Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does SuperNova knock you back at all?

I would be so estatic if this thing worked a bit like Thunderstorm. I was so upset that they took the knockback off blastwave, mages need a knockback!

Thoughts?

Knocks everyone around me up... pretty awesome, but only an immediate interrupt (no lockouts).

so no knock off cliffs capability?

Deleted
    It especially knocks up female draenei and female night elves.

You can't knock people off cliffs with this, but if you supernova someone before someone else thunderstorms them then they will fly further.

Kinda sad to see Blast Wave didn't get its knockback capabilities back.

OT: No. Supernova knocks them upward. There is no forward/backward momentum, except maybe a tiny bit in the direction they were already moving (not enough to knock off a cliff). It does setup a nice combo where Shamans/Druids can knock them off easier though, since they're pretty much forced to "stand still" for a second.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

needs a knockback

Wish it were a knockback, sadly it is only a knock-up.

Thank god it's not a knockback ... the tears from pvp players around the world would flood the netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You can't knock people off cliffs with this, but if you supernova someone before someone else thunderstorms them then they will fly further.
    It would be cool if Arcane Explosion had a glyph that made it do a knock back. Supernova to knock them up into the air and than arcane explosion to send them flying back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckx View Post
    Thank god it's not a knockback ... the tears from pvp players around the world would flood the netherlands
    Yes, because there are actually people crying about ARCANE in PvP of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It would be cool if Arcane Explosion had a glyph that made it do a knock back. Supernova to knock them up into the air and than arcane explosion to send them flying back.
    That would be AWESOME.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You'd probably need to add a cd to it, or it'll make Arcane mages the ultimate interrupter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    You'd probably need to add a cd to it, or it'll make Arcane mages the ultimate interrupter.
    There already exists DR category for knockback, so a CD would be unnecessary for PvP purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    There already exists DR category for knockback, so a CD would be unnecessary for PvP purposes.
    And how many knockback does it take to cap the DR? 4? In that time, 1 class can just interrupt 4 of your spells? back to back?
    Seems op to me.

And how many knockback does it take to cap the DR? 4? In that time, 1 class can just interrupt 4 of your spells? back to back?
    Seems op to me.
    3 like all other DRs I'd think. Also, what's stopping someone from using 3 stuns, disorients, mesmerizes, etc? 3 Polymorphs = 3 interrupted spells, for example.

PS: Both Supernova and Ice Nova interrupt spells. Blast Wave does not, because Fire sure has enough CC, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    3 like all other DRs I'd think. Also, what's stopping someone from using 3 stuns, disorients, mesmerizes, etc? 3 Polymorphs = 3 interrupted spells, for example.
    I think the difference being that it all comes from one person, and it has no cast time, leaving your team mates to focus on dps-ing the other team.

Erm, since when does Ice Nova interrupt spells? Doesnt it just freezes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vornos1 View Post
    It especially knocks up female draenei and female night elves.
    Every time i read this topic title the first thought that come in my mind is exactly this
    I dont know why nobody else wrote something like this. Seems people here are way too serious to make that reference

As a female mage, that's certainly a new twist in my gameplaying. Mages will be so overpowered that they will knock up male characters too. It doesn't specify the gender of the victim - female or male,robot, elemental, beast everyone gets knocked up. All the babies. Male mages will need a dodging child support bill spell now.

When you get ganked by a mage don't wonder why you have baby after that

P.S. What happens if a warrior spell reflects it? Does the mage knock themselves up? Only the time will show us

P.S.2 Sorry i couldn't hold back anymore. Please forgive me

I think the difference being that it all comes from one person, and it has no cast time, leaving your team mates to focus on dps-ing the other team.

Erm, since when does Ice Nova interrupt spells? Doesnt it just freezes?
    Last I heard, Ice Nova was a mini-stun. It also only lasts 2s and is on a separate DR (similar to Charge stun from Warriors). If it was just a freeze, it'd have to last a lot longer than 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    P.S. What happens if a warrior spell reflects it? Does the mage knock themselves up? Only the time will show us
    Nah, the baby just magically vanishes and the Mage does a happy leap into the air as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Last I heard, Ice Nova was a mini-stun. It also only lasts 2s and is on a separate DR (similar to Charge stun from Warriors). If it was just a freeze, it'd have to last a lot longer than 2s.
    Hmmm, that's interesting. I'll go check it out when i get home from work.

idd needs knockback