Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    WoW is bleeding server on dead and poorly functioning realms. Healthy realms see relatively less fallout. With migration from growing number of dead realms to popular realms the play loss is often more than compensated for.

Player returning before an expansion is no new thing. It is a normal parrt of the trend. Don't think it is a change in the overal trend.

If 10 people go I would bet 7- 8 of them are from low populated realms because it becomes easier to distance yourself from a game you have few and weak links with. The community interaction is limited, communication feels dead, economy is less volatile.

Neither cross realm zones nor server connection yet could eleminate these problems.

Realm merges have little done to help the problem since Blizzard has be reluctant to merge all low populated server including those still flagged as medium. Merging a dead server with two more dead server only creates a little less dead server. A merge or call it connection does not do more than combine the population and everything else on one of the realms. There is no connection magic that creates player and trade from thin air and cures AIDS in its free time. Economy and community rarely jumps from bad to endurable, because Blizzard slowed down after they handled the dead server. Yet there are many realm that had not been merged with any but could easily handle one or more. EU has been even slower since the beginning.

Cross realm zones put more player on your screen but it is still just bodies and names. If the people continue to ignore or don't care for others from different realms, and often flat out ignore you, the benefits are much lesser than the player number in your zone would let you believe.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2014-08-22 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    Gonna suck to get home late from work, and sit in queue for an hour or more when WoD launches
    Guess I at least can be happy that a lot of people play on the server.
    Yeah on Horde side. My info is about 6 months old but my mains were Alliance this time round and it was stone dead ally side. Horde side you did not have room to swing a cat. I had been on Draenor since day 1 but i had to jump ship with my Alliance chars. At the time you have to sit in a 30 min que to get in. Not so bad if i was playing my horde chars as that side was jam packed but waiting that long to play on a dead faction was ripping the piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a returning player as of 2 weeks ago I was surprised to see queues on Tich. I mean ya its a heavily populated server but it surprised me being we are in the content lull.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    WoW is bleeding server on dead and poorly functioning realms. Healthy realms see relatively less fallout. With migration from growing number of dead realms to popular realms the play loss is often more than compensated for.

Player returning before an expansion is no new thing. It is a normal parrt of the trend. Don't think it is a change in the overal trend.

If 10 people go I would bet 7- 8 of them are from low populated realms because it becomes easier to distance yourself from a game you have few and weak links with. The community interaction is limited, communication feels dead, economy is less volatile.

Neither cross realm zones nor server connection yet could eleminate these.
    Of course they did. That's why WoW is populated again.

In Hellfire I see maxed out player numbers every night. On both sides and that for 8 year old content and just 2 years ago the world PvP over the Towers never happened, now it changes back and forth every few minutes.

People group up for these objectives all the time and the vast majority are proper lvls for these re-populated zones.

Perhaps some should play these days instead of theorising on hear say.

Also my server got connected on June 24 z2014 ... and ever since our economy went high as a rocket through connected Realm play.

You see the WoW haters, like this reknown one, are pissing their pants ... for the future now

As connected realms are MUCH better than old server merges as Blizzard can simply add more connections without any actions from players needed.

As for players returning: they will come and will stand in awe of this NEW cross realm play - both in economy and open world zone play introduced over the last year (Sep 2013 till now).

If I were a WoW hater I would be in pure panic mode if you watched this new activity. in game these days.

Just 2 years ago ALL trolls yelled, the world is empty, these days the slogan is: my world is too populated. And frankly when 2 years ago you could hardly find another dude in Helfire, these days that 8 year old zone is populated as if it were launched 3 weeks ago.

Of course I knew this seamless cross server technology was a breakthrough in design and I say one thing: you ain't even seen nothin' yet, as WoD will even add MORE seamless cross technology.

... Like instances who are blended seamlessly into the open world ... and of course it is cross server for balancing purposes ... so ... your open world pvp zone is balanced across servers without loading screens.

