View Poll Results: How will they *fix" disc?

Voters
133. This poll is closed
  • Buff Atonement

17 12.78%
  • Buff Archangel

10 7.52%
  • ... nerf Archangel?

21 15.79%
  • Return Inner Focus as in independent ability

6 4.51%
  • MOAR HOLY NOVA

24 18.05%
  • Cata-style PoH DA spam...

9 6.77%
  • Dem mana costs

10 7.52%
  • PW:S, PW:S, PW:S, PW:S, PW:S

14 10.53%
  • Such CoW, Much Spirit Shell, WOW!

10 7.52%
  • Better Words of Mending...

6 4.51%
  • A good idea we didn't think of

13 9.77%
  • A bad idea we didn't think of

29 21.80%
  • Hotfix, LOL

46 34.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Poll: How do you think Blizz will *fix* disc?

So, after the Archangel changes turned out to be yet another (remember WoM+Atonement bug?) disappointing unintended bug that seemed awesome, how do you think they will actually 'address' disc. After all, they did admit in the interviews that disc was 'arguably the most in need of discussion' or something like that, so we can probably presume there are some kind of changes incoming.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Love the poll, so much humor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc needs more Disc....ussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking with blizzards!
    • Based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from Holy Paladins, Power Word: Shield now gains 5% more from spellpower, but has a 1.5 second cast (up from instant).
    • Atonement healing reduced by 75%. Now you don't feel pressured to DPS if you don't want to!
    • Archangel: 1 minute CD, 10% healing increase, now doubles the crit chance of your next Holy Nova instead of increasing PoH's crit by 100% (this makes Crit more valuable as a stat).
    • Holy Nova: Now has a 30% chance to add a stack of Evangelism if it heals at least 1 target. Holy Nova has triple the normal critical chance. Multistrikes with Holy Nova have a 65% chance to make your next PW:S instant, free, and automatically make you Holy Nova when you cast it.
    • Clarity of Will: Now absorbs 6000% of spellpower (up from 600%). Based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from Holy Paladins, cast time increased to 5 seconds (up from 2.5), as homage to the 5 Second Rule.
    • Flash Heal: Now Holy specialization.
    • Prayer of Healing: Now Holy specialization.
    • Prayer of Mending: Now Holy specialization.
    • New talent: Words of Shining. Your healing and shielding spell casts grant you a stack of Word of Shining. When you gain 10 stacks of Word of Shining, your next targeted healing or shielding spell also makes the target Holy Nova. Replaces Words of Mending.
    • New talent: Path of Sparkles. You passively emit Holy Novas every time you move 3 yards. Replaces Saving Grace.

Go get 'em, champ!

Not sure exactly, but "Hotfix, LOL" is probably gonna be part of it. I think the rest depends on how useable Holy Nova and Prayer of Healing are when WoD goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    • New talent: Words of Shining. Your healing and shielding spell casts grant you a stack of Word of Shining. When you gain 10 stacks of Word of Shining, your next targeted healing or shielding spell also makes the target Holy Nova. Replaces Words of Mending.
    • New talent: Path of Sparkles. You passively emit Holy Novas every time you move 3 yards. Replaces Saving Grace.
    I giggled.

OMG, YES! This is the only thing that's actually funnier than the fact that they actually implemented path of mists (for a while at least), despite their entire design goal of making healers less mobile.

But... imagine if all of your holy nova related changes were actually made.. it would actually be so much fun. Just imagine all the sparkles everywhere. A chain reaction of holy nova's. It would actually be OP as fuck. Daymn son.

also, love the holy paladin thing

[*]Holy Nova: Now has a 30% chance to add a stack of Evangelism if it heals at least 1 target.

I realize this is mostly tongue-in-cheek, but that'd actually be a really nice change.

Don't be absurd, that's far too much of a good QoL change for a filthy non-hybrid class like us.

Epiphany: Imagine if they made it like MW monks SCK - the Holy Nova damage component generating evangelism if it hits 2+ targets (and, god forbid, imagine if it even procced atonement).

*Shudder* This feels way too possible to joke about; its exactly the kind of thing that Celestalon, in all his gloriously completely-out-of-touch-with-the-spec glory, would think is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Disc needs more Disc....ussions.
    I am very discappointed with Disc in WoD so far.

MOAR HOLY NOVA!

Yeap.

Are you even on beta? Disc is more than fine and is probably the easiest spec to play in the history of the game. Maybe that is your complaint, but for 8/10 fights the numbers are there (2x priests on stacking fights are going to completely block other healers with more gear - and guess what, you can stack on almost every fight).

And adding even a small chance at evangelism on Holy Nova is ridiculous and would immediately catapault Disc to completely godlike status. You have to be insane to even suggest such a thing.

Agree with ThePlanckEnergy, disc is more than fine. Is there an option in your poll for not needed?

You honestly think disc is fine from a mechanical standpoint? Because frankly it feels like a mess to play atm. At least from my perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    And adding even a small chance at evangelism on Holy Nova is ridiculous and would immediately catapault Disc to completely godlike status. You have to be insane to even suggest such a thing.
    You're right. A small chance at Evangelism on Holy Nova would be insane.

Because that risks new Disc Priests not properly identifying the spec's core competencies. This is good feedback. Hotfixing now.

Hotfix notes (patch 6.3.2):
    • Holy Nova now has a 100% chance to add 1 stack of Evangelism per target hit (heal or harm). This may exceed the normal stack cap of Evangelism (max 255), in which case your next Archangel is just that awesome. Hooray!
    • Holy Nova now benefits from Evangelism.
    • Holy Nova now causes Atonement.
    • Holy Nova increases your movement speed by 30% when cast.
    • Casting Holy Nova now plays the "Yes! I AM A GOD!" sound clip from Magister's Terrace every time, at a volume equivalent to classic Hunter gun sounds.
    • In honor of Celestalon's love for the movie Guardians of the Galaxy, Discipline specialization has been renamed Nova Corps.

Yes its competitive and enjoyable, unless its holy nova spam that shit is boring and OP stacked.

(dont mistake competitive for on top)

- - - Updated - - -

[*]Holy Nova now benefits from Evangelism.
    Evangelism doesn't affect damage/mana cost anymore. All it does is stack and get consumed.

On most of the raid testing I've done my breakdown is typically between 40-60% holy nova and around 20% DA. So yeah, pretty much mindless holy nova spam. Sure the numbers are there, but most certainly not a joy by any means to play.

Just respec Holy..That's how you fix it.

if you are only using HN for healing then thats probably the problem. The majority of the disc tool kit got revamped your missing out not using other spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Just respec Holy..That's how you fix it.
    this is a fix for players who cant adapt to change

I guess I'm not understanding what "the majority" of our toolkit is that you're referring to. Sure penance and PWS got a slight buff, but that's not going to change our playstyle. My only guess is that you're referring to the borrowed time change, which doesn't do much for us at current gear levels, or the lack of an AA cooldown which has been confirmed to be a bug.

And I didn't mean to say I'm *only* casting holy nova. Just the vast majority of GCD's will be spent on it when you aren't trying to stack AA etc.
    Last edited by rylai21; 2014-08-23 at 09:53 PM.