Poll: Which race got the best lore?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Human and NE lore is random fantasy lore. Orcs are pretty cool but I love forsaken lore.

You listed only playable races. I for one liked the Titan/Eredar/Old gods lore.
    As for mortal races, orcs. Other races lore are.. too short.

If I would post non-playable races then Gnolls would win because of Hogger mafia...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardo79 View Post
    I was curious which race in your opinion got the best lore, not which got more pages on wiki
    I love draenei lore even though they don't have it as much as some races.

Deleted
    Orcs have the most lore behind them, so that's what I voted on simply for the abundance of it. Potentially the most interesting lore however I'd have to say the Forsaken and Lady Sylvanas, but it would take good writing which I don't really expect of Blizzard anymore with all the retcon that goes on nowadays.

Deleted
    They should do so much more with Dwarfs, they have SO MUCH potential and personally I really like their lore so far. Maybe expand on the Dark Dwarves and the Blackrock Mountains once again... maybe they'll summon Ragnaros again HEUHEUHE

Well, it was literally a toss up between Orc and Human. I got up today feeling like a hipster for some reason and have decided to keep up the feeling all day, so I voted Human knowing everyone else would choose Orc.

I really, really don't like that Metzen is basically getting the lore team in a choke lock every day and demanding to hear which race is getting the most lore entries this week (wrong answers result in summary piledriver) but it is what it is.

Blood Elf and Draenei have great potential. Pandaren are pretty great. Orcs get the first, the second and a bit of the third slice of every lore pizza, though, so they win by default.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs absolutely have the MOST lore

Also, who put Gnomes in the poll? Trololololo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Orce, then Forsaken, then Blood Elves, then we maybe find an Alliance race or two after that.

But there's no Horde bias or anything. Right?

...right?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Gnomes ofc! Anyone?

11.05.2012 - 11.01.15 | 22.07.15 - Present

It is honestly hard to say. I think the best lore is when multiple races come together. Like Brox and Rhonin going back in time for The War of the Ancients with the Night Elves. I think the only easy choice would be for the "least or worst" lore being the forgotten Gnomes.

Orcs might get the most lore, but I don't know about the BEST lore.

Personally, I'd say the Dwarves have my favorite story and history. I'd love to see an entire novel about the War of the Three Hammers.

I played the game since the first Warcraft. I don't know why people think that orc's lore is best, their history can be sent in an SMS. Someone explain please.

Are people voting on best lore or how much lore a certain race have ?

Orcs have easily gotten the most fleshed-out lore by a landslide. Granted, many people don't like the direction it has taken for various reasons, but the attention has definitely been given. Races like Worgen, Draenei, Gnomes, and Tauren have gotten single-sentence memos by comparison. Humans are definitely second place, but Orcs and Humans together have hogged so much of the spotlight that even other races that have actually gotten a little lore (Night Elves, Blood Elves, Goblins, Forsaken, Dwarves, Trolls) seem like footnotes by comparison. Pandaren actually come in third IMO, since they've had basically an entire xpac devoted to fleshing out their story (until it was hijacked by Orcs at any rate).
    Last edited by Gelannerai; 2014-08-21 at 03:42 PM.

Poor worgen, goblin and tauren only have 1 vote. I wonder if people voted for orc because they have the MOST or BEST lore. More does not equal better.

Quote Originally Posted by Faos View Post
    Orcs have had the most developed storyline over the history of WoW than the other races combined. Pretty easy choice. Most underinvested race for me has to be Dwarves, they could do so much more with them but it won't happen as there are other races just as deserving of a deeper more intense lore history.
    I hate the Alliance and the midget races, but I agree that the Dwarves are vastly under utilized. I mean, we have Bran doing his stupid shit, and that seems SO wasteful.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Night Elves had the best lore before WoW, blood elves probably have the best lore in WoW. Orcs definitely have the most, with humans second. I would love to see Night Elves return to their former glory and not be belittled by beings over 10,000 years younger /facepalm. Hand in hand I think Taurens deserve more lore most on the horde side. Other races I don't mind seeing more lore, however I honestly think Gnomes aren't going to get any lore purely because I think Blizzard don't know what to do with them, there really is no story other than retaking Gnomeregan and piggybacking Dwarven Lore.

Orcs have the most developed and probably the technical "best" However, my personal favorite is the forsaken.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa