which ones sell the most (eg, some pieces go with others to create unique looks like a stormwind guard, or even a super hero theme), and if you're able to buy something off the AH for 10g then sell it on for 3-5k you can imagine the profits can get pretty insane.

Going to switch server soon, then im going to level up a toon with professions thinking either mining/enchanting or tailoring/enchanting

Grab potion of luck, check for the farming spots you will average 3-4k gold per hour depending on gear. Don't listen to people who claim to make 10k/h because its simple impossible unless you play on dead realm where everything goes for 50g+

sell carries in pvp or in challenge modes, you can be gold cap in a month tops

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    .Farm for the key on Isle of Thunder, and run Troves of the Thunder King every week.
    .Running old dungeons and raids nets a fair amount of gold, and make sure your bags have enough spaces to contain the vendor trash. It sells well, and craft the bandages from cloth, because they sell for more.
    .Now that the daily cap has been removed, do as many as you can.
    .If you have completed the Argent Tournament and become a Crusader, the Argent Pavilion neutral dailies can award a sack of 10 gold. Also, if you're on the daily to kill the Vrykul and the Kraken from the air, if you manage to kill the Kraken, it'll put an item in your bag that creates an additional daily.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Grab potion of luck, check for the farming spots you will average 3-4k gold per hour depending on gear. Don't listen to people who claim to make 10k/h because its simple impossible unless you play on dead realm where everything goes for 50g+
    Or because they kill faster than you and fully process the drops they get correctly.

3-4k is an acceptable number to give people, as it doesn't need profession backing to create.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flichenstein View Post
    Going to switch server soon, then im going to level up a toon with professions thinking either mining/enchanting or tailoring/enchanting

Why would you change server? You're on the best and most populated PVE English server. You make no sense.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Or because they kill faster than you and fully process the drops they get correctly.

3-4k is an acceptable number to give people, as it doesn't need profession backing to create.
    Bullshit.

Their 10k/h comes from selling green items at a price of 200-300g each that doesnt happen on almost any realm. Unless yeah in your opinion ~18 spirits 4 stacks of ore 30 trillium bars and 4 stacks of exotic leather make 8k gold

And yeah they can clearly kill faster than my multi shot 1 shotting packs in townlong steppes or 1/2 shot conflaging packs when im on lock
    Last edited by Einsz; 2014-08-18 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Why would you change server? You're on the best and most populated PVE English server. You make no sense.
    Unless he is Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Unless he is Horde
    horde and alliance AH will be the same so...

I have been getting gold on my spare time by doing my farm plots in enigma seeds and selling the herbs at about 2k a day (10 toons).
    Sometimes you can make some easy extra gold by buying underpriced trade goods and reselling. In my experience, you tend to find them on weekends the most.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    10k/h isnt bullshit, i manage to do 8k with my blood Dk (jewel/mining) while i grind in jade forest, and we all know warlock/druid can farm lots faster.
    i dont sell green on AH, Deenchant them or sell them at vendor, 5-6k/ should'nt be that hard. having tailoring would increase the gold made.

-maybe you should change zone?
    - make shure you use the potion of luck
    - having tailoring give a huge bonus with the bonus cloth
    - use spirit to buy what sell the most.
    - kill faster? 1shot them is not hard, pulling more and faster is harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

Not true at all. 100k in 3 months? Easily doable with those professions. You're right about gear not being that profitable - no one item or subset of items is that profitable at this point in the expansion. Profit margins are much lower now than earlier on in the expansion. But there's still a ton of money to be made, you just have to do it through volume.

I'm not really sure how profitable cooking or fishing might be, although you can easily check the prices of various fish and see how well they are selling on your particular realm. I've been finishing up my Nat Pagle rep the past week or so and I've been able to sell off the stacks of fish I'm getting while searching for the daily turn-ins.

But you can definitely make money with Alch and JC. Alch you should be making sure you are doing your daily CD, particularly if you are transmute specced. Depending on your realm you may find that certain potions or flasks will sell, but most places you can at least make money selling potions of luck or invis. I sell a whole bunch of gems every day - like I said before, you don't make a lot of profit on each gem, but you make a fair bit of gold overall by volume.

Learn TSM. Seriously - it will take a few hours to learn, to set it up for your professions, but once you do that it will make things soooooooooooo much easier to make gold. Its an incredibly useful addon that once you have configured it for your realm and your professions makes knowing what is profitable to sell, what you need to craft it, then crafting it, and finally posting on the AH a much much much faster and simpler thing. Its really intimidating at first and I avoided it for a long time because of that, and because I thought "I just do some ore shuffling and post a few enchants, I don't need anything complicated". I finally made myself learn it not too long ago and now I feel like an idiot because I could've saved myself so much time and made a lot more gold if I'd been using it before. A guy named Phatlootz has a really good series of guides on youtube, and if you google around you can find more guides and information on it. I know it seems complicated, but just walk through those youtube guides - I found that helped me understand it a lot - and then you'll understand what the people who have written guides are talking about much better.