Hint: fighting this awesome technology from a hate T point of view is futile.

Dead servers ? LOL. Around 30-% of population loss in the West - most losses came from the East- Blizzard puts cross realm zone play with 6 to 8 servers into CRZ and 2-4 servers in Connected status and what do you get ? Full and joyful play from economy to world zones.

Perhaps these guys should play a game they talk about and see these RECENT changes (3-9 months) for themselves.

I can't even imagine wat a Boom this is going to cause with the launch of everyone returning to Orc Lands again.

But as a WoW hater, I think you are in dire need for psychological help ....
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-22 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Of course they did. That's why WoW is populated again.

In Hellfire I see maxed out player numbers every night. On both sides and that for 8 year old content and just 2 years ago the world PvP over the Towers never happened, now it changes back and forth every few minutes.

People group up for these objectives all the time and the vast majority are proper lvls for these re-populated zones.

Perhaps some should play these days instead of theorising on hear say.

Also my server got connected on June 24 z2004 ... and ever since our economy went high as a rocket through connected Realm play.

You see the WoW haters, like this reknown one, are pissing their pants ... for the future now

As connected realms are MUCH better than old server merges as Blizzard can simply add more connections without any actions from players needed.

As for players returning: they will come and will stand in awe of this NEW cross realm play - both in economy and open world zone play introduced over the last year (Sep 2013 till now).

If I were a WoW hater I would be in pure panic mode if you watched the new activity.

Just 2 years ago ALL trolls yelled, the world is empty, these days the slogan is: my world is too populated. And frankly when 2 years ago you could hardly find another dude in Helfire, these days that 8 year old zone is populated as if it were launched 3 weeks ago.

Of course I knew this seamless cross server technology was a breakthrough in design and I say one thing: you ain't even seen nothin' yet, as WoD will even add MORE seamless cross technology.
    you mr are so mistaken - maybe your realm is more alive but its nothing comapre to really populated realms - the main problem with merges is that they are to few and way to slow - blizzard should be connecting 10 dead/low populated server at the same time not 2-3 every 2 months - its way to slow and its only done it to milk as much money out of transfers to full servers as they can - effectively screwing off people on high pop server cause of ques - full servers should be lockoed out of transfers to it payed or not payed doesnt matter - locked should mean really locked not locked but if u pay us 20 euro sure get in here = then maybe more peopel would be transfering to medium pop server making them high pop too - effectively making more healthy servers then 10-15 in EU

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mr are so mistaken - maybe your realm is more alive but its nothing comapre to really populated realms - the main problem with merges is that they are to few and way to slow - blizzard should be connecting 10 dead/low populated server at the same time not 2-3 every 2 months - its way to slow and its only done it to milk as much money out of transfers to full servers as they can - effectively screwing off people on high pop server cause of ques - full servers should be lockoed out of transfers to it payed or not payed doesnt matter - locked should mean really locked not locked but if u pay us 20 euro sure get in here = then maybe more peopel would be transfering to medium pop server making them high pop too - effectively making more healthy servers then 10-15 in EU
    Actually you have no clue.

Connected Realms and Cross Realm Zones are using the SAME technology to solve 2 problems.

1. The first is to solve the overall Realm activity in economy and Guild play. Since connected Realms put players together from 2 or MORE servers in a seamless fashion (every player stays on his original server) BUT plays connected as if the connected servers were one server, it is far better than a simple server merge as Blizzard can add more connections if they see fit.

To answer your question and TIME LINE.

Blizzard acts when it is needed, not when some lone Wolf cries help. It is quite obvious this is an ONGOING process and it just started in early tries in Sep 2013 and is now full under steam in 2014.This technology took time to be developped and is now in full swing.

2. Sever merges don't solve the individual world zones. As 110 world zones over (soon) 100 levels of avatars is simply TOO BIG to be populated by one single server. So the cross server open world technology is used to populate these open world zones through individual crossings of realms.

