Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Chilton: Kil'Jaeden not in this expansion, only two WoD Raid tiers planned...

German MMO fansite "buffed.de" had two long interview with Chilton at Gamescon in Cologne.
    The second part has two very interesting informations:

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...endary-1132902

"Johann Trasch: Also gibt's vielleicht nur zwei Raid-Tiers und eine neue Erweiterung nach einem, eineinhalb Jahren?
    Tom Chilton: Jap. In der Theorie. Die Praxis könnte anders aussehen."
    translation:
    "Johan Trasch: So maybe only two Raid-Tiers and a new Expansion after one, one and a half year?
    Tom Chilton: Yep, In theorie. In practice this could look different"

I hope they will release the video of the interview soon, right now I only found the translated version.

So we get an Oger Raid with Orc flavour and then an Orc raid with Legion flavour...

He also mentioned that we will see Kairoz again.

When asked about the other legendary beside the legendary ring he said that Gorehowl could become a legendary 2 hand weapon for players and that Teron'gor is also a possiblity.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-19 at 02:31 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: MC -> BWL -> AQ40 -> Naxx
    BC: Kara -> SSC/TK -> Hyjal/BT -> Sunwell
    Wrath: Naxx -> Ulduar -> Toc -> ICC

Then we got used to 3. Cataclysm had 4 tiers planned, but plans changed (War of the Ancients, Abyssal Maw)

Cata: BWD/Bot -> Firelands -> DS
    MoP: HoF/ToeS -> ToT -> SoO

Now we're asked to accept 2 in lieu of supposedly faster expansions? Forgive my cynical heart, but I fear we may get 2 raid tiers and expansions not near as fast as they hope. Pretty much the worst of both worlds.

EDIT: This has been quoted quite a bit in this thread often times implying I'm forgetting raids or putting them in the wrong place. Not every raid in the game is listed here. I am counting tiers. That is all. I am trying to save space. I listed the backbone poster boy raids for each tier. Even if you didn't like a tier (ToC has come up a lot) doesn't mean it wasn't a tier. According to ilvl, every raid in this post is in the correct spot. Please don't quote this again to tell me I'm missing Gruul, EoE, Tot4W, MSV, etc.
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-08-21 at 12:53 AM.

At least the expansions will come out quicker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    After 5 expansions I'm slightly cynical when they say that :S

Your title is incorrect, you forgot "probably (not)" and "in theory".

What do you find interesting about this? Are you happy about it or sad? Are you just playing journalist and reposting without actually wanting a discussion on a forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Der Raid...... /neck hair raises.....

DIE Raid... Some things just hurt the eye
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Don't they promise this every time, and actually get worse?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

An expansion after 1.5 years would line up quite well with the Warcraft movie coming out in 2016. I wonder if they plan any kind of tie-ins between the two.

For the higher price. Kappa
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

They say this every year and ever year it is bullshit. I have no idea why people still buy this load of crap.

Deleted
    So on top of all the things that are cutted/removed and on top of the price increase we gettin one less raid tier and they are not even sure that next x-pac will come faster its only on theory man i am gettin pissed right now

10+ Year Old Account
    The bit about two raid tiers has already been brought up pretty much saying the same thing in English interviews as well. The plan is to try and make the expansion last only a bit over a year and have two raid tiers only which last 6-8 months each. Hard to say whether that will be a bad thing or a good thing... they want to release expansions faster, like they've been saying since Wrath, and if they actually did release an expansion already by the start of 2016, then I'd probably be okay with it.

If they fuck it up and make only two tiers, which end up lasting over a year for a tier or something like SoO... then yeah, that'll kill the game. Hopefully now that they have their 80 new team members up to speed, they know what they're doing. But we'll see...

He does say it's only the theory though. If the expansion isn't progressing as fast as they hope, he doesn't rule out having a third tier (like Sunwell was, I guess!)

The Kil'Jaedan part is news to me though. Interesting to see it almost-confirmed he won't be the Legion's big bad this time around, especially with Mannoroth killed off. Though it doesn't rule out plenty of other legion baddies that weren't mentioned. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    He also mentioned that we will see Kairoz again.
    We do, yeah. Already knew that part.

Massive spoilers, click at own risk: Garrosh kills him in Nagrand

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    An expansion after 1.5 years would line up quite well with the Warcraft movie coming out in 2016. I wonder if they plan any kind of tie-ins between the two.
    When the story behind WoD was announced, the cynical part of me immediately thought that Metzen's Blizzcon trailer speech was totally "prep" for the Warcraft movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post

Then we got used to 3. Cataclysm had 4 tiers planned, but plans changed (War of the Ancients, Abyssal Maw)

Now we're asked to accept 2 in lieu of supposedly faster expansions? Forgive my cynical heart, but I fear we may get 2 raid tiers and expansions not near as fast as they hope. Pretty much the worst of both worlds.
    It's worth noting that only three were originally planned for Wrath as well. ToC was an interim, rush job when it became apparent that ICC would not be finished in a timely manner.

However what you're leaving out of the equation is that the game has become far more diverse content-wise. Vanilla was just raids and raids only and every new xpac has subsequently brought more new stuff to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    Not sure how they would do a tie in. The movie is based off of the First War I believe. It will have Lothar, Durotan, and Medivh. So unless we are going back in time after WoD then maybe but I dont see that happening( again just my opinion)
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Blizzcon: "OH wow WOD looks amazing, I can't wait for this!"

Garrisons available only in one zone "Aww FSS I was looking forward to a garrison in Nagrand, oh well still got Karabour"

Capital cities no longer in Karabour and BSC - not enough time: "Oh ffs that sucks"

Tannan jungle not to make release " meh fair enough I can understand 1 zone not making it."

Faralohn cut from expansion "FFS...."

Only 2 raid tiers: "................."

Why has the expansion price and subscription gone up again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...at least Hearthstone is fun :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Der Raid...... /neck hair raises.....
    DIE Raid... Some things just hurt the eye
    It's "der Raid" in German. Raid is "male".
    http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Raid
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-19 at 02:33 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account

Chilton answered cryptic. He didn't confirm, he didn't deny.
    He was just being a Blizzard official answering questions for which they don't want to give an answer at all...

Plus... If we learn one thing from the past to current expansion... The tier releases have been way too fast.
    The measuring stick for the pace of an expansion release should not be the top raiders, but instead the vast majority of the players. With that said, every tier released in MoP had a good 2 more month life in them. Now if they can really pull it off to release a new expansion earlier than before (which of course I doubt), then 2 tiers properly spread out, would be okay.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."