10+ Year Old Account

Challenge Mode Advice?

Hey all, I'd like to start challenge modes. (yes I know I'm late) I'd be going for golds for the set and everything that comes with the other medals. Is there any advice I could get regarding on how to make the runs as smooth as possible? I'd be going as a 2H Frost DK. Thanks all. Also sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHorizon2 View Post
    Hey all, I'd like to start challenge modes. (yes I know I'm late) I'd be going for golds for the set and everything that comes with the other medals. Is there any advice I could get regarding on how to make the runs as smooth as possible? I'd be going as a 2H Frost DK. Thanks all. Also sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum.
    If you are leading them, watch videos for each instance and know how to do each pull, how many you specifically need to pull, and which you can ignore. Just make sure your group mates know what to do as well. Trash is harder than bosses, so keep in mind large pulls where Healing and Tank CDs can be helpful. Otherwise the main thing is just don't wipe, most of them you can just solidly trudge through and get Gold as long as you don't die.

And be prepared! It sucks being in the middle of Shado-pan Monastery and hearing, "Oh crap, I am out of invis pots!" and having to waste time pulling extra trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend farming 100k gold and paying for a boost. Easy, fast, no tactics require if not some Invisibility Potions, and you're done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I recommend farming 100k gold and paying for a boost. Easy, fast, no tactics require if not some Invisibility Potions, and you're done.
    It's called challenge mode... Pushing is boring, lazy and you miss all the fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Well he wanted it to go as smooth as possible

Watch all the tactics closely on youtube first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did pull my weight during those challenges, and I had lots of fun. If I had to play it's because of the fact that you need full 9/9 to run ONE challenge (at least this is the case with OQueue, I was done with Openraid during Cata and never came back to it).

Frankly, challenge modes are nothing terribly interesting. Only if you like trying to beat the timer, maybe, which many people don't, and even if you do, the modes that you won't simply one-shot will just be repeats of the same thing, where you will try to mimic what the videos are suggesting. They are boring.

Sure, you can try to invent your own tactics, but since you can't go solo (it would have been much better if you could, that would change everything), good luck with that.

1st step : Get annoyed that nobody takes a melee w/o any exp in Gold.
    step 2: Go blood, and will be a little bit easier to find a group.
    step 3 ( best one) : as sad above farm 80-100k and pay for the boost.

Tbh i did them on 4 of my chars, not getting boosted. Did them first on my ele to get the achvs, but got 2-3 more alts i wanna do them, and probably will pay for a boost, i prefer to farm 80-100k gold, then to deal with randoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.