And those zones are crossed more dynamically and with bigger number of servers, so EACH world zone can be filled with players.

The end result is that your economy and guild play is now spread over multiple connected servers AND the world zones in lower content are populated too ( which a simple and hastely implemented server merge could NOT do).

The total implementation of this technology just started with some test servers 11 months ago, so it is a very RECENT developped technology and is simply being applied over 2014 in full swing.

By the time WoD is launched it will be fully in working order in 99% of all Realms and believe me this is rocking already for returning players.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-22 at 09:26 PM.

6.5 mill is still alot of people filling servers. just because they lost subs doesn't warrant your server to be dead

Deleted
    Of course they did.
    *a snip to inventions, insults, more inventions and same old script of irrelevant arguments and more personal attacks*
    Also my server got connected on June 24 z2014 ...
    Of course they never did. You just choose to be ignorant, shamelessly dishonest and deceitful, afraid, very afraid of anyone talking about the naked truth. We both can play the game of deleting parts of posts to our convenience. Now the few relevant replies to my post about the limited effect of CRZ and little number of realm merges over almost an entire year (far too late anyways), hidden between all your repetitive insults and irrelevant arguments only masturbating about Blizzard, are just the usual ideal stories about your nameless realm and a rewording of your old lies about the technology and advantages of connections opposed to merges we went over long before.

But come on? Still trying to sell us connections can be extended, as if any other merge could not accomplish the same thing? They would be inferior to merges if they could not even do that. Some lone wolves do not need to take on the huge task of renaming their character from legolass to legolasss? Is that still the only benefit of unseen new connection technology? (Something I still recommend Blizzard for times again) Still talking about seamlesness of WoW connections? Fully aware all connections require a server restart? Still all waiting for your explanation what seams have to do with server merges and what has ever been phased in a connection. Still busy bombing topics with your invention that realm merges are based on CRZ technology, even using phasing and lying about that I quote: 'clear text from Blizzard' explaining it? The same old text that cleary did not refer to CRZ in any word or meaning (an odd pattern with most your clear and retracable sources), but cleary said 'cross realm technologies' as they have been in the game since cross realm battlegrounds and dungeons?

Hello, it is 2014. Everyone knows how the merges work. Just like CRZ. You are not fooling anyone with your inventions about connections and CRZ anymore. At least be a good whiteknight and don't put words into your princess mouth Blizzard never said.

But do I see a little gem of honest information, hidden between your almost scripted lines of misinformation, lies and insults? No less than BenBos own, in every regards perfectly situated realm, was in need of a merge? When only dead and low populated realms have been mergedyet. But again the same convenient story that it is full and bustling with life, because you need some anecdotal evidence that CRZ and connected realms solved all problems everyone could ever complain about. Probably as healthy as all the times you talked about it before. Now I would not be surprised anymore if the truth is you are playing on a dead realm with only a few hundred people on your side. But I forgot. Now that it is connected with one or two more dead realms every problem is solved that could not have yet been fixed by flawless CRZ magic.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2014-08-23 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaru View Post
    6.5 mill is still alot of people filling servers. just because they lost subs doesn't warrant your server to be dead
    My server only grows and grows it is as big as it was with 12M subs, so for my realm it doesnt even feel like the game is dying, like starting zone at 3 AM had like 15 pple there :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    My server only grows and grows it is as big as it was with 12M subs, so for my realm it doesnt even feel like the game is dying, like starting zone at 3 AM had like 15 pple there :P
    Actually it is MUCH bigger than when WOW was at 12 million people.

Why ? Just do some calculations: since most losses were in the East, you could say WOW in the West has now around 35% less players than at its highest point.

Now if you connect 2 Realms on average that means you double those player numbers, while in very extreme cases Blizzard connected 4 to 5 servers even.

So the economy of those multiple connected Realms is simply better as when WOW had 35% more Western players.

Of course connected realms (or as the WOW T guys write "server merges" (which they are not really as connected Realms can be added, a server merge can not))... solves only ONE part of the problem.

