Old-timer making a comeback. What to do?

Are there any resources designed for folks that are coming back to WoW after a year or so away? I quit mid-Tier 14 for IRL reasons then picked up other "WoW-clones" that failed, but found my way back to WoW and am curious what to do.

I've done ToT LFR and farmed some mobs on Timeless Isle for free purplez, but what are some recommendations on things to do? I'm up for raiding any tier, any difficulty level but it seems everyone wants uber geared folks to get lower ilvl gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    do LFR and Ordos till ur 520/530, then ur fine for Flex 1-3, for Flex 4 some ppl tend to only want 540 and for garrosh up to 550+, when ur at 540/550 ur ready for normals.
    But getting into a normal run is quite hard, many ppl ask for Garrosh normal achie. If u got 30k spare u could always buy Garrosh boost
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Brontu View Post
    Are there any resources designed for folks that are coming back to WoW after a year or so away? I quit mid-Tier 14 for IRL reasons then picked up other "WoW-clones" that failed, but found my way back to WoW and am curious what to do.

I've done ToT LFR and farmed some mobs on Timeless Isle for free purplez, but what are some recommendations on things to do? I'm up for raiding any tier, any difficulty level but it seems everyone wants uber geared folks to get lower ilvl gear.
    1). Don't forget to get your warforged seals for LFR bonus rolls;
    2). Do LFR and get rid of those pieces of Timeless crap (you basically only use them to become eligible for SoO LFR - they suck balls);
    3). Pray to the RNG gods and optionally sacrifice a virgin to the blood god;
    4). Get valor capped for item upgrades, prioritize SoO weapon + Tier pieces and for some classes trinkets (this is an optional step as you can save valor if needed for better pieces from Flex/Normal, but makes it so much easier to get into Flex from LFR);
    5). Getting into PUG runs can be a complete bitch for returning players, so either keep trying, join a guild or organize your own Flex/Normal runs.

I myself was in the same position. Luckily I could join alt flex/normal runs from my guild to gear up to join the progression team. After going through the whole LFR threadmill ofcourse. Can't expect my guild to do everything for me.

I like to start over and roll a new character. It's how I ease myself into the game after being away for a time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

In addition to what others have said:

Do Celestials once a week. Hit O, look at "other raids" and select Celestials, then hit the List My Name button. Some random person will eventually invite you. The boss is like an LFR-style zerg that's over in a couple of minutes, and you have a chance to get free gear (could be either Prideful PvP gear or current tier PvE gear). You may get nothing but a chest with some gold in it, but it's worth a shot once a week to potentially get a free piece of gear.

Also: make sure you're almost to Timeless Isle before you queue. More often than not, the group will not bother summoning and may kill the boss before you get there. It rarely takes more than a couple of minutes to get an invite unless you're playing at some weird hour.

If you want to get PvP gear, 2v2 arenas are the quickest way. Either pay someone to carry you if you have gold (a lot of them charge something like 150g per win, so it's not too expensive) or just get a reliable partner. You can farm battlegrounds too, but it's pretty slow and painful to get Prideful gear that way.

Run LFR and replace the "free purples" from Timeless Isle as soon as you can. They'll be enough to get you into LFR, but they suck.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-21 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Get 9/9 before it's too late ^^