Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    The very guy who spent the better part of his time on the dev team simplifying the game, because apparently a vocal minority on the forum is a valid source of feedback (here is a question Ghostcrawler: How about you guys actually listened to beta feedback ONCE instead?), is now standing "proud and tall" in the Riot dev team, giving WoW the boot for being "too casual".

I mean...seriously? You do realise that this true for LoL players as well (i wont go so far as calling a bunch of people who require automated systems, snitches and tribunals made up of snitches to keep their own behavior in check a "community"). Because lets face it: The VAST majority of LoL players ARE casuals: http://lolmatches.com/charts

So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it.

But yeah, I had a good laugh reading the stuff. Not at the expanse of WoW I might add.
    It's amazing how much people can read into something with the right preconceptions.

So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it.
    Both WoW and LoL are very casual games and easy to get into, but both can be played hardcore. Don't worry about his comments, people at Riot think they're gods gift to competitive & hardcore gaming just because they suck millions into watching their esport league therefore LoL = hardcore, despite the fact every element is dumbed down from Dota and the only reason their esport scene is so huge is because they attract so many casual gamers who think competitive LoL is impressive, that and pumping a tone of cash into the scene. It's just Riot ego, a lot of their developers are like that just because their game has the largest esport scene.

The very guy who spent the better part of his time on the dev team simplifying the game, because apparently a vocal minority on the forum is a valid source of feedback (here is a question Ghostcrawler: How about you guys actually listened to beta feedback ONCE instead?), is now standing "proud and tall" in the Riot dev team, giving WoW the boot for being "too casual".

I mean...seriously? You do realise that this true for LoL players as well (i wont go so far as calling a bunch of people who require automated systems, snitches and tribunals made up of snitches to keep their own behavior in check a "community"). Because lets face it: The VAST majority of LoL players ARE casuals: http://lolmatches.com/charts

So LoL is not developed for casuals? What's that supposed to mean GC? Your game is not developed for, or with a mindset towards the millions who pay for your food? Because...yes it is. If not, then explain why so many people of average-and-below skill are playing it. If anyone doubts that I am right, then kindly spectate "high-ELO" games. Its ridiculous what goes on. The people with above-average skill are MAYBE a few thousand, worldwide. Remind me GC, how many progress guilds are there in WoW? Exactly.

But yeah, I had a good laugh reading the stuff. Not at the expanse of WoW I might add.
    Don't believe he said anywhere that LoL was a casual game or not. He did however say that he was happy to work on a game where he didn't have to worry about whether it was casual or not. What I believe he meant was with any player vs player game, the players set the pace and difficulty meaning the developers don't have to tune the world to be hardcore or casual. However, you and I obviously read it differently and I can see many different ways it can be read into.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flooressence View Post
    Don't worry about his comments, .
    Believe me, I am not worried at all, I am amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Did you even read what you responded to? Raid finder has never been required to progress. Uptight guilds make it necessary, not the game.
    You're right. It's not the games fault that it's essentially spreading it's legs for me, gesturing me to reach in simply take tools that will aid me and keep me competitive during my raid progression.

It's not uncommon for top guilds to down Heroic encounters with a few blue quality items but as you'll find, most raiders grab any upgrades they can within reason. Dropping 20K for a BoE epic? Easily ignorable.

Sitting in queue and doing something you barely have to have awareness for? That's hard to pass up when everyone else is taking advantage of, specially when you consider alts or late comers to the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to just close this here. Lately it's been turning into casuals vs hardcore arguments between a select group of people and there isn't anything new said here that isn't already being discussed in a half dozen related threads.