Because a connection of Realms does not solve EVERY world zone. But cross realm PER zone is a cure to that : CRZ.

So what do we have: we have EONOMIES that work much better in 2014 AND we have (over) populated world zones, just like all content of WOW was when each of these expansions launched/

Hellfire has / 50 people playing on each side (or more) in game content that is .... almost 8 years old.

Of course your gaming pleasure doubled.

-----

The usual suspects and WOW haters coming in this thread is actually proof of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Of course they never did. You just choose to be ignorant, shamelessly dishonest and deceitful, afraid, very afraid of anyone talking about the naked truth. .
    Actually the only one ignoring things is YOU. And I feel your fear already as a WOW hater over here Pff, while me I am having fun with zones of 4, 6 or 8 years old full of people with an in game economy that works better than when WOW had with 12 million subs.

You just lost all arguments as everyone can see for themselves Azeroth has more economy and players in the world than EVER before tx to this new technology.

7 million players is a HELL of a number to regroup and you don't like that . Well suits me, we have fun with MASSES of people, while you just post useless posts about WOW being empty, what a joke.

The fact this technology is even SEAMLESS and connects players over different servers (with the added advantage of Mutual economies and Guild play) is proof Azeroth will be full of players, whether they have 1 million or 12 million players.

The majority of posts in here proves what I Always predicted what would happen over time with this seamless technology: YOUR Azeroth grows to its daily log in players, independant of overall world wide numbers. Since you NOW play with MORE players on your server than EVER before.

No matter how you twist your tail in Holy water, that dear Conscience is the simply truth: players in WOW 2014 play with far more players around than they ever did and since this CRZ technology and the Connected realms it was based on is ... DYNAMIC, this situation will simply go on forever (or YEARS and YEARS in gaming terms).

I like that
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-23 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    I was just wondering possibly why the server could be having massive queues all of a sudden.
    I've had them on Area 52 and Stormrage too. Been that way since the servers all took a splat a couple Tuesdays ago. So them reducing the caps seems likely. It's what they do when they have stability problems.
    We have indeed seen this before. From the first days of WoW. They had to set the caps very low then because everyone was in just a few zones and the servers couldn't handle it. We see it again at the start of every expansion when everyone is condensed into one or two zones for the first week or two. But the tech has gotten a lot better since the "queue dance" days and queues are fairly rare except on the highest pop realms. Although I wonder how all the connected realms are going to fare when WoD is released. Some people might see queues for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    I've had them on Area 52 and Stormrage too. Been that way since the servers all took a splat a couple Tuesdays ago. So them reducing the caps seems likely. It's what they do when they have stability problems.
    We have indeed seen this before. From the first days of WoW. They had to set the caps very low then because everyone was in just a few zones and the servers couldn't handle it. We see it again at the start of every expansion when everyone is condensed into one or two zones for the first week or two. But the tech has gotten a lot better since the "queue dance" days and queues are fairly rare except on the highest pop realms. Although I wonder how all the connected realms are going to fare when WoD is released. Some people might see queues for the first time ever.
    Actually ... since people log on to different servers that are connected, it could be the log in problems would be more spread and the overflow would spread too.

But I thinkthat the overall infrastructure could indeed be bombarded with same time log ins causing problems to the world servers overall.

I was at the shop yesterday and I wanted to pre order my Collector's Edition of WOD and it was sold out for a week already in the most popular game store chain of the Benelux.

While I talked to this shop keeper about it there were 4 guys around me that all pre ordered already. Even the 2 guys behind the counter said they would play WOW again in the coming weeks.

So expect a huge influx already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Kazzak EU is also getting queues for the past couple of weeks on certain nights.

One of the only? I just checked the realm status page. Bear in mind it is 12pm on a working day and schools are also back, so Kazzak which had a queue the other night, is currently a high pop server (Draenor is also currently high atm). EU only.

