Deleted
    I don't get it, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I haven't actually noticed that about him. I think he's pretty smart and entertaining for the most part.

The main thing I just noted was that he's writing for the Escapist, which is one of the websites commonly cited for their social justice warrior stuff.

I don't think he had anything to do with it personally, but by association he does.

He said he might talk about it once the drama dies down, which I think is fair, because if he does so right now he's going to be censored by his employer OR he's going to get fired - possibly both. He really has no power here.
    Yes, I quite liked his gaming videos, when they were about gaming.

When he started talking about gender issues I realized he had no idea what he was talking about in that sphere. In fact, he even prefaced them with "I have no idea what I'm talking about", but then followed that up with a "BUT" and went on a deranged rant. I can't remember which video it was, but it was a while ago now.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't get it, what's the problem?
    You're confused as to what's wrong with lying, slandering people, destroying lives, and overall being a shitty person? If at this point you don't get it, I don't think anyone could explain it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Yes, I quite liked his gaming videos, when they were about gaming.

When he started talking about gender issues I realized he had no idea what he was talking about in that sphere. In fact, he even prefaced them with "I have no idea what I'm talking about", but then followed that up with a "BUT" and went on a deranged rant. I can't remember which video it was, but it was a while ago now.
    Well nowadays he talks quite honestly and brutally about the behaviour of both small and big developers and publishers; censoring information, exclusive deals with GameStop, Sony, Microsoft, the state of consoles, Resident Evil remakes and the like. I think it's pretty good.

He may have been an idiot in the past; I haven't got a clue. I like what he does at this time.

Jim Sterling has always been the blind chicken who sometimes finds the nugget. When he's insufferable idiot, there's barely anyone who can match him but sometimes, if rarely he can make good videos with great points.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    You're confused as to what's wrong with lying, slandering people, destroying lives, and overall being a shitty person? If at this point you don't get it, I don't think anyone could explain it to you.
    It happens all the time, I don't get what's so special about this case...I should have picked better wording. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is next level high school drama, holy shit.

Its more then that. Its the cancer that is plaguing the gaming industry. that is ever since that %@#%@# tried to tell penny arcade whats humor and whats not everything changed.

As a gay male...and as dickwolves was about men on men. i dont see what a female organization has to do with It.

As much as opening that particular can of worms is bad i feel its important.

However This is only the visible spectrum of the industry.

Remember the companies that bought the great video game companies of the 90s are not intrested in making video games they are intrested in profit.

Activision is Interested in profit before gaming.

Same thing with Electronic arts.

When your buy there games thats the kind of gaming world your supporting.

Your wallet is how you vote in the gaming industry.

You can Ethier vote for Games that Invigorate the industry and provide new Experiences or go back to X MMO and have the same retread. Modern MMO"s are not the next greatest thing in video gaming they are a Cancer on innovation, change and new gaming Experiences
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Damnit now I have to remember what I posted in the last thread. Whatever, TLDR: I think her screwing over a non-profit charity project for bullshit reasons ("how dare they want women to work for free") is worse than her sleeping with gaming journalists.
    Hilarious e-drama shitstorm though.

Totalbiscuit and Jontron have both been great during this. I wasn't even a huge fan but major kudos to them.
    http://gamesnosh.com/the-ugly-side-o...ndal-comments/
    http://i.imgur.com/EWAcqK1.png

Cheated wife tweets:
    Totally off topic but I was shocked when I saw the name Chloe there, as well as her last name. Never thought I would end up seeing someone I went to high school with in a thread on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'd call that "white-knighting" if anything, which ironically is a bit misogynistic if anything (if they really did come to her defense based on her gender).
    It may technically be a bit misogynist to the minority of legitimately fair minded feminists, but not to the hypocrites that give them a bad name. To try to shift the blame into the people mindlessly defending and hiding her pathetic actions is to ignore the greater issue. Those articles referenced in the video, talking about how unfairly women in the industry are treated and represented and whatnot, are not white knighting. All of this ties together the effects of radical feminism and political correctness on modern society.

The reason this is getting such a big backlash, despite being something fairly unremarkable on the surface, is that people are finally getting fed up with the hypocrisy behind it all. This woman is a skilled enough manipulator that she uses these trends as weapons. She played the innocent damsel in distress victim card so often used these days, while cheating her way to success, and using these trends and her sex favors to shut down any opposition. The people she slept with are equally accountable on the professional aspect of this, but her abuse of obnoxious social trends is why the spotlight is primarily on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when game developers made games rather than insulting each other over social media and caring what x,y,z people/reviews said? <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming journalism has never had even the slightest shred of integrity. We're talking about an industry where any review below 80% is considered to be the same as a 0%. It has always, always been about taking bribes and payoffs for reviews. Anyone remember the Kane & Lynch fiasco?

In this case, she was paying the journalists off with her pussy instead of money. That's really the only difference, she used a different currency.

The phrases "Integrity" and "Video Game industry" do not go hand in hand.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    TotalBiscuit is being reasonable. The hate he's getting over this is just ridiculous. Guess I'll go subscribe to his channel now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nobody's saying you should be prevented from calling her whatever names you want.

We're pointing out that your choice of labels says more about you than it does about her. If you don't want to give the impression that you're biased against women, don't use gender-biased phraseology in the first place.

Why do I have the feeling you would not be defender her if she was a male.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s4nmr1/?

My favorite part.

Chemo gives me less headaches than this stuff.
    But he is right. There is too much crap flying around on the internet to take this at face value. But with all the DMCA flagging and posts being deleted gives it credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm not in any way defending her actions. I've said she's a reprehensible person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wow, this is next level high school drama, holy shit.
    That's how her behavior comes across to me, too. It's what I'd expect from a teenager, and I doubt you'd see it outside of the indie scene, which is unfortunate. It's unprofessional and grody and nobody who would do such a thing should be the public face of a company, nor have a job as a mouthpiece or journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    He isn't defending her...

Your hatred is blinding you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    TotalBiscuit is being reasonable. The hate he's getting over this is just ridiculous. Guess I'll go subscribe to his channel now.

he got a lot more hate off them because he was well known. most of the people who coverered this so far were just smaller youtube channels, TB has a very large following and opened it up to the masses who follow him on twitter, they didn't like that. it was much easier to silence a small twitter account or take down asmall channels youtube video, was much harder for them to silence TB, so they just attacked him instead.

The kind of world we want gaming to be is how you vote with your wallet.

Do you vote for people who only care about the bottom line or who care about creating new things?
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready