Thread: Germany spying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Of course they do, it's funny because of their reaction to the U.S. Still though the U.S. just got that reaction, because it's the U.S. Everyone loves to harp on about how awful the tyrannical American empire is, so Germany spying on other countries and being hypocritical will never get the same reaction. Spying is a healthy part of every countries national defense, a country that doesn't keep an eye on what its neighbors are doing is just inviting trouble.
    Strawman......
    No one has had a problem with the US spying... No one....
    The problem is not, nor ever was the spying, it's the damn magnitude that set the US apart from everyone else.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Uhm....... and?
    The fuck is wrong with your logic processing?
    Action causes Reaction....

Germany found out that the NSA breached the level of trust, and got into defense mode over it. That's totally normal.
    You find out that your lover cheated on you.. You still give them the unconditional trust? I don't think so....
    It says this happened in 2013? Wasn't that before everything came to light?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    so?
    everyone spies on everyone else.
    even more so if they say otherwise.
    This. Stop being suprised guys. lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

German politicians are fools? More news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Still though the U.S. just got that reaction, because it's the U.S. .
    Don't be ridiculous they'd already be bombing the Iran since months if they'd have been caught with that surveillance or you'd already have a shitton of sanctions if it was from somewhere in the east. That martyr crap is ridiculously misplaced there.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-08-19 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    It says this happened in 2013? Wasn't that before everything came to light?
    Pretty sure internal intelligence has knowledge earlier than the public. Plus, this incidence was said to be an isolated accident, like Kalis pointed out.
    Also appears that the German govt. plays with open cards there by passing the information on to the US as to what they've had.

Ravenblade mentioned the upset German public regarding the NSA's spying on the German population, and how little the German govt. seem to care about that aspect.
    The background - from what we all are told by the governments - is the close monitoring of data and information that gets exchanged cross Atlantic. Let's not forget, German territory plays a role with the 9/11 attack. Al Qaeda was able at the time to set camp up in Hamburg, Germany, and the planning stages of the later attack have evaded the authorities. Since then, times changed and the governments monitoring the data exchange. And we're just happen to not live in the 1900s anymore, where information was transported via cables, and AM waves.... We're in high tech times and the information travels via satellites. Those get monitored. Spied out, if you will. So it's rather normal how you catch things you either shouldn't or possible don't even want to catch.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-summons...-business.html

Anyone else see this? Anyone else laughing as much as me?

On one hand, certainly yes.

On the other hand, the two mouthiest critics of the USA in the "Innenausschusses des Deutschen Bundestages" (most important parlamentary group involved with counter-terrorism, agencies and national security) are/were Ströbele, convicted felon as an accomplice to murder and terrorism, and Edathy, avid collector of nude pictures of 8 year old boys. When you see that one of the more important countries in Europe relies on America-haters, nutjobs and criminals when it comes to national security, it kinda stops being funny real fast.

Germany is unwilling, unable or both to deal with threats to its security and relies heavily on support from US agencies and Mossad. The moron politicians throwing a tantrum after discovery of US agencies actually doing their job should face some minor terrorist activity in their constituencies, would be a nice wake-up call.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Perhaps you should look up Germany's reaction to American spying.

I have nothing against Gemany spying. I'm just laughing at the hypocrisy.
    Spying on foreign governments and large corporations is common, spying on common foreign citizens(all of them, not a select few that make themselves noticeable by causing problems) is probably only done by america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

This was to be expected to be honest considering how silent the government initially had been, it only escalated after the public pressure became too much and they had to make a statement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You must be pretty young I suppose.....
    Up until less than 5 yrs ago, spying was business as usual. No one gave a flying fuck about it. It was a side anecdote in the news, and once in a while caught spies got peacefully exchanged, and the public learned about that too in a rather small anecdote message.
    It essentially changed with the exposure of the NSA's actions..... That blew everything known to date out of the ballpark.
    It made/makes the cold war default actions look like child's play.
    Naw i'm not that young, though I suppose I am compared to some on this site, my point was that, this has gone on since forever, whenever someone catches one, you get a bit of hoo hah in the news, and thats that, most of the time they don't get caught so we don't know about it. I get your point though, it definately seems that the NSA has spying more into the public awareness therefore it gets more time on the news.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2014-08-19 at 02:16 PM.

Snowden didn't exactly uncover anything new tbh and the public outcry after his leaks was mostly a result of blissful ignorance. If I remember correctly, the US made headlines back in 2010 for spying here in the Nordic region. ;P

Major spy scandal as five Scandinavian governments catch the U.S. watching their citizens
    By Mail Foreign Service
    Updated: 15:36 GMT, 15 November 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3AqZqWtoJ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Most countries that got the capability will spy. Thats just how it is.

The only real news as far as my country goes was FRAs(Swedish agency) close co-operation with the NSA.
    As one can read here... ;P
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-relations.pdf
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-08-19 at 02:17 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks that it is wrong and or uncommon to spy on their allies is incredibly naive *cough* Wildtree *cough*

It is a common and longstanding practice. Has always gone on - always will go on. Also, no intelligence agency worthy of the name shares everything it finds. Not even with its closest allies. They keep the juiciest bits to themselves for future power plays or sometimes for plain old national defense.

The thing with espionage is that while everyone does it, it is considered one of the great political faux pas to actually get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Spying on foreign governments and large corporations is common, spying on common foreign citizens(all of them, not a select few that make themselves noticeable by causing problems) is probably only done by america.
    Ever heard of the 5 eyes? To say nothing of countries like China and Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Snowden didn't exactly uncover anything new tbh and the public outcry after his leaks was mostly a result of blissful ignorance. If I remember correctly, the US made headlines back in 2010 for spying here in the Nordic region. ;P
    He provided a PROOF and that's important. Even back then there were people saying "no way, why would they do that, stop spouting your conspiracy theories". Now they can't do that. They have to face the truth.