Quote Originally Posted by Drugs-chan View Post
    But that's wrong. The problem isn't inherently Zoe or how fucked of a person she is, (and she totally is) but the fact this shit actually goes on. Then you have those same people spouting about how women are treated in the industry and then completely go against what they say by doing exactly what they speak against to get ahead in the industry. You have hard working people who do everything they can to get noticed in the gaming scene, then you have Zoe who just fucks her way to the top regardless of if her game is actually good or not.
    These words...I don't think they mean what you think they mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Zumacrume View Post
    Pretty clearly stated both are at fault. Plus those speaking out for feminism in gaming aren't only females but also some of those (male) journalists receiving the 'V'.

I'm also curious what the point of you responding to this same post you already responded to was.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-08-22 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been here since page 25, but an interesting angle I think you all are missing...you've decided this is a problem with Zoe's behavior and not that of the male game journalists.
    Had she been a student and they a teacher, would this be a thread about how terrible it is the female student slept with her teacher for good grades, or the teacher who slept with his student and gave the grade in turn?
    In a male-dominated business catering to a male-dominated customer base, it's easy to be sexist, but you have to fight against that! #Ihavefaithinyoubro
    In this scenario, the two are only hurting themselves. That is assuming that this is a college and both are adults. The woman is not learning what she needs to pass and the man is risking his job. What we have here with Zoe is that she is using a journalist to give a false review to better sell her game. That hurts consumers. And instead of owning up to it, she is soliciting others to silence people bringing this to light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I think they mean perfectly what they mean. So far all you have done is to make an unrelated comparision "BUT IF A MALE TEACHER GUY DID SOMETHING" and act like "It's capitalism learn it."

Seriously, it just feels like you're being a devil's advocate(A poor one at that) just to argue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I haven't been here since page 25, but an interesting angle I think you all are missing...you've decided this is a problem with Zoe's behavior and not that of the male game journalists.
    Had she been a student and they a teacher, would this be a thread about how terrible it is the female student slept with her teacher for good grades, or the teacher who slept with his student and gave the grade in turn?
    In a male-dominated business catering to a male-dominated customer base, it's easy to be sexist, but you have to fight against that! #Ihavefaithinyoubro
    wouldn't it be more along the lines of a female teacher sleeping with male students to get them to deal the other students that aren't following her absurd teaching?

Just came back to see how this thread was going, seems about the same. This topic was quite fun on /b/, /v/, and /pol/ today. I think the pictures that came out of this were the best hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Her head is so far up her own asshole that I'm surprised she's not on the list of people she's fucked.

I know that was crude and more personal than it should be, but fuck.
    No, that was perfect.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs-chan View Post
    The title alone just shows how fucking off everything is. "The Anti-Feminist Internet Targets 'Depression Quest' Game Creator Zoe Quinn"

Are you fucking serious.
    its VICE after all, they pretty much exist solely because of gonzo "journalism"

