Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Yeah there's a stat budget formula somewhere for items based on item level and from that formula you can derive the amount of "secondary stat" that would be on a piece of gear.

For instance assume that x ilv has y amount of secondary stat budget. This means that you could have y = 1 secondary stat (i.e. haste) or y = 2 secondary stat (i.e. z haste and b-y mastery). Since there are five secondaries, you could get 1 of 15 different combinations:
    Pure Haste Pure Mastery Pure Crit Pure Multistrike (MS) Pure Versatility (Vers?)
    Haste/Mastery Haste/Crit Haste/MS Haste/Vers Mastery/Crit
    Mastery/MS Mastery/Vers Crit/MS Crit/Vers MS/Vers
    The JC items and cloak will also have Bonus Armor and Spirit as options though I don't think there will be a Bonus Armor+Spirit combo. Weapons as well if I'm not mistaken.

My blacksmithing character can male epic boe pieces from day 1 of the garrison (assuming I have the mats and tokens to buy the pattern). My non blacksmith needs a level 3 forge (don't know how to get the level 3 pattern yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    My blacksmithing character can male epic boe pieces from day 1 of the garrison (assuming I have the mats and tokens to buy the pattern). My non blacksmith needs a level 3 forge (don't know how to get the level 3 pattern yet.
    For lvl 3 patterns far as I know you need to complete some long quest chains in different areas and then at end of the quest chain you'll get Garrison Token which can be exchanged at Ashran for LvL 3 pattern there might be other ways to get lvl 3 pattern but by doing quest chains ( Basically finishing main quest line in region) you'll get 1 token for sure to exchange it for lvl 3 pattern. Atleast this is how it was couple builds ago when I lvled to 100 not sure if they changed anything or if I token actually gives you lvl 2 pattern.

I know some achievments will grant you lvl 2/3 patters for your garrison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    Iam wondering after reading the q&a: "If you build a profession building that is for a profession you don't know, you will still be able to have the NPCs craft all but the best things from that profession."

If it is still possible to build the epics with the buildings?

Deleted
    Currently you can craft the 640 epics without having the profession, but you can't craft the items that let you upgrade them to 665 ilvl. This is with a lvl 2 forge, so I'm not 100% sure if it'll change for the lvl 3 forge. You'll also craft stuff slower, as people with the right profession can do both a work order and their daily cooldown for the bop reagents while you're limited to work orders without the profession.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2014-09-12 at 03:42 PM.

Anyone come across any recipes that cant be crafted via the building alone (apart from upgrade tokens?).... I'm planning/hoping to have the tailoring building to slowly churn out bags over the course of the expansion. Not worried about how long it would take, would be purely to self fund my own bag upgrades.

I do have a tailor, I just don't think I can be bothered with alts anymore... Takes too much focus away from my main.

Deleted
    Someone says here (ht tp:/ /ww w.mmo-champion.com/threads/1589278-WoD-Tailoring-Question) its not possible. Sounds strange if you can craft all epics but no bags.

Here's the part I've been trying to figure out. I have enchanting on my main (keeping that), and want to drop skinning for either Engineering or Blacksmithing. Whichever I don't take on my main, I'll take on my alt. I plan to level the profs up to 600 before WoD hits on both.

Now - the determining factor on which prof I put on my main and which on my alt is -- in terms of blacksmithing I mainly just want it so I can craft myself some good epic gear. However, what's not clear yet about WoD is if there will be special recipes that you can ONLY get through raids or rep with certain factions...

If this is the case (high-end epic recipes only avail through raids or reps) then I'd need to take the prof on my main because I don't really play my alts much.

If however all recipes will be avail *only* through Garrisons, then I'd probably take engineering on my main, as I think I heard although most of what engineers will be able to make are BoE (which means I can sell them) they will have better stats or something if you have engineering.

I don't know how accurate this is, but if anyone can provide any feedback from what they've heard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Anyone come across any recipes that cant be crafted via the building alone (apart from upgrade tokens?).... I'm planning/hoping to have the tailoring building to slowly churn out bags over the course of the expansion. Not worried about how long it would take, would be purely to self fund my own bag upgrades.

I do have a tailor, I just don't think I can be bothered with alts anymore... Takes too much focus away from my main.
    This...This X-pack I want to focus on one character and no more alts. bags are always so expensive that I put it on my old main and I loved having royal satchels for all bank slots. (Moved servers on my hunter who has engineering and mining...so I might have to go tailoring now)

Quote Originally Posted by nipal View Post
    Here's the part I've been trying to figure out. I have enchanting on my main (keeping that), and want to drop skinning for either Engineering or Blacksmithing. Whichever I don't take on my main, I'll take on my alt. I plan to level the profs up to 600 before WoD hits on both.

Now - the determining factor on which prof I put on my main and which on my alt is -- in terms of blacksmithing I mainly just want it so I can craft myself some good epic gear. However, what's not clear yet about WoD is if there will be special recipes that you can ONLY get through raids or rep with certain factions...

If this is the case (high-end epic recipes only avail through raids or reps) then I'd need to take the prof on my main because I don't really play my alts much.

If however all recipes will be avail *only* through Garrisons, then I'd probably take engineering on my main, as I think I heard although most of what engineers will be able to make are BoE (which means I can sell them) they will have better stats or something if you have engineering.

I don't know how accurate this is, but if anyone can provide any feedback from what they've heard.

Thanks
    Really can't provide an answer to your question, as we just don't know yet whether there will be recipes associated with raids or rep. That's the kind of thing they tend to add at the very end of beta, or even at release.

If you have the gold/mats to burn, you may as well level BS now, just in case. If you don't, then it's probably best to just wait until more information is available.

Quote Originally Posted by nipal View Post

Thanks
    Don't know where you heard this but you heard wrong. If you're a plate user and you're not using BS, you're gimping yourself on 3 easy to obtain gear upgrades. Engineering really only helps Hunters but not even Hunters would want to be Engineering solely for a sub-par crafted weapon. You're probably thinking of that secondary stat re-roll thing, which every crafting profession can do for gear related to that profession.