11 Full servers
    33 High servers

At peak times, more of the high servers will be full and medium servers will move up to high.

Now don't get me wrong, I know there is a bunch of empty servers, there are still a lot of full ones also.

Anyway, to answer your question, expansion has a launch date, it creates hype and people start playing again.
    They must have changed their definitions though.
    Ysondre is supposedly a highly populated server but it really feels like a medium server.

I've seen huge latencies a few years ago in Dalaran and SW in Cho' gall because so many players were connected, and you mostly couldn't see anything with so many nameplates.

I haven't felt the same in years & I don't think it can only be justified by server improvements.

The funny thing is silvermoon doesnt have any queues. And it has a population similar to draenor. What does this tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by DayFlorence View Post
    The funny thing is silvermoon doesnt have any queues. And it has a population similar to draenor. What does this tell us?
    Nothing much, since everything is cross server these days. From Connected Realm play to cross server world zones to instances.

Anyone still complaining about a low pop single server simply has's been playing the last 3/4 months.

Only the usual suspects are not aware of it yet, but they only play the forums, not the game.

The joke is that these guys said: but there was no content update for 11 months ! So what ... they completely missed out on the best feature Blizzard implemented since WoW's launch: cross server play with connected Realms. It is exactly 11 months ago that the first trials were made and since 2014 it is in full swing.

You now see the end results and it is awesome. People everywhere and economies boosting.

With WoD incoming expect a very hot Azeroth in winter time. Global warming
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-23 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DayFlorence View Post
    Horde players resubbed to get horde bike, ally players don't care and wait for WOD / pre-patch since there isn't a bike bait for subs.

That WoD cinematic is pretty popular.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't help that Blizzard only offers FCM to dead servers, they should try and transfer people to Medium populated servers but just keep an eye on it so that they don't get too full either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    They must have changed their definitions though.
    Ysondre is supposedly a highly populated server but it really feels like a medium server.

I've seen huge latencies a few years ago in Dalaran and SW in Cho' gall because so many players were connected, and you mostly couldn't see anything with so many nameplates.

I haven't felt the same in years & I don't think it can only be justified by server improvements.
    This pretty much for the myth about full and high, even just moderately populated realm because the tag say so.
    Did you know the Chinese and other Asian server every whitknight is now trying to shove every single lost player on had all pretty much equal distribution of low medium and high populated realms with little bias to low because population dropped faster than they could adapt the definitions? While closing down one server after another. Blizzard can change the definitions every time. For every region individualy. Usually they do after the regular maintenance or patches by very little increments. Only so much 3 or 4 realms change and player will believe it is just a little fluke in population.
    Of course Blizzard can not change the number of player belonging to a realm and provide the full experience without a merge.

And server tag still won't reflect faction population . As active realm are still flooded with player fleeing and transfering from low and dead realms ones, make the horde faction see a influx of new player for example and horde faction remains stable or even grows. That means you have to lose twice as much or more on alliance to get to the same point. If you are already the underdog population your faction would have to get into minus to bring down these high or medium tags.

CRZ suffers from similar limitations opposed to a controled merge. Make their poorly tuned systems throw 3 horde dominant realms into one zone and they won't magically create a zone full of alliance player. Same for new 'full' zones early in the expansion with of without the CRZ.

Even a merge won't do without real population. Merge a dead realm with another dead realm. 400 and 200, and just add another 300 player out of spite won't create perfectly populated bustling realm as the usual whitknights like to sell you every connected realm on top of CRZ has become.

It does not matter what Blizzard calls these realms. They can not create player and if they continue to underprioritize faction balance odds are you are only worse of than before, even after you server got merged once or twice, even with CRZ on, even with your realm starts saying medium, full or high suddenly, because only the opposing facition keeps growing.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2014-08-23 at 01:18 PM.

I resubbed when the trailer was close to going Live, after a 10 month absence (When SoO first released I left).

Pretty hyped for WoD.