Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Draenor getting massive queues again?

I was just wondering possibly why the server could be having massive queues all of a sudden. Blizz general Sub curve has been decreasing and unless thousands of people transferred over to draenor it is a bit weird. I was expecting to see this at the beginning of the expansion not the end. I haven't been playing wow for too long (started in cata FL) so is this what people have seen happen before? I heard somewhere that blizz may have reduced the server cap but who believes things they hear in general chat anyway. Is it like this for other servers too?

Sorry if im being a total idiot but it is just weird to see a 1200 queue all of a sudden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe "a large" bunch of players are just re-subbing and preparing things in advance to be ready for pre-patch/expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they're transferring to play Draenor on Draenor, be hip ya kno'.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I've experience an influx of players since trailer launch. Shrine's been insanely crowded this past week. Don't think there's anything wrong particularly with Draenor.

I'm not on Draenor but I heard this specific realm had seen a big influx of people all of a sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Not gonna lie, I get excited when the possibility of content on Kul Tiras as a zone arises because I'm on the Kul Tiras server
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well EU-Draenor is the server to be if you're into horde PVE.
    Just like EU-Silvermoon is for alliance PVE.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Yo, we heard you like Draenor, so we put some Draenor in your Draenor.

...sorry, had to

But in all seriousness, it sounds like people have some unfinished business with their toons before the expansion comes out.

Deleted
    They opened free character migration to Kilrog/Wildhammer. I checked those realms, they have almost 50% less players than Draenor (lvl 90 players mind you), and the factions balance is around 30-35 horde to 64-70 alliance. I also checked their AHs and due to connected realms they seem pretty fine (there aren't 50 pages of ghost iron ore, but you don't see overpriced stuff or lack of mats/enchants/items). I'm seriously considering xfering, I don't want another flood like it happened in WoD (and even more in cata, jeez vash was FULL).

Unless you're a raider, is there any purpose to stay in Draenor with the future group-finder and cross-realm additions in WoD ?

Could also be people resubbing for a little bit to make sure they register for the Azeroth Chopper mount. I plan to do that myself soon(and will do a few otehr things) then vanish again until WoD actually launches.

Keep in mind if you've always been on a big server, you may need to prepare yourself for server queues when WoD launchesm and you may have them for at least a few months.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    I was just wondering possibly why the server could be having massive queues all of a sudden. Blizz general Sub curve has been decreasing and unless thousands of people transferred over to draenor it is a bit weird.
    Not weird at all. It even kinda proves their claim that the vast majority of subs isn't lost in EU and US but in Asia instead. What you experience is the result of not many of your people going away on a heavy traffic server, combined with the first wave of new and returning players that subscribed in order to get their toons ready for WoD after the release date was revealed. You may see this as a positive sign for the current state of the game in your region.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

You are right, the other day I tried to log in and had about 400 in queue on a wednesday (I dont usually play on wed, so I wasnt alarmed). What puzzles me more is that if there is supposedly more players, the trade chat is MUCH quieter than it was before. Soo ye, I have no idea.

Deleted
    Maybe because Draenor is one of the only Full pop servers and people want to play with others, that's what I did from Terenas as that place is a ghost town now. Even with CRZ.

Kazzak EU is also getting queues for the past couple of weeks on certain nights.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Maybe because Draenor is one of the only Full pop servers
    One of the only? I just checked the realm status page. Bear in mind it is 12pm on a working day and schools are also back, so Kazzak which had a queue the other night, is currently a high pop server (Draenor is also currently high atm). EU only.

11 Full servers
    33 High servers

At peak times, more of the high servers will be full and medium servers will move up to high.

Now don't get me wrong, I know there is a bunch of empty servers, there are still a lot of full ones also.

Anyway, to answer your question, expansion has a launch date, it creates hype and people start playing again.
    Last edited by Trix; 2014-08-22 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna suck to get home late from work, and sit in queue for an hour or more when WoD launches
    Guess I at least can be happy that a lot of people play on the server.

Deleted
    It's getting a bit crazy at peak times on Draenor again. I've started logging on when I get in from work (5.30 BST) and sitting in RFC using the afk-trick to stay logged in until I actually want to play.

Have fun on release.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU Outland has been locked for like 2 weeks now :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    EU Outland has been locked for like 2 weeks now :P
    it doesnt mean anything if server is locked - people can still pay for transfers and move here , people can still resub and be here - inlfux of players came cause now people know when exp will be released so they prepare alts for release finifhing to lv last alts to 90 preparing proffs to make gold in initial couple of weeks, finishing last achievmeents before some of them will be removed in wod etc etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Maybe "a large" bunch of players are just re-subbing and preparing things in advance to be ready for pre-patch/expansion.
    Probably yes. Anecdotal, but 4-5 of my friends who have been cancelled for 2-3 years just resubbed and so did I to play with them. Quite a few others are also coming back by WoD at latest.