Deleted

F9 and F10 not working on Razer Blackwidow

The F9 and F10 key doesn't work on the Razer Blackwidow 2014. These keys are used for Gaming mode and Macro mode. I have installed the latest driver etc.
    Is there maybe a way to assign these keys in Razer Synapse 2.0? If so how can I do this?

- - - Updated - - -

bumperino bump

http://www.keyboardtester.com/

If it doesn't register a keystroke there, you are probably screwed. Razer quality as usual.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post

If it doesn't register a keystroke there, you are probably screwed. Razer quality as usual.
    Lol those testimonials are complete bullshit.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Lol those testimonials are complete bullshit.
    It's definitely... a website!

Check for any programs that might be using those keys.

I had my ASUS GPU Tweak set to switch profiles with Ctrl+Alt+1-4. And on my keyboard layout Ctrl+Alt+2-4 are: @£$. Thus I couldn't get my PC to input those 3 symbols through ANY means until I rebound the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    It's definitely... a website!

My favorite part...

KeyboardTester.com is 100% guaranteed to probably work with most keyboards and several browsers. That's the KeyboardTester.com 100% Guarantee™.1

1 KeyboardTester.com 100% Guarantee™ has a margin of error of 43%.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Check for any programs that might be using those keys.

I had my ASUS GPU Tweak set to switch profiles with Ctrl+Alt+1-4. And on my keyboard layout Ctrl+Alt+2-4 are: @£$. Thus I couldn't get my PC to input those 3 symbols through ANY means until I rebound the keys.
    This, I had the same issue once, different keys.

And all you Razer naysayers GTFO, you aren't providing anything positive to this. Some of us like Razer, mine works fine, been so for 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

And all you Razer naysayers GTFO, you aren't providing anything positive to this. Some of us like Razer, mine works fine, been so for 2 years.
    Some people like rape and murder, but does that mean we should allow it?

Is what I would have said, if I wanted to derail the thread further.

Razer "2014" keyboards is just overpriced trash.
    Their so called "new" switches is just re-branded poor quality Chinese copies of Cherry products, and yet keyboard cost exactly the same amount as previous versions with Cherry switches.

You can argue that "Kailh" is just manufacturer of these new "brilliant" switches but the truth is that there's no difference from their cheap Cherry copies except color.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

Just ignore them. One of the mods will probably see this and, if there's any needed action to be taken, they'll do so.

On the topic itself: I remember this happening to me back in 2012, and it was one of the programs that was causing it. Unfortunately I can't remember which program it was, but try looking around. If the keyboard itself is defective, and is still under warranty, contact Razer. That's all I got to say, and best of luck.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post

I tested this and my F9 and F10 works

- - - Updated - - -

Also I bought Razer because all those other great keyboards aren't available in Belgium (maybe some). And I don't want to buy a keyboard from another country because that would be annoying for warranty issues and shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shackkill View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also I bought Razer because all those other great keyboards aren't available in Belgium (maybe some). And I don't want to buy a keyboard from another country because that would be annoying for warranty issues and shipping costs.
    Try what tehterokkar suggested.

http://www.pixmania.be/nl/toetsenbor...1835325-a.html
    http://www.pixmania.be/nl/toetsenbor...9075011-a.html
    http://www.pixmania.be/nl/toetsenbor...1813567-a.html

Would all be better choices imo if you cant find a proper mechanical from Ducky, Das, or the like in Belgium
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    it's probably in function or program mode then, i don't remember how this is set on a blackwidow, so you'll need to rtfm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    Try what tehterokkar suggested.

http://www.pixmania.be/nl/toetsenbor...1835325-a.html
    http://www.pixmania.be/nl/toetsenbor...9075011-a.html
    http://www.pixmania.be/nl/toetsenbor...1813567-a.html

Would all be better choices imo if you cant find a proper mechanical from Ducky, Das, or the like in Belgium
    Isn't there an easy program to easy which shortcuts or something are bound to F9 and F10?

The F9 and F10 key doesn't work on the Razer Blackwidow 2014. These keys are used for Gaming mode and Macro mode. I have installed the latest driver etc.
    Is there maybe a way to assign these keys in Razer Synapse 2.0? If so how can I do this?

- - - Updated - - -

bumperino bump
    I know this is 2 years late. but something, if you still have the keyboard and are still having the issue, is go into Razer Synapse and check the key customization menu to see if F9 is set as a macro, disabled, or default. if its set to default, you're screwed. if it is on macro of disabled, obviously try setting it do default. i have a razer blackwidow 2014 edition myself and that happened to be what caused it for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tdmfan750 View Post
    I know this is 2 years late. but something, if you still have the keyboard and are still having the issue, is go into Razer Synapse and check the key customization menu to see if F9 is set as a macro, disabled, or default. if its set to default, you're screwed. if it is on macro of disabled, obviously try setting it do default. i have a razer blackwidow 2014 edition myself and that happened to be what caused it for me.
    this also worked for me, and kudos to big @tdmfan750 for dropping the solution in here, no matter how late it was