Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Q. Why is the auction house system being removed from Diablo III?

The gold and real-money auction houses have provided a convenient and secure system for trading, but it's also become increasingly clear that despite the benefits they provide, they ultimately undermine Diablo’s core gameplay. A big part of Diablo is the thrill of battling demons and finding epic loot. While buying epic loot in the auction houses might be more convenient, it doesn't feel anywhere near as heroic as plowing through a pack of fearsome-looking monsters and having them drop that one awesome item that seems like it was made for your character.
    With the in game trading system, Diablo 3 far surpassed the "thrill of battling demons and find epic loot".

The AH gave an extra dimension to this rather pointless hunting for loot forever.

Deleting it was one of the most (if not the most) serious blunders Blizzard ever made.

It showed to me that the kids have no idea and regulated Diablo 3 to a male 14 year old ADHD button smashing experience without ANY deeper game play.

Even Farmville 2 is better these days. Real Money Trading will just be the next step in game design.

/Shrug if the kids don't get it. If Rob Pardo ever makes a game again with RMAH, I am in for good.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-25 at 04:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I only have one comment to this thread.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    EVE Online: People buy $20 PLEX all the time just to buy internet virtual spaceships that can be destroyed... I'd imagine there'd be more than a few WoW players out there who would pay $5 for an AH mount and such, though in all seriousness I doubt it would work too well in WoW.
    The reason it works in EVE is just that... the ships are blown up all the time. Death penalties like "loose all your stuff" is the best gold-sink ever. However, one of the main reasons WoW hit it off big-time back in 2004 was that it launched with "carebear gameplay". Unfortunately the lack of any efficient gold-sinks is the reason why it would totally kill the game if you could officially buy your way to stuff.

PS: It took less than a year for D3 to abandon the real money AH. Take it as a hint on Blizzard's stance. They tried it out in a game franchise that is notorious for 3rd-party market places. As if WoW didn't have enough goldbuyers as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fine UNTIL the inevitable happens: WoW becomes Pay-to-Win. I don't support or play Pay-to-Win games. I bought D3 because I didn't know they were gonna pull the Real Money Auction House stunt and utterly ruin the game. I wasn't gonna buy RoS until they confirmed they were gonna remove the Auction House altogether and utterly fix the game.

WoW is my favorite game of all time. It would really break my heart to see it die as another Pay-to-Win. If WoW is gonna die someday, I think it deserves better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    k I am just going to lay this here and see how you guys feel about this.

Remember the Diablo 3 auction house? There an actual real money aspect to it and you had the gold side for bidding and on the other side you had real currency for bidding. People could sell any gear. What if raiding gear (all gear) was BOE and you could sell anything on either side of the market so to speak. It would bind on equip however (unlike D3) Imagine someone selling mythic gear, legendaries, hard to get gears...for real money...that would/may be a real shot to economy...hell that would be a game in itself.

Many different options to start this up with. Many people loved it in D3 and many people also hated it. Perhaps it could be done better with in WoW, I think it might be interesting to discuss.
    You... do recall the RMAH was closed in Diablo 3 for failing to meet expectations for doing exactly that what you posted? RMAH, in WoW, would make WoW the definitive 'pay-to-win' game.

definitive 'pay-to-win' game OR best economy ever?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

RMAH dont fit a subscription MMO. If this game was F2P then maybe you could make an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't give Blizzard ideas (or well support ones that they might be entertaining).

RMAH would ruin the economy.

Deleted
    Those nolife AH campers/flippers wouldn't even leave their place, so maybe no.