In both cases both people are in the wrong. Unless one rapes the other, two people who try and cheat a system are both in the wrong, regardless of gender. Let's put it this way, what if they were both women, what if they were both men, would that make what happened any less wrong? My opinion isn't "A woman slept with a man therefore bad", my opinion is, "Someone cheated and manipulated a system and other people were accomplices to that person." Trust was betrayed overall, and on top of that, there is a lot of mudslinging to try and shame all those trying to air out the dirty laundry. Those trying to put a misogynist spin on it, claiming that everyone condemning the actions of Zoe Quinn and those journalists are women haters in attempts to shut them up, are perfect examples of why either the feminist movement needs a serious revision. That, or those apart of the group interested in actual gender equality need to join the various gender equality movements, and let the feminist movement just fill up with the crazies that seem intent on flocking to it.
    I strongly advocate for social equality, because humans are humans, and competence at a task should be the requirement to do the task, not unrelated physical characteristics. People that try to use a movement that had once been for social equality of genders, decades ago, as a cover to up an agenda of gender inequality bother me to no end.
    All of that being said, for me the most suspicious and highest indicator of guilt for Zoey Quinn and various 'journalists' involved, is how viciously these people are personally attacking anyone who try to bring up a question on the matter, or even stay neutral. Anyone who is willing to shoot at someone who is not 'on their side' looks extremely guilty. The personal attacks against Totalbiscuit are a huge indication of guilt to me. TB said nothing that he hasn't said before, and he didn't say anything other than, "If someone did something bad, shame on them. If someone is spreading lies, shame on those people." When people throw personal attacks from every angle because someone basically just stated the obvious, that screams defensiveness on a level that is guilty. TB is a generally pleasant guy, and is often very careful about what he says, and isn't one to just jump on bandwagons. He understands public images, he understands legal implications, he understands what it means to have the trust and respect of an audience. He researches stuff carefully so he doesn't misinform because he understands his position. The kind of crap that has been thrown at him because he wasn't on 'their side' is entirely uncalled for, and that in an of itself should also be enough to earn Zoey Quinn and her 'friends' the gaming community's ire.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    FWIW, they have ties (specifically the person who wrote that article - PROFESSIONALISM HO! What was that about a conflict of interest?) to Zoe and have supported her before now. I'm not fucking surprised they have an article up condemning "slut shaming" as though it's perfectly reasonable to fuck, lie and manipulate your way through your professional life. They are doing everything they can to pull attention away from the real issues by putting the focus squarely on her vagina (and glossing over y'know, the attacking depressed virgins, destroying a women's charity game jam, and scamming funds for her own non-projects), then yelling that people shouldn't be focused on her gender. It's fucking laughable really that this shit actually happens.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-08-22 at 05:03 AM.

How is this thread still going on. A chick in game journalism slept with her boss's and or teachers to get promotions and good jobs / good grades. This is not a rare occurancy, iv seen it at every job iv had including the US ARMY. So do tell why we have 46 pages of bullshit on it?

Deleted
    http://polytroncorporation.com/

Phil Fish just got shit on. I don't even feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    How is this thread still going on. A chick in game journalism slept with her boss's and or teachers to get promotions and good jobs / good grades. This is not a rare occurancy, iv seen it at every job iv had including the US ARMY. So do tell why we have 46 pages of bullshit on it?
    It isn't just that. IT extends further. Right now censorship has occured on other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Ugh, I don't like the guy at all, but I don't think anyone deserves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I did point this out before and I do agree. Too much breath is being wasted on Zoe. What she deserves is to be ignored and ostracized. The anger should be aimed at the "journalists" themselves.

If the focus falls on Zoe, then the spin doctors will turn this into a misogyny thing and Zoe will come out as the brave victim, while the rest of the story will be quickly forgotten.

http://polytroncorporation.com/

Well dun goofed Mr. Fish.

That has to hurt.

P.S don't touch the download file, it has some nasty malware on it.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-08-22 at 05:18 AM.

This is why I said I am afraid for anyone who messes with 4chan. They have people capable of so much. The instant the decided to screw over 4chan to try and hide the truth was the instant they sealed their fate. I know someone said 4chan isn't an organization, but its still scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This is why I said I am afraid for anyone who messes with 4chan. They have people capable of so much. The instant the decided to screw over 4chan to try and hide the truth was the instant they sealed their fate. I know someone said 4chan isn't an organization, but its still scary.
    Well certain U.S government agencies already consider 4chan/anonymus to be cyber terror groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Apparently 4chan isn't claiming it, though I haven't done much digging. It could really be anyone.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-08-22 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well certain U.S government agencies already consider 4chan/anonymus to be cyber terror groups.
    Not even doubting that one bit. Its a weird place. It can be fun, or scary depending on if you get on their bad side. I stay away when possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently 4chan isn't claiming it, though I haven't done much digging.
    Well, the guy on that link you gave claims to be the head of /v/ and leader of 4chan.