Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Well it kind of funny that a mighty company such as Blizzard is so easy to shutdown like clogging the toilet.
    Umm... Sophisticated DDOS attacks have crippled systems more secure than better funded than Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Well it kind of funny that a mighty company such as Blizzard is so easy to shutdown like clogging the toilet.

Taking internet's abusive anonymous nature into consideration, If this was so easy to pull of then we would see blizzard getting shutdown by angsty teenagers much more often then we do see today. The scarity of such events leads me to believe that perhaps it takes a tiny bit more than just few script kiddie google searches to shutdown multi-million website services.
    Blizzard has fairly good DDOS protection. Just like Microsoft does. (They actually complimented Microsoft on Twitter.) They are clogging all the isps in route who don't spend a million dollars to curb these attacks. It effectively does the same thing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Kundica View Post
    Umm... Sophisticated DDOS attacks have crippled systems more secure than better funded than Blizzard.
    Agreed.

I like to believe that Blizzard hire the best people they can.

If you assume that to be true then there would be reasons why Blizzard's Network team was up all night combating this threat.

If it were a simple as "clogging a toilet" then they would of had the situation resolved much quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    what do these nerdy DDOS'ers have to gain from flooding the blizzard systems. Like why bother.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what do these nerdy DDOS'ers have to gain from flooding the blizzard systems. Like why bother.
    Bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That guy is such an asshole, I hope he gets cancer and AIDS mixed together.
    Seriously, how big of a douche do you have to be to think that you're awesome because you can run a script and fuck a bunch of shit up for everybody?
    It's not even funny that how far people can curse when they can't play their favorite game 7/24...

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record and a quick bump, Lizard Squad has closed shop, and apparently the Feds have popped a couple of them already.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?