Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    In the following, content releases are shown as red lines. I didn't show rogues because things get cluttered, and I want to showcase exactly where our top performers were at in comparison to the line that rogues, mages, and warlocks have been at from top performers throughout the expansion.

Default spec score for top 100 parses of Mages, Warlocks, and Hunters throughout this expansion.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...00000000000000

Average dps score for top 100 parses of Mages, Warlocks and Hunters throughout this expansion.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...00000000000000

Now, I'm not in a top 100 guild. I won't be in a top guild in Mythic because I simply don't have the time to commit to that kind of thing with my career anymore. Even when we were middle of the pack in peak dps potential (as hunters), I was still top 5 dps in my guild on most fights because my guild, though 14/14H now, is a bunch of underachieving dorks. That doesn't mean that hunters were not in a rough spot during progression (the first 2-3 months of a content release) throughout each tier. Your own anecdotal evidence is similarly useless.
    That website is outdated it takes logs from world of logs which is garbage now and still 12 months later doesn't even record the last 3 bosses in SoO. Not to mention all the bugged logs. It ok for the first 2 tiers but still

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    That website is outdated it takes logs from world of logs which is garbage now and still 12 months later doesn't even record the last 3 bosses in SoO. Not to mention all the bugged logs. It ok for the first 2 tiers but still
    I would love for epeenbot, raidbot, proraiders, wow-heroes, etc. to use Warcraftlogs. We still maintain both World of Logs and Warcraftlogs in my guild, though, I use Warcraftlogs when analyzing my raiders. The truth is that there are way more tools using World of Logs than Warcraftlogs due to it simply being around longer and having been integrated into these tools for years.

All that being said, most top guilds with people vying for top 100 parses have both logs going (if they have public logs at all). As for bugged logs, they're not the majority of the top 100 or anything, and certainly are not the majority within first 2 months of progression when people are gearing. So, it's worth noting, to an extent. Are you claiming that if I just would have looked at Warcraftlogs instead, then hunters wouldn't have been middle-of-the-pack in dps potential? Because Simcraft was clearly stating where we were in comparison to others as well, and it bore out in the raidbots scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Bontar View Post
    The encounters were fun in BC but Hunters were awful. Our optimal rotation consisted of making a macro and spamming one button as fast as we could. To anyone wanting to go back to that, all I can say is nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
    You can still make a macro and spam one button as a Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    You will do terrible dps but ok, I guess it can technically work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    You will do terrible dps but ok, I guess it can technically work.
    So just like it was in BC then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    lol no self respecting hunter would do that. people still wonder why we get called huntards from time to time lol
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-08-21 at 06:22 PM.

Survival is on par or even better than Beast Master single target now. It's still terrible to play though, and BM has ludicrously better AOE. At least this is how it's playing out for me since the latest build. Many, if not most, of the fights this tier have lots of AOE so BM is clearly the winner. Which is good, honestly, as it's the only spec that actually has any rhyme or reason to it anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I heard this tuning pass was single target only. They haven't tuned AoE yet so good chance a large disparity there won't stay that way.

I'll still play BM as my main specc on both my hunters
    have done since BC and will continue to do so untill the day i quit for good.

i don't think blizz will bother changing anything if BM becomes the dominant specc, they didn't when frost mages were the bomb.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    From the looks of things, mechanics changes are final. We are starting number tunes now. Every hunter forum on every website has mass topics on how bad survival and marksman are with not a single tweak in the right direction by blizz. I'm guessing after the complete first tier of wod raids they "might" own up to their mistakes. Then they will say "we didn't have enough people testing it in beta" Lmao. So what's your opinion. Do you think survival and marksman rotations will be fixed before live?
    They will say HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bontar View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I heard this tuning pass was single target only. They haven't tuned AoE yet so good chance a large disparity there won't stay that way.
    Unless I glanced at the notes too quickly, they've actually substantially nerfed Survival AOE in this latest build (lowering Serpent Sting damage by ~25%). Why, lol you tell me. Sure, they may end up also taking down BM AOE, but it would have to be a tremendously monstrous reduction at this point (and there are already a lot of specs out there with way better aoe than BM) to get them even.

Since, clearly, they're not intending to improve Surv's AOE dps, you should really just hope they don't mess with BMs. While you could I suppose argue reducing ST damage is part of single target tuning, they could have found a way that wouldn't so strongly interfered with AOE.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    if i only had 1 cent for every post made by a random dude on the internet complaining about damage when a game isn't yet in open beta

they're still dealing with ability bloating and mechanics, how can you possibly imagine they care about something almost impossible to predict (because they might completely rework abilities) at the moment but so easy to change when you have enough data? Working on damage now would be nothing but wasted workforce time

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    if i only had 1 cent for every post made by a random dude on the internet complaining about damage when a game isn't yet in open beta

they're still dealing with ability bloating and mechanics, how can you possibly imagine they care about something almost impossible to predict (because they might completely rework abilities) at the moment but so easy to change when you have enough data? Working on damage now would be nothing but wasted workforce time
    hahahAHHAHAHAHA wat

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    With how many contests/stream giveaways there are....it pretty much is open beta. LOL. Or MoP beta 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Even if it's the top spec and you're on the cutting edge of progression? We're all free to play whatever we want, however, the top echelon of players will maximize our output by playing the best spec for the encounter. No matter which spec.
    even then i hate mm so much only palyed it when i was "forced" in to it back in icc and absolutly hated every aspect of the spec i wont go back to it

Even if BM will technically be the spec that has potential to be the best one for hunters, I doubt there will be a very notable difference.

Blizzard finally make petless hunter an option then removes viability from the two specs who can pick the talent. TROLOLOLOLOL !

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Everyone Slot is an expert on game design, programming and Blizzard in general, please stop trying to say he's wrong.
    What do you know about design? And who said anything about programming. Those are different beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    Blizzard finally make petless hunter an option then removes viability from the two specs who can pick the talent. TROLOLOLOLOL !
    Pretty much this. The whole 100 talent set is fucked. They can't fucking balance things that are so different.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Personally find Marks to be terrible from a design view due to it being stripped to 3 buttons and none of the talents adding any complexityor fun like they did for Arms who was similarly stripped but given neat talent options to "build your own gameplay."

Marks on the beta comes down to pretty brainless 1-1-2 spamming with Chimaera not used during CA/RF and the talents you have the option of picking up have zero gameplay interaction beyond being a bland fire and forget cooldown or a passive. I don't see anything fun about playing what comes down to being a Wotlk Arcane Mage.
    MM kinda seems like they stripped it down to 3 buttons and whether you are good or not depends on how well you manage Sniper Training