Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Runemaster profession?

Which profession do you think lends itself better to a display of runic knowledge, jewelcrafting or enchanting?

Here's what I've got on the scoreboard so far:

Enchanting:
    Put the runes right on the armor/weapons
    Weapon runes show actual effects

Jewelcrafting:
    Put the runes onto the gems, which go into armor
    Wider array of runic patterns (more gem cuts than enchants)

I just want others' input This character is a runemaster, and I'd like the profession to reflect that
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Inscription? Thats built around inscribing your shoulders and making glyphs.

Scribes weave words of power into glyphs that can improve heroes' skills and abilities, and add special effects not possible by normal means. By transferring their powers into ink, scribes can also create consumable scrolls, mystic tomes, and pieces of vellum that allow enchantments to be passed between adventurers. Like Enchanting, Inscription can help veteran adventurers further improve themselves - but inscriptions focus on augmenting class powers, not equipment.
    Scribes need pigments, milled from herbs, to create their glyphs - hence, Inscription is often paired with the gathering profession Herbalism. Scribes also require inking sets in order to write their words of power.
    - from Blizzard (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/profession/inscription)
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with inscription is, yes, you can inscribe your shoulders, but that's it. Glyphs aren't really "runes" (though some could definitely be played off as such), but enchanting and jewelcrafting are most definitely a good avenue to show the effects of a rune pattern
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

I think Inscription was released with Wrath BECAUSE it refers to runes and runeblades. The icons for the glyphs themselves are pretty much runes.
    There's also no reason to assume that the way glyphs work ISN'T by inscribing runes onto armour or weapons.

Maybe an Inscription/Enchanting combo?