Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did I read it right?
    1)The plan is for now to have +2 raids after the WoD first tier? I mean like MoP had ToT and SoO.
    2)Or just have starting raid + final raid and expansion is done?

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    No they didn't <.<
    You are right i double checked it

Vanilla had 20 Dungeons and 4 Raids

BC had 16 Dungeons and 8 Raids

Wrath had 16 Dungeons and 9 Raids

Cata had 12 Dungeons and 6 Raids

MOP had 9 Dungeons (3 of them were Vanilla dungeons) and 5 Raids

I did not realize MoP offered 50% of what Burning Crusade offered. It kind of makes sense considering content stopped being developed for MOP 50% through the expansion.

Good. I hope raiding dies.

Then they can spend some time putting in actual content which can be enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    At least the expansions will come out quicker?
    Which is sad because it is not going to be as enjoyable

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    "Johan Trasch: So maybe only two Raid-Tiers and a new Expansion after one, one and a half year?
    Tom Chilton: Yep, In theorie. In practice this could look different"
    For once, I'm actively hoping it doesn't work out.

If there's one thing that's clearly just trying to grab the $40 and say "screw you" to players, it's yearly expansions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by newpower View Post
    So on top of all the things that are cutted/removed and on top of the price increase we gettin one less raid tier and they are not even sure that next x-pac will come faster its only on theory man i am gettin pissed right now
    They haven't cut anything. They aren't taking a raid tier out. They where talking about the time between the expansion if it got to the point of MoP they wouldn't add another and process the new expansion before so we don't eat 14 months of no content again.... Get the info before getting all QQ mode. calm your titties

Deleted
    A yearly expansion is fine if it is half the price of today's expansions and contains at least as much as half a standard expansion. Otherwise bye bye, it'll become really to expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Good. I hope raiding dies.

Then they can spend some time putting in actual content which can be enjoyed.
    Yep, because raiding has never been actual content. Totally not a driving force for the game or anything, right? I do realize that the majority of players don't raid, but raids are still a very large part of the story and a cumulative point of skill for - wait for it - playing the game.

The Unexpansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    The Unexpansion.
    Not yet. This is still a good expansion.

But if they rush the next one out in a year, while we're still enjoying WoD, and it offers nothing new...

Yeah, Unexpansion will become a thing.

Deleted
    3rd raid tier would cost a raid tier...

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    So because they're only doing two tiers this round means that obviously they are skipping the good middle-tier raid. The logic is infallible! You do know Ulduar was under construction before Wrath was even released, right? Part of why they remade Naxx and did several one-boss raids. They're not skipping anything if it wasn't planned in the first place. You're not going to lose your Ulduar 2.0 just because there is only two tiers. Maybe by limiting it to two tiers, they can actually focus on making them good rather than filler bullshit.
    You're joking, right?

Of course the middle raid is being skipped. It's certainly not the end raid.

An expansion tells stories. WoD is going to be one damn short and superficial story. The middle raids (SSC, Tempest Keep, Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder) have always told an interesting story so far, fitting into the theme of the expansion while going a bit off the beaten path, not focusing directly on the endboss. This has always been very nice. Now this is going to go away. Expansions will have much shorter and superficial stories now, and you'll have to pay more for that. Yeah, it's beyond BS. I guess Bobby Kotick needs a new island or two.

What? It's total BS! We have to wait for WOD for 14 months (making SOO twice as expensive in terms of sub fee paid for it), pay 50$ for it and it will be also the smallest xpack in Wow's history? Lol... Man... What a cash grab... Do you still think, preordering WOD for 50$ was good idea? With all that extra sub fees, they grabbed from 6-7 months delay for free, and if we'll take into account tiny size of this xpack, they really should offer it for free.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-08-19 at 06:23 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    You're joking, right?

Of course the middle raid is being skipped. It's certainly not the end raid.

An expansion tells stories. WoD is going to be one damn short and superficial story. The middle raids (SSC, Tempest Keep, Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder) have always told an interesting story so far, fitting into the theme of the expansion while going a bit off the beaten path, not focusing directly on the endboss. This has always been very nice. Now this is going to go away. Expansions will have much shorter and superficial stories now, and you'll have to pay more for that. Yeah, it's beyond BS. I guess Bobby Kotick needs a new island or two.
    Best thing about the middle tier was it was DIFFERENT.

Take Ulduar for example. You'd spent months fighting Scourge through the leveling and first tier, and you ended spending a year fighting more Scourge. But in the middle you had this wonderful diversion of Titan stuff to make the Scourge feel fresh again.

Now you have 1-2 years of ORCS, ORCS, ORCS, AND MORE IRON ORCS! I guarantee you, by the time world first Grom kills roll in, everyone will be bored of the expansion and leaving WITHOUT killing Grom. Because they burnt out on Orcs after 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 and 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Vanilla: MC -> BWL -> AQ40 -> Naxx
    BC: Kara -> SSC/TK -> Hyjal/BT -> Sunwell
    Wrath: Naxx -> Ulduar -> Toc -> ICC

Then we got used to 3. Cataclysm had 4 tiers planned, but plans changed (War of the Ancients, Abyssal Maw)

Cata: BWD/Bot -> Firelands -> DS
    MoP: HoF/ToeS -> ToT -> SoO

Now we're asked to accept 2 in lieu of supposedly faster expansions? Forgive my cynical heart, but I fear we may get 2 raid tiers and expansions not near as fast as they hope. Pretty much the worst of both worlds.
    MSV? Wasn't there some Troll raid in BC?

With hardmode raiding strictly for hardcore guilds now that 10s are dead, I'm not surprised to see their raid plans being scaled back.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    At least the expansions will come out quicker?
    Come out quicker? Maybe, but also at a higher cost than usual. We're not getting the same expansions we got at that higher price either, we're getting roughly half the content. Essentially, we're getting what we used to, but at $100 price point instead of $40 like expansions used to cost.

Signs of a dying game and a company trying to milk that last bit out of the teat of a old, dying cow.

They recruited more people to develop less content?

- - - Updated - - -

@Chaud will we have proper translated article on MMO-Champ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    They recruited more people to develop less content?
    Blizzard logic.

"We have 80 new people. Instead of ensuring we can develop raids and avoid another year-long raid, let's just develop faster expansions."

Really what bugs me about this is they seemed to have it spot on with WoD. They wanted it out 6 months ago, which would have left SoO about 7-8 months instead of 14.

1.5-years, 3 tiers. It's perfect.

Now they want to jump straight from 2-years to 1-year, and it's not gonna work without forcing it to work. And given the amount of cut content for WoD just to get it out in November, they seem very willing to cut more stuff to make it in 1-year.