Deleted

Will Orgrimmar get revamped???

So uhm, I'm not sure if this topic was already submitted but here it goes.

Since we all know Vol'Jin is the new warchief of the Horde and our current raid conent (soO) is basically attack on Orgrimnar I think there should be revamp of the Orgrimmar.

I know there would be many Alliance fans complaining if this happens but to be honest it would be the logic thing to do since we actually Sieged the Orgrimmar and it would of been stupid if nothing was destroy during the Siege. I'm not saying the Orgrimmar should get full revamp like it did in Cata but some houses and other things should be broken or destroy. They should at least make it look like war happend there.

And yeah there is also one more reason why Orgrimmar should get revamped and that is Vol'Jin.
    With every new warchief, leader or what ever you want to name it there are changes, every leader "employees their own trust worthy lads" so I think there should be more trolls in orgrimmar or something.

or maybe, this could be okeish thing to do is to give Horde old Orgrimmar back.
    The reason for that could be: "Vol'Jin wants to honour Thrall and he wants everything it used to be".

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    They already replaced Garrosh with Vol'Jin and all the guards are now trolls. No point to revamp the whole city.

It's always good to project the effects of war into the world but the real question is how much time are we going to spend in Orgrimmar throughout expansion. I very much doubt they would spare resources for it.

I doubt it, it just got revamped in Cataclysm, it wouldnt make much sense to spend resource on revamping somthing already revamped and unnecessary. And no announcement of a revamp.

Sadly, old Orgrimmar was destroyed by the fire elementals before the Cataclysm. You aren't ever going to get it back like it used to be. The new Orgrimmar is better suited to handle things like fire at the sacrifice of looking more grim and less primal.

The sheer amount of resources poured into making the new Orgrimmar probably prevents Vol'jin from just tearing it all down and throwing back up the sticks, mud and animal skins that made up the old. That and he probably has a lot more to worry about than the aesthetics of the capital. He did replace the Korkron guards with regular orc, tauren and troll guards so that's a start.

I do remember fondly the days of hanging out in between the bank and auction house looking up at the DARK night sky and watching the embers of the fires dance against the stars. Maybe soon we'll get our night sky back and we can recapture a little of the old feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Sadly, old Orgrimmar was destroyed by the fire elementals before the Cataclysm. You aren't ever going to get it back like it used to be. The new Orgrimmar is better suited to handle things like fire at the sacrifice of looking more grim and less primal.
    I just want my bank roof chilling spot back and I'll be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    They already replaced Garrosh with Vol'Jin and all the guards are now trolls. No point to revamp the whole city.
    I know that. I didn't mean they should revamp the whole city, just a little, after all War happend there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I doubt it, it just got revamped in Cataclysm, it wouldnt make much sense to spend resource on revamping somthing already revamped and unnecessary. And no announcement of a revamp.
    Well it did yeah, but isn't it kinda logic? It got revamped in cata since it was destroy by elementals. It should be changed a little at least now since war happend there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the upgrades to org were not done because of garrosh, they were done because org was literally being burnt to a crisp with the old wood buildings. Also nothing was destroyed during soo, most of the fighting was done in areas not previously known or outside org >.<

Not too long ago we discovered it had as many sub levels as an Umbrella substation. After the siege they should do something, but I am sure like many other things it is on some back burner never to be touched.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No it won't be, it takes too much to make a city

Deleted
    AFAIK a blue post said they're planning on doing it but not so drastic like it was in Cata. Just touch up a few spots and houses. The whole city is pretty good but there are too many empty areas to not call for a small revamp somewhere down the line. The goblin and troll area is just awful and pointless for one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    AFAIK a blue post said they're planning on doing it but not so drastic like it was in Cata. Just touch up a few spots and houses. The whole city is pretty good but there are too many empty areas to not call for a small revamp somewhere down the line. The goblin and troll area is just awful and pointless for one.
    Yeah this is what I'm hoping for.

I would love to see Orgrimmar made in the same style as garrison and Warspear. They look far more Hordeish when compared to this ugly, metalic crap Garrosh build.

They need to revamp Gamon; haven't seen him at all so far in beta. I must know what he's up to now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    They need to revamp Gamon; haven't seen him at all so far in beta. I must know what he's up to now!
    You can get Gamon in your garrison.

Link: http://wod.wowhead.com/news=242639/w...nd-ashran-hub-
    Last edited by Nexsa; 2014-08-20 at 10:08 AM.

They better not revamp Org in WoD. The Alliance has been waiting since Cataclysm to have their city fixed.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    You can get Gamon in your garrison.

Link: http://wod.wowhead.com/news=242639/w...nd-ashran-hub-
    also "Canon is that he survived, and is called Hero of Orgrimmar. You'll find him drinking upstairs in Org Inn, with a lady friend." i assume they mean Gamon

Technically Orgimmar should suffer some siege damage from its own internal war and the alliance assault, there should be warglaves impaled into the front gate with the gate itself shattered into pieces laying around the entrance.

There's also signs that there should be men trying to clean up the grisly Garrosh trophies laying everywhere aka: tortured prisoners and dead victims so the entire valley of strength should basically look like a giant sacrificial altar that's being tidied up after it was purged of Garrosh followers.

Essentially if blizzard wasn't lazy and unlikely will do this because they'd never touch anything Horde related outside Camp Taurajo, then lore wise, Orgrimmar is supposed to be #Rekt right now.