Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play Unholy, and I don't want it to go Ranged. I like the current play style, that's why I'm playing it.

Unholy Bursts are mad and the sustained DPS is quite good. We do not need dramatic change in play style we just need better optimization.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Deleted
    What?

a.) No unholy player wants to be a ranged spec - We already have a far amount of damage being inflicted by "non-melee" abilities such as diseases, pet, death coil etc - not to mention virtually half of DW frost's damage coming from HB spam.

b.) In what universe do "very few people play Unholy DKs"? I ended up playing unholy when it was being annihilated by frost during the first tier of MoP just because I preferred the playstyle. At that point, yes the majority of DKs were frost but as the QoL changes came rolling in (not to mention festerblight being so strong during ToT) the balance between unholy and frost kinda levelled out.

If you want some sort of ranged-DK then you'll have to pray they'll bring 4th specs in at some point and push for some sort of necromancer spec.

After a year of being unsubbed (got bored) I'm looking forward to resubbing for WoD and playing Unholy once again. I'd lose my mind if I logged in only to find we were now spell-hunters.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2014-08-19 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    There was a 90% ranged spec in Naxx; I think he is pointing to that, basically IT/DC spam. It was fun, and horribly broken.
    Well we still didn't use SP plate and didn't stand with the casters as he said. Maybe he was just playing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Oh and Unholy would definitely lose either DPS, burst or utility in order to become ranged.
    That's cool because, actually, we don't have any of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    if anythin that would be a 4th spec, i doubt alot of people would be happy if their spec was 100% redone
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Best Place for Unholy is Ranged Str DPS
    No. It should be a melee class. You might as well call it a Lich otherwise (or undead caster, w/e). This is about as ridiculous as that undead healer spec someone came up with awhile back.

If blizzard ever wanted a Demon Hunter then this would be the spec Would be just like a hunter / affliction lock imo but with plate armor so rather OP. Can't see it happening and anything that does happen would likely be the new class (Demon Hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if anythin that would be a 4th spec, i doubt alot of people would be happy if their spec was 100% redone
    All three warlock specs say hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    ^ This

Weren't they talking about perhaps adding 4th specs for classes since Druid already has one?

I like unholy, I like wielding my big Rune Sword and pounding things with the power of steel and shadow!

Now if they made a 4th spec, it was a pet spec, and maybe it used a ranged pet (most perm pets are melee except the water elemental and no one really uses the imp much). I would consider making a 2nd dk, but if they changed Unholy as it is it would make me unhappy...would make me feel almost like a plate wearing clone of my warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    ^ This

Weren't they talking about perhaps adding 4th specs for classes since Druid already has one?

I like unholy, I like wielding my big Rune Sword and pounding things with the power of steel and shadow!

Now if they made a 4th spec, it was a pet spec, and maybe it used a ranged pet (most perm pets are melee except the water elemental and no one really uses the imp much). I would consider making a 2nd dk, but if they changed Unholy as it is it would make me unhappy...would make me feel almost like a plate wearing clone of my warlock.
    I'd love to see this as a fourth spec. I'd assume there would be multiple summonable pets, normal ghoul, cryptfiend, lich, etc
    If a fourth spec was based on necromancy, I think it would be awesome to mimic the demo lock imp summoning; have Necro DK attacks have a chance to summon skeletons (either melee, or if blizz is worried about melee clutter archer skeletons).

this would be an awesome spec to add, but in the end I agree, I wouldn't want to see them get rid of unholy for this, unless they just added 30-40 yards to all the unholy melee attacks and left the play style exactly the same.

No, I really like being a melee casterish spec, but unholy and DW simplefrost really fulfill this for me and I don't really want them to change

10+ Year Old Account
    I could imagine cadaveric grasp, a ranged root/snare
    and hands coming out of the ground for a slow or something.
    choosing between a ghoul or a gargoyle, even a necrolyte or an abomination.
    cd summon a frostywyrm!! yeah boi
    and a disease that costs rp, initially 30 but increases more depending on how much more RP you use
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

From day one I've wished unholy was a ranged dps spec, but it will never happen. Bliz won't risk alienating an entire spec with such a fundamental change.

The problem with DKs, IMO, since they were originally designed to tank or dps in all 3 specs, all 3 specs were created so similar to balance things. Stack diseases, one attack of each rune or combo of runes, energy dump, and CDs. The problem was somewhat alleviated when blood was made the tanking spec, but frost and unholy still feel so similR to me.

Realistically the change would just be cosmetic, they'd of course just rebalance them to be range, but it would take a lot of work. And obviously how fun it would be is hugely subjective. Frankly I just thought it would be cool and an interesting twist for the class more than anything.

It would be cool but may be close to lock play. Maybe remove dots and debuffs, add more minions?

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    Don't worry guys! I'm sure Celestalon will fix Unholy along with Frost!!!
    Celestalon is to busy trying to argue with Riggs to fix anything that actually matters.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

Deleted
    I like the current playstyle, would rather not be a ranged spec

Quote Originally Posted by Maw View Post
    From day one I've wished unholy was a ranged dps spec, but it will never happen. Bliz won't risk alienating an entire spec with such a fundamental change.
    I used to have similar thoughts, then WoD beta happened and fury, arms and frost were destroyed and we were told "you'll get used to it".

Ranged Unholy? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I used to have similar thoughts, then WoD beta happened and fury, arms and frost were destroyed and we were told "you'll get used to it".
    Perhaps...but it's not like they said to Arms, Fury, or Frost, give me that sword you can use a bow or hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    ^ This

Any source for this?