Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    Well the game is exactly as it was 11 months ago, so ask yourself why didn't you come back yet, and you have your answer.
    I stopped for various reasons, the only one that is still in affect is probably the issues I have with the raid tiers in MoP, which I hope will be resolved for the WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I'm coming back next month (around start of September) and I want to do that because I want to get horde bike mount and then soon after, patches in preparation of next expansions should hit. I haven't played since march.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    if you want the free horde chopper mount, then resub at the end of september. this is likely to be very close to 6.0 release date. Mid November is the actual expansion release, blizz has stated that 4-6 weeks is about how long they think 6.0 should last, so six weeks before Nov 13th is roughly the beginning of October, or a few days after the last chance to get the horde chopper mount for free.
    Care to eloborate how I get this mount?
    Have no played for real since last year, so kinda behind with these sort of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    To answer your question, OP: Maybe?

There will be a number of achievements that will become Legacy/FoS in the next expansion. There are mounts and gear (primarily Challenge Mode-related) that will also become unavailable in the next expansion. The anniversary event will have an exclusive battle pet and a mount. (The 100v100 Tarren Mill/Southshore BG seems to be shaping up to be a one-time thing as well.)

If such things are of sufficient importance to you, then subscribe and put your nose to the grindstone. If not, then wait.
    Maybe I should pre order WoD and get my new char to lvl 90 and start to grind away at those things then :P

---

This might be a bit off-topic, but what is currently the best EU server for horde's? And by best I mean highest population in relation to guilds that make PvE progress, and AH ofcourse since I am a farmer.
    Heard a lot of good things about Tarren Mill, I am currently playing on Shattered Hand and Darksorrow (or maybe I should say I used to play on them - mainly Darksorrow).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdisciple View Post
    Care to eloborate how I get this mount?
    Have no played for real since last year, so kinda behind with these sort of things.
    you log in. thats basically it. only horde characters get to ride this mount, however it doesnt matter if you login as horde or alliance, your account is flagged to receive it should you ever want to make a Horde toon. Alliance get their chopper from Paulie the Vendor for ~100k gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Hey!

So long story short, have not played more or less anything during the entire MoP expansion cause' I did not really like it, I especially found the raids boring which has been a major part that got me hooked since vanilla WoW.

With the release of WoD soon I am going to try and play some again, cause' I really love the game in general.

But to cut to the chase, is it worth coming back now before the 10y anniversary and WoD release, or should I just hold out for a few more months and get back on track then?
    Would like some arguments in which I should/should'nt come back before the release and anniversary

Thanks in advance!
    mid october should be 6.0 so I would atleast come back then so you can get used to the new changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also say just wait until 6.0
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    "Vanilla Raiding was not really better, at least not in terms of mechanics. I think Vanilla raiding was good cause' it was state-of-the-art at the time and massive 40-man MMO raids had never been seen before."

This guys an idiot.... Everquest had 75+ man raiding... Blizzard stole just about every good MMO mechanic from Everquest and then added to it.
    So you see fit to go onto personal attacks, huh?

That's not exactly clever.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    These threads always seem borderline trollish to me... if you've played since Vanilla, you know what the end of expansions are like. They're dead time. If you don't like the raids or MoP in general then the only reasons to come back would be to level alts, putter around on achievements or do housekeeping stuff - clean out the bank, make some gold etc. Oh and PVP if you want.

So, should you come back? How the hell should we know? It's far too early to really prep much for WoD and MoP is over. Are there things you want to do? Then come back. If not, don't. I'm not trying to be rude, but this is like "what class should I play?" etc. It's up to you depending on what you want.
    I am not trying to be "trollish" or anything of the sort, just that I have never been in this situation before really... Always had guilds or friends that actively play the game, no I have neither but still want to play it - but I am borderline if it's worth prepping for the next exp or not, especially when I did not like this exp in the first place.
    So you could say this is more of a "is it anything new and fun to do in the game that was not there on launch, that I could do while waiting for the next exp?" kind of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    That's what heroic rads are for, challenge... In WLK too. Sounds like you don't actually want challenges in your raids.

