How are DKs doing so far in the beta?

I know that the level 100 talents are kind of wonky, but aside from that aspect how are DKs playing as of now in the beta? Based on gameplay not numbers, I realize the damage tuning isn't finished yet.

Honestly feels like live unholy/frost a little slower but much the same (excluding new talent play). Blood however.... Slow and boring now (in my personal opinion, it's far to slow to play)

DK were nerfed whilst we were not even top. Current testing as of today 22 august on stream heroic content, shows on butcher (fairly static boss) that melee are way behind warlock/mages and compared to other melee I have seen they were behind all of them.

Obviously this is one raid, and there is no telling how those DKs are skill wise.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    DK were nerfed whilst we were not even top. Current testing as of today 22 august on stream heroic content, shows on butcher (fairly static boss) that melee are way behind warlock/mages and compared to other melee I have seen they were behind all of them.

Obviously this is one raid, and there is no telling how those DKs are skill wise.
    We sort of have to be though with everything put into obliterate. PVP folk would moan and just cause a nerf to PVE anyway (sound familiar) they try balance our specs the same. We will always be top or bottom, normally at the top unless PVP people moan. If 2h is not viable at the start then roll unholy. Personally i think we are going to be a gimped DPS better to roll warrior. Ranged will be ahead of everyone most the time due to nature of fights as normal.

I don't blame PVP people btw the DK community has told blizzard time and time again pushing damage into oblit is not a good idea. They never listen we get nerfed when moaning starts.

TL: DR:

2h frost: Great damage atm (top 1/3) but plays very slow (40% downtime) and a huge portion of its damage comes from 1 ability (Obliterate doing 40%+).

DW: Bad damage now (bottom 1/3), plays slow, damage is more balance between OB/FS/HB.

Unholy: Awful damage (1k from being the worst DPS in the game) but it definitely plays better than Frost imo. Less wait time and all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they would figure out what to do with the class, the constant changes which seems like they goof around with DK's every patch since WotLK. I just want it to play smoothly and fun, I have no concerns of wanting to be OP and flex the epeen every fight, I got out of that phase long ago. Just fix the class Blizzard and listen to what the players have to say instead of talking at us and telling us what we want because they think its best... with class (all classes) changes the past few years it's obvious your theory just doesnt work.
    Here come the Irish.

Ive heard good things about unholy pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    From my limited experience it goes like this.

Blood- Lost identity. No spec flavor losing heart/blood strike. Mechanically fine and works, but not as fun to me.
    Frost- Slightly slower, but damage is OP atm. Feels fine tbh.
    Unholy- This is the most fun spec to me. The way it plays hasn't changed much, and that's fine. Dps is rather weak though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Blood- Lost identity. No spec flavor losing heart/blood strike. Mechanically fine and works, but not as fun to me.
    Unholy- This is the most fun spec to me. The way it plays hasn't changed much, and that's fine. Dps is rather weak though.
    Blood's identity was Death Strike, I almost never use it, Heart Strike that is
    Nyaaaa~

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Blood, and it feels like I can afk now. Not what I would have in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Frost damage is far from OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Frost damage is far from OP.
    It was a few builds ago. I checked it on like the middle of August. I was able to do 30k+ on a dummy when other people were doing 20k

Just read Magdalena's posts for a general idea of the problems with DKs right now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14059215920

Quote Originally Posted by Denalian View Post
    Just read Magdalena's posts for a general idea of the problems with DKs right now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14059215920
    It's so well written, now if only Blizz would read it
    Nyaaaa~

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I play Blood, and it feels like I can afk now. Not what I would have in mind
    This worries me because I ONLY tank with my DK
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I don't feel any real change have happened to the pace of blood, though I miss bloodworms.