Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Gambling is probably the fastest way to 100k, Shouldn't have any problems starting at 18+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    Sell drugs in booty bay
    them goblins, such a bad influence aha

may not help a lot here, but i remember, when i was farming ore on my paladin (for the stamina buff, he was a tank) back in cata.
    the moment i reach mining 525, i went to the AH and put in every single ore, i had farmed.

like a week later (not everything sells in the first auction), i made like 20k gold or more. copper was really popular and i think fel iron went out for like 60g/ore.

Farm the Zandalaris, Rares, Timeless isles... Read a pet leveling guide and provide services.

Prepare a profession kit and sell it. I was preparing BS leveling till 375. For about 3 hrs or less of work was being paid 4K or so. The thing to remember is that people want to level professions like Eng, BS, JC but cba to go out in the Old World and gather the mats. This is where your niche skills come into play

AoE grinding on a semi decent realm gets you 3-10k gold/hour easily (assuming you got a dps specc with dps gear).

Deleted
    1) Make a DK
    (Starts at 55, has built in faster riding, noone attacks a tank if you are on a pvp realm)

2) Teach him Mining + Herbalism

3) Level it until you reach 68.

4) Teach it 280% flight (don't worry, you'll get that money back in no time)

5) Farm Outland Ore and Herbs

6) Sell on AH

7) Profit. Lots. Of. Profit.

Noone, and I repeat, NOONE seems to farm anything in outland, and I play on one of the most populated european realms. Things go for crazy prices on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    1) Make a DK
    (Starts at 55, has built in faster riding, noone attacks a tank if you are on a pvp realm)

2) Teach him Mining + Herbalism

3) Level it until you reach 68.

4) Teach it 280% flight (don't worry, you'll get that money back in no time)

5) Farm Outland Ore and Herbs

6) Sell on AH

7) Profit. Lots. Of. Profit.

Noone, and I repeat, NOONE seems to farm anything in outland, and I play on one of the most populated european realms. Things go for crazy prices on the AH.
    Necessary addition:

0) Choose a populated server. Preferrably one of the top 20.

Fail to do this and you have no gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Necessary addition:

0) Choose a populated server. Preferrably one of the top 20.

Fail to do this and you have no gold.
    LMAO... AMEN!!!!!
    All my alts are always herbs/mining up until they are max level. Simply because that's the way to make gold, not to spend gold (for crafting prof leveling).
    That's all fine and dandy, and certainly it works. BUT....
    Last I did level actually a Blood DK, and it was a fucking nightmare in Outland. Your own realm is only one aspect. Outland is CRZ region. That means people from your realm and the usual suspects from other realms. It took me hours on end, even on my personal routes, which differ from the ones everyone and their Grandma can find on the leveling guides.. I seldom get mad over a game. But that time sink was something.
    When I do a full circle through Netherstorm and gain some 3 - 4 stacks of Adamantite, then I am in my normal parameter.. But doing 2 circles and still don't have but one stack. Then it's an time issue. And I am a gatherer since classic WoW, knowing every trick in the books how to skill quickly, how to and what to farm to make max profits.

The times of smooth sailing and cruising are over. CRZ removed that... The only way is being on a realm that is in a unique setup, so it won't be in a CRZ with many other realms at all. And that gap closes ever more as well.
    It's still possible though. Just not as easy as it was.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    OK, I am lazy and sort of hate farming ores/skins/herbs on a day-by day basis. Also I don't like playing the AH (I do on occasion, but don't want to do it on a daily basis, not even for 10 mins/day). I do not need to be rich, but do like to have some pocket money to buy stuff I really want.

What I do is at expansion start (or early in a consecutive tier) play hard during the first few month, levelling up my professions to max asap, in my case mining/BSM.
    I make sure to get/learn/buy/beg/borrow/steal one or a couple of rare BSM recipes and focus on gathering the mats to make a few of those, the sooner the better.

This gear is usually better than dungeon gear and very overpriced during the first couple of months. I usually make enough money during the first three months of the expansion to last me until the next one (admittedly, I don't need so much). To give an idea, early MoP I made about 400K in the first 90 days. I now have about 100K left and plan to refill my purse in the first 100 days of WoD.

If you need more gold, you will have to work for it. For me, this is enough.
    Last edited by mmoc4741bd8e3d; 2014-09-10 at 12:29 PM.

At the rate they are throwing gold at you these days, don't even try. You will have 100k in no time as long as you don't buy stupid shit.

I'd say challenge mode boosting

Deleted
    testtesttest
    Last edited by mmocf0a7121e7d; 2015-09-16 at 04:51 PM.

Sell unneeded/unwanted pets. I've made almost 100k since 5.4 just selling Level 1 Timeless Isle pets.

Or, hold on to Timeless Isle pets and sell them at 4x the price when WoD hits, because very few people will be doing that content anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    credit card
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Farm boss drop battle pets in old raids. Easy gold right there, and you can sell/de all the gear drops, as well as AH many of the mats.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ran weekly pet farming circuits on several toons.

AQ40 > SSC/Kara/TK > Naxx = profit but the pets from BWL and MC sell for peanuts. Prices ranged from 500g to 5000g per pet and became my largest source of gold. Battle pets, people can't get enough of them!

Farming Pit of Saron for the Hilt isn't a bad way either but it's even more RNG dependent and you'll hit the max instances/hour but you also come out of it with tons of crafting materials.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-09-11 at 03:06 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Farm boss drop battle pets in old raids. Easy gold right there, and you can sell/de all the gear drops, as well as AH many of the mats.
    Check your AH for pet prices first. Chances are, you will be surprised by how low the prices are.

I am not trying to be a naysayer, it's just that the above advice might totally not work. About the only pets that hold their prices are Anubisath Idol (AQ) and Coilfang whatever (SSC, and more specifically, Vashj).
    Last edited by rda; 2014-09-11 at 03:10 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not trying to be a naysayer, it's just that the above advice might totally not work. About the only pets that hold their prices are Anubisath Idol (AQ) and Coilfang whatever (SSC, and more specifically, Vashj).
    There's a bit of a price swing in the pet market and I often noticed that pets from TK to be on the lower-end of the spectrum in general due mount farming and, hey, when in Rome why not visit Lootreaver and Solarian. I can usually sell their respective pets for 800 - 1000g and that's not a bad amount of gold to make for a few minutes of work.

Naxx and Karazhan are about on par with prices of 800 - 1200g. The exception being the Netherspace Abyssal which fetched me a little under 5000g on the last one I put up. I think Chess is still somewhat of a barrier which makes the Abyssal sell for much more than the others.

You're right about SSC and AQ40 being the best though. In AQ40 you have the Anubisath Idol as well the Viscidus Globule which both sell for 2000 - 3000g (or more for the Idol) whereas most pets in SSC will range from 1500 - 4000g.

The only reason I would suggest farming MC or BWL is if you're going there for another reason, either for transmog or to build Sulfuras. Those pets only sell for 50 - 400g.

These all have to be taken with a grain of salt though. I'm on a fairly low-pop Horde server and prices will likely vary elsewhere. There are also times where I need to sit on those pets for a while in order to get them sold, especially if I have multiples since I used to do this with up to four characters a week. At one point, I had six Tainted Wavelings queued up for selling and took me a couple months to move them all for ~1500g each.

A lot of potential for taking an hour or less to do. You can also extend this to Magisters' Terrace for the Hatchling.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-09-11 at 04:57 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.