...or you want to jump into the "qq pandas" bandwagon about three years too late.
    There's a HUGE difference in just being hard with higher scaled damage spells, faster triggered events and such (aka. Heriocs), and raids that natively was hard even with good gear(looking at you Black Temple).
    To me, ever since Cata actually, all that seems to matter is what ilvl you have. Gear out-scales the mechanics Blizzard have in place so hard that the only thing they can do is up-scale the boss fights in terms of pure stat changes.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, just seems that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    "Vanilla Raiding was not really better, at least not in terms of mechanics. I think Vanilla raiding was good cause' it was state-of-the-art at the time and massive 40-man MMO raids had never been seen before."

This guys an idiot.... Everquest had 75+ man raiding... Blizzard stole just about every good MMO mechanic from Everquest and then added to it.
    Well too bad that I was not old enough to even recognize the existence of games that could not be found on the shelf of 'Games' or 'Gamestop' here in europe back then :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I never had a problem with any xpac really, but the reason why I never really enjoyed past WOTLK was cause all of my friends quit playing. Now, with this new timeline changing and stuff, i'm curious as to what it will bring. HOWEVER, I've decide that I will resub during the college winter break. I don't really care about mounts anymore, so the motorcycle isn't enough to bring me back. (Besides, Hoverchopper is better....maybe...probably not, but man I still feel special riding that thing...so much farming in BC.....). ANYWAY!!!!! I WILL play the new xpac, but I don't see the point in resubbing towards the end of an xpac I don't care about.
    I will definitely re-sub for this expansion, the question is if it's worth doing anything beforehand or just jump right into the new exp on day-zero.
    Last edited by phoenixdisciple; 2014-08-21 at 07:19 PM.

If you want to get a headstart on a raid team then resub now, otherwise I'd just wait for launch.
    Stay salty my friends.

This whole expansion has been so depressingly crappy for me. I've enjoyed nothing in this xpac and I knew when I heard about it before its release that I wasn't going to enjoy it. I'll be glad when its over, its by far the span of time where I have played WoW the least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Don't! nothing you do will count for anything in WOD.....plus the game is still that bad, maybe it will get better with WOD, or maybe it will keep getting a little worse.....no one knows till it goes live
    LOL, you guys will say anything to keep Blizz from getting subs.

Don't listen to the naysayers there is plenty you can do until wod, mounts, cloak, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not trying to be "trollish" or anything of the sort, just that I have never been in this situation before really... Always had guilds or friends that actively play the game, no I have neither but still want to play it - but I am borderline if it's worth prepping for the next exp or not, especially when I did not like this exp in the first place.
    So you could say this is more of a "is it anything new and fun to do in the game that was not there on launch, that I could do while waiting for the next exp?" kind of thread.
    Gotcha, that makes sense. I don't think there's anything new in the game that hasn't been there for the last 10 months or so. What I'd do in your shoes (and what I'm planning on doing since I'm also not subbed right now) are tw things - first, see if any of your friends are coming back for WoD and if so whether you want to level an alt etc with them. If not, then I'd wait until 6.0 when the new mechanics etc will be put in. That gives you a feel for how your character will play in WoD and it should be about 6-8weeks before the launch (so, early October-ish). The only reason to come back before 6.0 (friends aside) would be to level alts or do achievements etc more casually

10+ Year Old Account
    If you plan on raiding in WoD heroic or Mythic I'd suggest re-subbing now to find a guild to start raiding. Other then that I don't see much you can pretty much cruse threw all the content in 3 weeks. Except the legendary quest line will take you some time with some RNG. For me I don't really see a reason to come back right now at this moment but that's just my opinion. Or you can just wait for 6.0 pre WoD patch its really up to you decide.
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-08-21 at 07:44 PM.

There's a HUGE difference in just being hard with higher scaled damage spells, faster triggered events and such (aka. Heriocs) and raids that natively was hard even with good gear(looking at you Black Temple).

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, just seems that way to me.
    Here's a correction for you then:

You said "ICC mount farming was fun" (not exactly but that was the thought in it) and on the other hand you complain about difficulty modes. ICC mount farming required you to do it in heroic mode. So from where I'm standing you look like a big fat hypocrite.

And what comes to Black Temple difficulty... On the day T6 attunements were removed in my realm every single guild that were stuck on Vashj and Kael went into BT and got first three bosses down. As far as I remember there were only three bosses in BT that were harder than MoP's normal mode (not heroic) Garrosh or Lei Shen: Reliquary of Souls, Illidari Council and Illidan, everything else was either gear checks or retard checks.

To me ever since Cata actually all that seems to matter is what ilvl you have, gear out-scales the mechanics Blizzard have in place to hard that the only thing they can't do is up-scale the boss fights.
    Every single boss in MoP has some 100% guaranteed kill mechanic that you need to execute right on normal and heroic modes, claiming you can outgear it is just bullshit.

It really depends on what your goals are. By the beta coverage I've been watching it sounds like you can easily catch up professions while you're in Draenor, so really the only thing would be leveling any alts or gathering up a pool of gold for release? The post-launch patches are always very entertaining and give some cool achievements/rewards, for the 15$ I would say it's worth it as you won't be able to retrieve those again most likely. But, it's totally up to you and what your priorities are.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Depends when you left. If you come back now, you have enough time to experience SoO and get Ahead of the Curve, get Challenge Mode dungeons, secure a raid team spot/guild. Could probably come back for just 6.0 but about now is a good time.

Deleted
    TLDR: OP kills Garrosh in LFR, then complains on forums how MoP raids are too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    One problem i'm having in this thread is that everyone is talking about raid spots and raid guilds. Maybe people want to rejoin for something OTHER then just raiding. Honestly, i'll just end up PvPing, doing all the story shit and, if applicable, pug the raids. And back in DS, I was able to get a pug group of severely undergeared characters and we got to ultraxion in a few hours. I find pugging to be WAY more fun.......BUUUUUT it comes with a MASSIVE risk of getting some really unskilled players, then you gotta find replacement, and, ugh. I dunno, I always wanted to start a Pug guild, if that makes a lick of sense. I just wanna have a good time and have FUN killing bosses, as opposed to making them feel like chores.

OP did say raiding was a big part of what drew him/her to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    TLDR: OP kills Garrosh in LFR, then complains on forums how MoP raids are too easy.
    This. You participated in LFR, which is deliberately scaled so that players don't have to think about raid mechanics. LFR is just so people can see the encounters in pretty much a tourist or drive-by form. And that's fine for those who prefer to play like that or who can't or won't play as part of a raiding guild.

But if you say you like raiding, then prepare to raid. And that means coming back before 6.0 so that you can find a guild, begin to establish a place on that team, and do whatever prep work (professions, etc.) you may need to wrap up.

Saying that you like raiding, then doing nothing but LFR and THEN making generalizations about the game based on LFR...that just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    This. You participated in LFR, which is deliberately scaled so that players don't have to think about raid mechanics. LFR is just so people can see the encounters in pretty much a tourist or drive-by form. And that's fine for those who prefer to play like that or who can't or won't play as part of a raiding guild.

But if you say you like raiding, then prepare to raid. And that means coming back before 6.0 so that you can find a guild, begin to establish a place on that team, and do whatever prep work (professions, etc.) you may need to wrap up.

Saying that you like raiding, then doing nothing but LFR and THEN making generalizations about the game based on LFR...that just doesn't make sense.
    I stated that was one of the reasons, not the sole one.
    And just to correct some facts; I have done all raids in normal, except entire SoO which I have cleared everything up to Garrosh before I quit the game again.

A few other things then; The scenery is boring, the lore is full of things to wish for, Garrosh was a boring encounter in terms of mechanical enjoyment (Kor'Kron and Iron Juggernaut were the only encounters that had "fun" mechanics to play around with - and those I have done in normal).

After both looking back on the Cataclysm/Lich Kind Boss encounters, as well as looking at footage from WoD Beta - I don't think anyone can argue that MoP was a good expansion pack for raiders. Don't forget to take in consideration of what was technically possible around the release of each boss.
    I mean, even WoD seems to have more interesting scenery and boss fights for 5-man dungeons, example is the train Dungeon where you have 2 very interesting boss encounters; 1 where you have to juggle several drops and mount a cannon, the other one I found interesting was where you had to kill both bosses at the same time (which had the mechanic of luring the melee boss to destroy objects to make the range one come down from the boxes - making for some nice aggro-swapping in the middle of the encounter as well).
    Last edited by phoenixdisciple; 2014-08-22 at 10:56 AM.

OP, it is not worth coming back now, and, in fact, it might not be worth coming back for WoD either. Seriously, I suggest you wait for at least 1 month after WoD, chances are, it will be very underwhelming. Garrisons are meh, heck, pretty much everything is meh, and there's little of it.